Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs Newcastle Jets - 22/10/17 - HAL Rnd 3 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 2666 times)

jamboree

Re: Brisbane Roar vs Newcastle Jets - 22/10/17 - HAL Rnd 3 - Suncorp Stadium
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2017, 07:16:20 AM »
Agree with fixer. Sadly Aloisi keeps mentioning the 'good' second half performance this will result in a similar team against phoenix:
Hingert - Papa - Devere - North
             Caletti  - Mckay
FBK              Holman         EB
                     MM

If we re going to score then we need width from fullbacks. North can t do that.

dobo

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
Pretty sure Mulvey played North as a DM a few times (and that North even scored from that role). After 3 straight loses where mf was the core differentiator, I'd be surprised if North doesn't play in that role this weekend.

I think this was it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3F2_nTpXB8

I dont think North was playing as a DM when he scored that goal, just looked up the report, he was moved into DM when Brattan went off in the 76"
most of the game he was playing as CB.

we lined up

theo
Hingert-smith- North- Steffa
brattan
miller-mckay
franjic-bes-broich
with henrique comming on for bes at 26" brown on for Brattan at 76" (north to dm steff to cb brown to lb) and Dimi on for Mckay at 81"

I like fixers line up but i would put holeman on the bench and play FBK or EB in the 10 role. Holeman was absolute pants for 80 mins last week, he had a good 10 minutes around the 70min mark but that is not good enough to warrant selection. I dont think we will see it but surely 3 losses from a pretty similar team and formation means something has to change.

cottonjaws

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »
Yeah dobo, that?s right on the money.
Watching Holman every trap was a hard touch and when he?d given us 60mins of that rubbish he ran around like a psycho for 10mins trying to make things happen.

When he is moving at pace he looks impressive and maybe was a bit unlucky on the weekend but if he can only do it for 10 minutes then he is our marque super sub.

dobo

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »
Watching Holman every trap was a hard touch and when he?d given us 60mins of that rubbish he ran around like a psycho for 10mins trying to make things happen.

When he is moving at pace he looks impressive and maybe was a bit unlucky on the weekend but if he can only do it for 10 minutes then he is our marque super sub.

he is clearly not fit yet. everything he did was at a stretch and that lead to most of his poor touches and passes. he needs a couple more weeks of fitness before starting in my view. there are players that can come out when not 100% and still perform at or near their best just for a reduced amount of time, unfortunately Holeman is not one of those players, he has to be at 100% to get anywhere near his best.

Paolo

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2017, 08:47:36 PM »
 ;D   Looks like we didn't do too bad in this game after all !!

:) 

gooseman22

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

he is clearly not fit yet. everything he did was at a stretch and that lead to most of his poor touches and passes. he needs a couple more weeks of fitness before starting in my view. there are players that can come out when not 100% and still perform at or near their best just for a reduced amount of time, unfortunately Holeman is not one of those players, he has to be at 100% to get anywhere near his best.
...but...how is he not fit? He came in last season and had a full preseason. He?s a professional in a professional league...not injured, so no excuses.

Chico Raul

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2017, 06:02:24 AM »

...but...how is he not fit? He came in last season and had a full preseason. He?s a professional in a professional league...not injured, so no excuses.
Sydney are not conceding many. The last two have been decent strikes from distance. Holman maybe an option against them and bag a long range strike. But if we want to play with the same energy and intensity as against Victory, two weeks back, D'Aggers should start.

mellod

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2017, 07:51:59 AM »

Wasn't he injured for a large part of the pre-season?

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205387
  • Total Topics: 8048
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2