Author Topic: Melbourne City Vs Brisbane Roar - 6/10/2017 - HAL Rnd 1 - AAMI Park  (Read 1672 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Melbourne City Vs Brisbane Roar - 0/10/2017
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 03:06:20 PM »
It makes me wonder if the younger players are getting a message that they are only there until the cavalry arrives (which is effectively what JA said with reference to TK, Holman and the Frenchman).  Instead of. Here is your opportunity. Grab it with both hands (which is essentially what Kamau did). 

Here is what Kossie had to say (courtesy of Fox Sports).

FORMER Socceroo John Kosmina says Brisbane?s young players need to take the game on.
Roar coach John Aloisi said after the match his side had been too ?safe? with its approach to the game.
?We were probably a little bit too safe, going sideways instead of going forwards,? he said on Fox Sports? post-match coverage.
Kosmina said the Roar had left 38-year-old former Serie A striker Maccarone too isolated up front, with Aloisi?s side failing to move the ball quickly enough.
?Johnny said that they were safe, which they were and you get that with younger players, they don?t want to give the ball away,? Kosmina said on Fox Sports? coverage.
?But in terms of ?was Maccarone isolated?? ? yes he was ? they weren?t playing that ball forward enough to him enough quickly enough.
?They weren?t looking for the forward passes either and that was the thing ? they just wanted to keep possession. They didn?t get the normal rotation that Brisbane get.?
Kosmina said recruit Peter Skapetis was a prime example of the Roar?s lack of dare, especially early in the clash.
?To me, Peter Skapetis played more as an out-and-out seven and I think that?s why Warren Joyce went for Michael Jakobsen as a left-back, just to block that channel ? they?d obviously done their homework,? he said.
?But I don?t think he did enough, Peter Skapetis. He was great when it was 2-0 and they were losing, he was busy then.
?He should have been busy right from the start and he should have put Jakobsen on the back foot right from the beginning of the game.
?He should have been busy right from the beginning of the game and that?s what you?ve got to get out of younger players, they need to be on the front foot and set the tempo.
?And they?re the ones that have got to make things happen as well ? don?t just rely on the older heads to try and guide you through, you?ve got to have a crack at this.?

theoworldwide

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »
How can you expect an injury scared player like Skapetis or Gameiro to give their all. This season in their minds is about minutes and not getting hurt. Winning surely is secondary.

theoworldwide

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:10 PM »
So is the message that without TK and holman,  we aren't good enough in mf?

theoworldwide

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 05:31:12 PM »
BTW. ..who is Rahmat Akbari? Would really appreciate some of your impressions and predictions of him... cheers

Chico Raul

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
BTW. ..who is Rahmat Akbari? Would really appreciate some of your impressions and predictions of him... cheers
Here's some stuff on Akbari
https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/joeys-selection-caps-roar-teens-amazing-journey
I didn't see any of the youth  games and it's a bit early to say how he will go as a senior.
The whole concern about the older players is not mainly that they may be a bit slower, because experience can counteract such thing. The whole thing is that getting up to full fitness and recovery from injuries takes for ever.  And we have large chunks of the season when players are unavailable due to injuries that younger players shrug off in much less time.
We seem to be a far better side when TK is fit and in the side, and I am starting to think his persistent hamstring problems possibly go a long way to explain why he ended up with us in the first place.
A fully fit Holman would have done better than D'Aggers against City. D'Aggers first touch was terrible. But here again it sort of proves the point. D'Aggers was fit. Holman was not. It will probably take him several games to gain form. And Holman missed whole chunks of last season too. As did TK.

theoworldwide

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27:05 AM »
Big op for daggers....I think that was only his 10th a league game and his first start.

I miss having dimi around...keen to see him do well at jets

mellod

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:33 AM »
Big op for daggers....I think that was only his 10th a league game and his first start.

I miss having dimi around...keen to see him do well at jets

His goal yesterday was fantastic.

theoworldwide

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:19 AM »

denzele

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 02:03:57 PM »
Wasn't Odonovan linked signing with us at some stage or was that just rumour? Seems like decent attacker still . Jets will make finals definitely this year I reckon .

jamboree

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
I thought Massimo was ok against city. Nice link play and held the ball well but lacked runners off him/close enough to him.

My concern is the central midfield lineup/shape. Caletti struggled against city. Gave the ball away quite a bit with forced passes. Holman (or Akbhari)/true CAM would take the pressure off him to create chances. If he forces a pass, he is not fast enough to get back. If Holman is out or comes off, would it be better to play Oxborrow as the anchor, Caletti rcm and Mckay lcm ?? I think we looked better with that shape.
Without Holman, a 4-3-2-1 could suit us better:

Hingert ----Devere/Papa---North----Brown
                              TK/MOx
                     Caletti            Mckay
          Skapetis                            FBK
                                MM

Any thoughts ?

mellod

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »
I thought Massimo was ok against city. Nice link play and held the ball well but lacked runners off him/close enough to him.

My concern is the central midfield lineup/shape. Caletti struggled against city. Gave the ball away quite a bit with forced passes. Holman (or Akbhari)/true CAM would take the pressure off him to create chances. If he forces a pass, he is not fast enough to get back. If Holman is out or comes off, would it be better to play Oxborrow as the anchor, Caletti rcm and Mckay lcm ?? I think we looked better with that shape.
Without Holman, a 4-3-2-1 could suit us better:

Hingert ----Devere/Papa---North----Brown
                              TK/MOx
                     Caletti            Mckay
          Skapetis                            FBK
                                MM

Any thoughts ?

According to Marco's articles this week, Holman will be back. We will still be without TK however. No idea on Eric, it seems like he will never get here.

I feel like we could only maybe (but probably not) get away with one defensive mid if it was TK. It would be a huge job for Oxborrow to try and shield the back four.

I also feel like McKay and Caletti don't have that attacking vision required to play in the attacking mid role.

I would hope that Oxborrow comes in for Caletti to give us a bit more defensive strength, and Holman comes in for Daggers to give us better link up play between midfield and the front three.

There were some pretty rough challenges in the Nix v Adelaide game, so hopefully the ref stays on top of that.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 01:13:20 PM »
When/if the Frenchman eventually arrives the next issue will be his lack of fitness and the need to bring him up to speed slowly.

You wont see him on the park before Christmas

mellod

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
When/if the Frenchman eventually arrives the next issue will be his lack of fitness and the need to bring him up to speed slowly.

You wont see him on the park before Christmas

He did have a full pre-season in France and has been training with one of his old clubs, so you would hope that fitness isn't an issue.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204662
  • Total Topics: 8007
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2