Author Topic: Striker/Number 9  (Read 878 times)

jamboree

Striker/Number 9
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:31 AM »
Maybe too early to bring up, but who would you have leading the line next season ?
D'agostino
If D'agostino doesn't get any a league time in the role then is it going to be ACL ?

Skapetis/Gameiro ???

Another import ?

Other Australian -- Nathan Burns

Im getting nervous that Macarone maybe kept on.

BrynFC

Re: Striker/Number 9
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »
Cahill, he is about to turn 38, so he is the perfect age for JA's plan

mellod

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:15:39 AM »
In my opinion we need to replace our current AM/ST marquees with new AM/ST marquees. No one in the squad is up to the task of leading the line and scoring 20 goals next season and none of Holman's understudy's have the required creativity. 

I do wonder, however, whether Eric's contract is backended so he is on marquee wages next season? That would certainly throw a spanner in the works.

coast

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »

Cahill hasn't matured yet.  I suspect JA will want to wait and see how he's come on in 12 months.

Fixer

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:16:39 PM »
Would love to have Jamie back tbh , .....,

BrynFC

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »

Cahill hasn't matured yet.  I suspect JA will want to wait and see how he's come on in 12 months.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah your right,

he need's more time to develop and he has too much speed at the moment  ::)

denzele

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »
Would love to have Jamie back tbh , .....,
The way things are going with him overthere in Germany I wouldn't be suprised if he comes back . The real question is where exactly? 

Last time I checked he didn't score yet and hasn't start game yet . Few appearances from bench .

EDIT : Out of 14 games so far he played 125 min. 6 times appearance as substitute. Picked up a yellow card . There's no way he's happy with this . If I was I JA would definitely keep an eye on him . I can see him coming home soon or later .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:04:08 PM by denzele »

spongebob

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »
Get jamie Mac back in Jan. Roar win with a decent striker. He wins with game time before WC

Septic Bladder

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
^ but he wont be match fit.

As for Socceroos - Hahaha

coast

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 08:14:46 AM »

Odd player, McClaren.  He was quick, but not exceptional, certainly not a Michael Owen.  Not enough to outrun most defenders in the A League.  Poor in the air, not big enough to hold the ball up.  And his finishing was actually poor - so many fluffed chances.  I can't recall him ever really striking the ball with power.  And he didn't seem able to beat defenders one on one.

He somehow scored a lot of goals regardless, almost all of them around the 6 yard area.  He would time his short, darting runs perfectly - a true poacher.  But it's a one dimensional game, and I did wonder if he would be found out at a higher level, which seems to have happened.

denzele

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »

Odd player, McClaren.  He was quick, but not exceptional, certainly not a Michael Owen.  Not enough to outrun most defenders in the A League.  Poor in the air, not big enough to hold the ball up.  And his finishing was actually poor - so many fluffed chances.  I can't recall him ever really striking the ball with power.  And he didn't seem able to beat defenders one on one.

He somehow scored a lot of goals regardless, almost all of them around the 6 yard area.  He would time his short, darting runs perfectly - a true poacher.  But it's a one dimensional game, and I did wonder if he would be found out at a higher level, which seems to have happened.
I'll have him back any time :)

dobo

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 12:47:37 PM »

I'll have him back any time :)

I would as well. he has something that pretty much any striker would kill for, being in the right spot at the right time. It is definitely a step up for him in the 2 bundesliga but i think he can do well for them, he hasn't really had his chance yet though. he is still young and will have to win his spot in the starting lineup but the others in the squad arent really scoring so his chance will surely come (2 defenders are top scorers)

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205387
  • Total Topics: 8048
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2