Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 49764 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #720 on: January 19, 2018, 03:13:49 PM »
For more information from all HAL clubs check this out: http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=app
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Chico Raul

« Reply #721 on: January 21, 2018, 06:24:09 AM »
With Roar planning to take a weaker squad to Mariners, what is the likelihood of Skapetis scoring against us?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #722 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
I've been looking at Kristensen as of late and I feel he may be a bit too past it. Yes I know he's had an injury plagued season but he seems to be step behind in his thinking on the field as well as resorting to giving away cheap free kicks when an opposition player is too fast for him. It seems to be happening more and more.

Question is: He's got another season left on his contract. Is he worth the punt to keep him on and hold out hope that he can reclaim his form from last season? He turns 35 in April as well.
Side note: Matt McKay turned 35 in January too. Now he's a club legend and for mine I'd be more willing to offer McKay a one year extension and try to move TK on whilst getting on the market for a couple of experienced mid to late 20 year old midfielders.

Thoughts?
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

miron mercedes

« Reply #723 on: February 07, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
I've been looking at Kristensen as of late and I feel he may be a bit too past it. Yes I know he's had an injury plagued season but he seems to be step behind in his thinking on the field as well as resorting to giving away cheap free kicks when an opposition player is too fast for him. It seems to be happening more and more.

Question is: He's got another season left on his contract. Is he worth the punt to keep him on and hold out hope that he can reclaim his form from last season? He turns 35 in April as well.
Side note: Matt McKay turned 35 in January too. Now he's a club legend and for mine I'd be more willing to offer McKay a one year extension and try to move TK on whilst getting on the market for a couple of experienced mid to late 20 year old midfielders.

Thoughts?

Depends on why he is so poor...He was fantastic last season.It's hard to imagine he has slid so far behind in 8 months just because he is 8 months older. Has to be injury related . He appears to have almost no fitness. I wonder also if having a better balanced team last year also made his life easier .He has had injury, worse players around him, a lack of fitness and a team low on confidence to contend with . Not sure what to think to be honest.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

denzele

« Reply #724 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »
Slipery fish is back :)...

FORMER Brisbane Roar star Henrique wants to return to the three-time A-League champions.

The Brazilian-Australian, who left the Roar at the end of the 2015-16 season, has failed to settle since his departure from Queensland.

He has had stints at Negeri Sembilan (Malaysia), Adelaide United and Chiangrai United (Thailand).

Henrique also signed contracts with Gostaresh Foulad (Iran) and only last month with Jumpasri United (Thailand), but left before playing matches for them due to ?money problems?.

The 32-year-old attacking weapon, who was part of the Roar?s three-title winning squads, is back in Brisbane and wants to stay.

He was a special guest of the club at the Roar?s 2-1 loss to Melbourne City at Suncorp Stadium last Sunday night and has his heart set on playing for the club again.

?I want to move my family here and stay here now,? Henrique said.

?I?m waiting for some offers ? I?d rather stay here in Brisbane. ?I?ve got big feelings (for the fans).?

Having acquired free agency status last month, Henrique would be eligible to join the Roar for the rest of the season despite the transfer window having closed.

However, the Roar aren?t expected to add to their squad between now and the end of the season.

It seems Henrique?s best chance of rejoining the Roar would be to sign for an NPL Queensland club, perform well and show he?s worthy of an A-League contract for the 2018-19 season.

?I?m considering that,? said Henrique, who hasn?t played competitive football since June last year.

?I just need to train ? I?m still young, I can do a lot of things still.?

Henrique admitted he had a few regrets about his decision not to accept an offer from the Roar in 2016 to stay at the club.

?If I could change a little bit, I would change a few things, but it?s all experience,? he said.

?About the choice, the timing ? maybe it wasn?t the best time for me to leave.?

Meanwhile, defender Jade North is in contention to return to Brisbane?s line-up for Friday night?s clash against Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.

Roar coach John Aloisi is yet to decide who will replace the suspended Corey Brown at left back for the match.

With logical replacement Connor O?Toole still sidelined with a foot injury, Aloisi is mulling over the versatile trio of Daniel Bowles, Ivan Franjic and Dane Ingham.

Chico Raul

« Reply #725 on: February 08, 2018, 05:48:55 AM »
Slipery fish is back :)...

FORMER Brisbane Roar star Henrique wants to return to the three-time A-League champions.

The Brazilian-Australian, who left the Roar at the end of the 2015-16 season, has failed to settle since his departure from Queensland.

