Author Topic: Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar - 12/1/18 - HAL Rnd 16 - McDonald Jones Stadium  (Read 1297 times)

coast

My hunch is that if we bomb out of the ACL, which we will, The Dentist will be shown the waiting room door.

scribbo

And the rest of the boys club.

coast

And the rest of the boys club.

Craig Moore top of the list. This is his squad as much as Aloisi's.

Chico Raul

Surprisingly the ref and neither the VAR nor the Review Panel saw anything in Pepper's two footed tackle on Rodriguez.
Spitting towards an opponent gets seven games. Badly bruise and half cripple an opponent and you are free to go.
It's a strange world.

dobo

Surprisingly the ref and neither the VAR nor the Review Panel saw anything in Pepper's two footed tackle on Rodriguez.
Spitting towards an opponent gets seven games. Badly bruise and half cripple an opponent and you are free to go.
It's a strange world.

slow mo makes the tackle look way worse than what it was. he jumps early as an intimidation type thing but by the time he actually makes the challenge he has a standing foot completely grounded and has some sort of control over the challenge. His studs are down by the time he makes the challenge and gets the ball first.  It is more just momentum going through. Interestingly Pato actually does the same sort of thing, jumps in two footed but is no where near the ball (i missed this on the first view as i was only watching pepper). Pato is actually still in the air two footed when pepper has one foot grounded and has played the ball.

I am with the MRP and the VAR with this one, it probably should have been a free kick because he does make contact with the ankle, a case could be made for a yellow as you could argue that it was reckless but defintely not a red card.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205787
  • Total Topics: 8076
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1