Author Topic: Boutique Stadium  (Read 6839 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Boutique Stadium
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
Hahaha, if Johnathan Thurston gets his way after last night's Grand Final statement of "North Queensland deserves a new stadium", I think that's where the government money will be going...

If you want a new stadium down here, better start finding a private investor.

@BrisbaneRover

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
Must be me getting old, but everybody seems to want/expect Roar to be able to move into a brand spanking state of the art modern purpose built facility with integrated transport solutions, WiFi, exec boxes and big screens.
Personally I'd ve more than happy to see us move into a place that just does enough to meet the Fox Sport requirements so we don't miss out on TV money.
 All the rest of the facilities can come over time, when we've managed to save a bit of money or are in a position to increase the mortgage.
The first house I ever bought was a complete renovation project. I stayed with the folks for a good 12 months & called in favors etc to get it into a livable state. But it was mine. And as I outgrew it, got a family, got more income etc I improved myself.

Moving into a brand new, multi million $$$ turnkey development is NOT the only way we can escape Lang Park.

Terroarist

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »

Must be me getting old, but everybody seems to want/expect Roar to be able to move into a brand spanking state of the art modern purpose built facility with integrated transport solutions, WiFi, exec boxes and big screens.
Personally I'd ve more than happy to see us move into a place that just does enough to meet the Fox Sport requirements so we don't miss out on TV money.
 All the rest of the facilities can come over time, when we've managed to save a bit of money or are in a position to increase the mortgage.
The first house I ever bought was a complete renovation project. I stayed with the folks for a good 12 months & called in favors etc to get it into a livable state. But it was mine. And as I outgrew it, got a family, got more income etc I improved myself.

Moving into a brand new, multi million $$$ turnkey development is NOT the only way we can escape Lang Park.
agreed.. Perry park could be upgraded cheaply to get the ball rolling.
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

Boozey

• Here for the football not the bullshit.
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »

Perry park is a perfect option to redevelop, we've already seen a plan that fits hindmarsh stadium perfectly on the same area as perry park.

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »

Perry park is a perfect option to redevelop, we've already seen a plan that fits hindmarsh stadium perfectly on the same area as perry park.
hindmarsh is 30 years old and in no way good enough. if fox sports had their way adelaide would play at the oval. i like it and its nice and closed in and everything like that but it would have to be something like Robina......

BrynFC

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »
Still amazed at the lack of any talk, strongly pushing QLD Gov for a smaller stadium for Brisbane.

NSW gov is pushing ahead with knocking down two stadiums and spending 2 billion on a a 75k and a 40k stadium.

Every year we see a home game pushed away from home so they can hold a concert at Suncorp.

Only asking for a mere $250 mil for a 25k Perry Park :)

Its interesting how Crystal Palace new stadium plans are so cheap for a 36k or so sized stadium is even possible.

Ok Santa, what i want for the new year is a new club owner, a new manager, a new stadium, a new Brisbane team for a bit off a challenge and a team that isn't as old as the local over 35's team.

While I'm dreaming, how about an extra 4 teams in the A league and a second tier, known as the B League.

And while I'm there, the new Sydney 75k stadium can hold the 2022 world cup final that is given to Australia, due to bribing :)

With a new FIFA board taking over FFA in the next few days, they will be over the moon and decide to award it to us :)

So Santa, if you leave me a f@*ken bike under the tree instead, I'm going to be mad.

hehe

dobo

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Still amazed at the lack of any talk, strongly pushing QLD Gov for a smaller stadium for Brisbane.

NSW gov is pushing ahead with knocking down two stadiums and spending 2 billion on a a 75k and a 40k stadium.

Every year we see a home game pushed away from home so they can hold a concert at Suncorp.

Only asking for a mere $250 mil for a 25k Perry Park :)

Its interesting how Crystal Palace new stadium plans are so cheap for a 36k or so sized stadium is even possible.

Ok Santa, what i want for the new year is a new club owner, a new manager, a new stadium, a new Brisbane team for a bit off a challenge and a team that isn't as old as the local over 35's team.

While I'm dreaming, how about an extra 4 teams in the A league and a second tier, known as the B League.

And while I'm there, the new Sydney 75k stadium can hold the 2022 world cup final that is given to Australia, due to bribing :)

With a new FIFA board taking over FFA in the next few days, they will be over the moon and decide to award it to us :)

So Santa, if you leave me a f@*ken bike under the tree instead, I'm going to be mad.

hehe

given the political climate at the moment here in QLD i dont see a stadium being built in the next 3 years and probably more like 10 -15 years. How much would the government get slayed in the media and the polls, building a small stadium in Brisbane, when they have been spouting debt reduction for the last how many years? any party would loose votes in regional/North qld, as well as brisbane league fans (unless brisbane gets a second NRL team)

medley

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »
Maybe Adani can build us one!!
They could put in for a grant and use our tax money, say they are creating 10'000 (fictitious) jobs, and show their perfect environmental record!

BrynFC

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 10:21:21 AM »
It's crazy to think that NSW is almost debt free, yet we have over 80 Billion in Debt.

Someone has to make a few changes to get this under control, after they build a new stadium, lol

Your right about the north and west getting annoyed, still think south east old should become there own state, the Aus states are just way to big, considering the USA is a similar size and have 49 lower states.

dobo

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »
Maybe Adani can build us one!!
They could put in for a grant and use our tax money, say they are creating 10'000 (fictitious) jobs, and show their perfect environmental record!

This is completely un-researched and un-varified by myself so it is very possible that it is incorrect but i have heard that the QLD government automatically take possession of stadiums over a certain size (i heard 10, 000 seats). no way you are going to get a private company building a stadium if the qld government will just take possession of it.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205387
  • Total Topics: 8048
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2