Author Topic: Only three and a bit weeks to go  (Read 4433 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Only three and a bit weeks to go
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
What i dont get, is that with the longest off season on the planet, Roar Management cant get all their players fit for round one (Didnt Papadopoulos go down with cramps, never mind all the players who couldn't even get on the field) and cant even get all their players in the same country.

And then after the game Aloisi effectively says, never mind, its only a ten team comp with a 6 team finals system, once we eventually get them fit and on the park, we will be right to challenge for the Post Season Cup
I get that there are issues with the training facilities, but this is no different to previous seasons. So I am also scratching my head on this one. Wasn't there a change in the people doing the fitness side of things at the end of last season? Maybe that is the problem.
Its up to the physios and the trainers to ensure that JA has a fit squad for game one. It is then up to JA to make sure the players are organised, motivated and understand their roles and get the tactics right. Roar did not have a fully fit squad. Looked lethargic and tactically were well contained by a City team which were not particularly that good.
One of the excuses JA came up with for the poor FFA Cup performance was that Roar's approach to preseason is to do ball work early in the piece and fitness work later. It seems like it is still work in progress.
Which quite frankly is not good enough for a club in a professional comp. 
As for the issues around getting the Frenchman on board, It looks like a lack of professional know how on the management side.  The same lack of know how that resulted in avoidable fines in the ACL last season.

coast

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2017, 09:47:20 PM »
What i dont get, is that with the longest off season on the planet, Roar Management cant get all their players fit for round one (Didnt Papadopoulos go down with cramps, never mind all the players who couldn't even get on the field) and cant even get all their players in the same country.

And then after the game Aloisi effectively says, never mind, its only a ten team comp with a 6 team finals system, once we eventually get them fit and on the park, we will be right to challenge for the Post Season Cup
I get that there are issues with the training facilities, but this is no different to previous seasons. So I am also scratching my head on this one. Wasn't there a change in the people doing the fitness side of things at the end of last season? Maybe that is the problem.
Its up to the physios and the trainers to ensure that JA has a fit squad for game one. It is then up to JA to make sure the players are organised, motivated and understand their roles and get the tactics right. Roar did not have a fully fit squad. Looked lethargic and tactically were well contained by a City team which were not particularly that good.
One of the excuses JA came up with for the poor FFA Cup performance was that Roar's approach to preseason is to do ball work early in the piece and fitness work later. It seems like it is still work in progress.
Which quite frankly is not good enough for a club in a professional comp. 
As for the issues around getting the Frenchman on board, It looks like a lack of professional know how on the management side.  The same lack of know how that resulted in avoidable fines in the ACL last season.

Fellas, I think it's simply the age of the players. I think we can expect to be without Holman for big slabs of the season. Likewise TK.  These are serious injuries for players in their mid 30s.

Aloisi was always going to have to be very lucky for his gamble on the oldies to pay off.   

It was dumbfuck recruiting from start to finish.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:48:54 PM by coast »

noodles

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
this club is farked... the more it goes a long the worse it gets.. bring on a second brisbane team pllleeaasseee

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205400
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0