Author Topic: Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar - 2/12/17 - Rnd 9 - ANZ Stadium  (Read 1537 times)

coast

Re: Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar - 2/12/17 - Rnd 9 - ANZ Stadium
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »
Agree with those who say we were bad, but they were worse. I can't remember, ever, seeing the Wanderers play so badly and with so little spirit.  Gombau has a real job ahead of him. 

But us, really, I almost wish we hadn't got the result, because it just keeps Aloisi in the job for longer.   McKay is clearly past his useby date, Caletti dinks little passes around but has no pace and no tackle. 

But two good goals, and good to have Ivan back, even at reduced pace.  And O'Toole is a better left back than Brown.  He impresses with every game. 

I just wish the game had been better to watch.  God it was dull.  So many poor games this season. No wonder crowds are staying away and the viewers aren't watching. The entertainment level has been abysmal.    Been watching the A League since game 1, and if I am completely honest, I have to say that I am close to giving up on this season and cancelling my Fox sub.  Very close.

Our club, and the A League in general, needs a kick in the arse.  The clubs and the players should be doing better than dishing up the horrible dross that pretends to be football.  Where are our talented young kids?   I can't understand why after so many years of the NYL, we have SFA to show for it. 

Fucking depressing.  That and Brisbane Roar and this whole damned season.

vando88

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 03:59:19 PM »
I seriously don't understand why Mckay is constantly selected in the first XI when his constant erroneous passing, miss time tackling and general lack game play, not to mention incessant complaining to referees are his trademark things now. Bothers me a guy like him knows he has a place in the club but doesn't make himself accountable for all the mistakes on the pitch, being a captain is his only saving grace... Probably only speaking for myself here, but I just wish he'd be a dropped a few games just to make him realise his football has been well below par.
Melbourne based Brisbane Roar supporter est. 2007

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
I've been convinced that McKay has been out of sorts for almost two seasons. TK arriving was the final straw. He can do most of Matty's work, and score goals.

Always liked him, but he needs fresh fields to get his enthusiasm back.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

denzele

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »
Can someone explained to me why did we get rid of Kaluderovic ? Whose decision was that ? 8 goals so far in Wello . Not bad stats .

vando88

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
Can someone explained to me why did we get rid of Kaluderovic ? Whose decision was that ? 8 goals so far in Wello . Not bad stats .

I think at the time, with Franz Thiessen as coach, I don't think the system suited him as such, and our squad was quite ordinary morally and physically on the back of Mulvey's sacking and apparent direction.
Melbourne based Brisbane Roar supporter est. 2007

Chico Raul

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »

I think at the time, with Franz Thiessen as coach, I don't think the system suited him as such, and our squad was quite ordinary morally and physically on the back of Mulvey's sacking and apparent direction.

According to this forum it was JA. In fairness, we got Macca instead and having Macca and Kaluderovic might not have gelled, but given how well he is going at Wello, I can see why it looks like a dumb decision  in hindsight. Although, it does look like Kaudeovic is getting good service, whereas we are struggling  to get decent balls to Maccarone.
http://theroarforum.com/index.php?topic=8314.msg188217#msg188217

Serbian Striker Andrija Kaluderovic?'s short stay here in Brisbane has ended after new Brisbane boss John Aloisi decided not to offer him a contract extension. Kaluderovic, 27, arrived here in Brisbane in January to replace the misfiring Mensur Kurtishi after leaving Swiss side FC Thun in December. A goals ratio of seven in 16 games [?]

denzele

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Oh man Kurthisi next Berisha haha  :o...How can we forget that one . Either way he can score nice headers . It will be interesting to see where he ends up after this season if he continues to fire like this .
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:02:13 PM by denzele »

Tr0jan

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »
A win's a win.

We won ugly and we have injuries with two assists for us which was a slice of good fortune for us.

Hopefully Holman and FBK aren't ready next week either as we seem a more fluid outfit without Holmans' headless chook impersonations.

No booze for the match but I did get to watch a fair bit of cricket during, so swings and roundabouts.

MonteCristo

• Two feet, studs up
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
Great goals - can't fault them. But the game itself was pretty dire.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205387
  • Total Topics: 8048
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2