He has had stints at Negeri Sembilan (Malaysia), Adelaide United and Chiangrai United (Thailand).

Henrique also signed contracts with Gostaresh Foulad (Iran) and only last month with Jumpasri United (Thailand), but left before playing matches for them due to ?money problems?.

The 32-year-old attacking weapon, who was part of the Roar?s three-title winning squads, is back in Brisbane and wants to stay.

He was a special guest of the club at the Roar?s 2-1 loss to Melbourne City at Suncorp Stadium last Sunday night and has his heart set on playing for the club again.

?I want to move my family here and stay here now,? Henrique said.

?I?m waiting for some offers ? I?d rather stay here in Brisbane. ?I?ve got big feelings (for the fans).?

Having acquired free agency status last month, Henrique would be eligible to join the Roar for the rest of the season despite the transfer window having closed.

However, the Roar aren?t expected to add to their squad between now and the end of the season.

It seems Henrique?s best chance of rejoining the Roar would be to sign for an NPL Queensland club, perform well and show he?s worthy of an A-League contract for the 2018-19 season.

?I?m considering that,? said Henrique, who hasn?t played competitive football since June last year.

?I just need to train ? I?m still young, I can do a lot of things still.?

Henrique admitted he had a few regrets about his decision not to accept an offer from the Roar in 2016 to stay at the club.

?If I could change a little bit, I would change a few things, but it?s all experience,? he said.

?About the choice, the timing ? maybe it wasn?t the best time for me to leave.?

Meanwhile, defender Jade North is in contention to return to Brisbane?s line-up for Friday night?s clash against Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.

Roar coach John Aloisi is yet to decide who will replace the suspended Corey Brown at left back for the match.

With logical replacement Connor O?Toole still sidelined with a foot injury, Aloisi is mulling over the versatile trio of Daniel Bowles, Ivan Franjic and Dane Ingham.
This is a test for the new football manager. Although at 32 some may say Henrique is the wrong side of 30.
On the other hand, a definite crowd favourite who rises to the big occasions and gives us an additional quality.
If the concept of  playing for contracts means anything for the current crop, then the idea that there are others who can take their place is not just academic with the likes of Henrique knocking on the door.
Interested to see how it is handled
As for playing Victory. If they can avoid embarrassment of any kind, then Roar will surpass my expectations.

mellod

« Reply #726 on: February 08, 2018, 07:20:51 AM »
I think it would be a mistake to blindly bring Henrique back. Hasn't played competitive football in over half a year, didn't set the world on fire at Adelaide and who knows what happened in Thailand/Malaysia etc. Sure he is passionate about the club, but he turned down an offer to stay here before.

In reality, with his lack of fitness, we would be signing him for next season. By next season he will be 33, and by the end of the season 34. He's had some injury issues recently as well. I don't mind the idea of the club letting him train with them for the rest of the season and assessing him after that.

jamboree

« Reply #727 on: February 08, 2018, 08:51:25 AM »
This off-season is an opportunity to clean out the squad. Bringing back a crowd favourite is not a good choice to me.
Building a team with a bit of youth next year to challenge for the season after is what I d like to see.

Would you rather Akbari/Leck/D'agostino play on the bench or henrique ?

dobo

« Reply #728 on: February 08, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »
This off-season is an opportunity to clean out the squad. Bringing back a crowd favourite is not a good choice to me.
Building a team with a bit of youth next year to challenge for the season after is what I d like to see.

Would you rather Akbari/Leck/D'agostino play on the bench or henrique ?

depends, if rique is going to come off the bench and score every other game (particularly when we need a goal) then i would be happy to have him. so far leck (although i am a fan of his work rate) hasnt looked like he could turn a game and missed an absolute sitter last week. i like the look of akbari but havent seen enough. daggers need to start finding the back of the net.

rique could always turn a game. i know that it is like comparing apples and oranges as the whole team was performing better when rique was playing which makes it easier to create chances but i also think a blind focus on youth will get you nowhere, a team has to have a good balance (something that we have not got right this year). I also think that we do not need a year to build a team that is what this year was, we have 17 player off contract keep the ones you want, recruit better int the areas that we have struggled and we should be able to compete next season, that is the whole reason for the salary cap.

coast

« Reply #729 on: February 08, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
Another mid 30s player for next season should not be considered.

We have to look to the future, not the past.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206101
  • Total Topics: 8099
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13