Author Topic: Impostercoglu to quit  (Read 815 times)

Septic Bladder

Impostercoglu to quit
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:44:52 AM »
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ange-postecoglou-set-to-quit-as-socceroos-coach-before-2018-world-cup-20171011-gyygx1.html

^ much Joy!!!

But he could still stuff us up big time in the playoff with CONCACAF.

This man is a serial team abandoner. He did it with The Roar after going on and on about building  a dynasty.

He has probably worked out better to leave on a winning note ( he hopes) in the playoffs, than get hammered in Russia.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:57:32 AM by Septic Bladder »

Terroarist

Re: Impostercoglu to quit
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:03 PM »
He's looked pretty miserable in the job for atleast 6 months now... and the results are quite reflective of his diminishing care-factor.
hopefully he finds what he's looking for in Europe.
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

cottonjaws

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »
Was going to suggest maybe we can swap the Aloisis for Postecogelu - I?d chuck in Craig Moore for free.

Chico Raul

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
Any Australian national coach is going to have exactly the same problem.
Which basically is that apart from Cahill, we really don't have a player capable of finishing in the games that really matter.
Juric is progressing but still has a long way to go.
The problems are not at the national coach level. They are right through the game and we really struggle to produce quality goal scorers at the top level. Just look at the A League and see how few quality Australian strikers are coming through.
If Ange quits then we will simply have another guy to whinge about but it won't fix the basic problem.
If you want to talk about boring then keep watching Syria who were kept in the two games by good goal keeping and poor finishing by Australia and a ridiculous penalty decision. Syria basically parked the bus and then countered with the long ball. That was boring. And lets not mention the  Syrian guy who fell screaming and writhing on the floor as a means of trying to fake a foul. I am thinking of the incident which the ref ignored so they guy got up again and carried on.
Seeing teams like USA and Netherlands miss out just shows that football is never a foregone conclusion.
I though Jurman did exceptionally byw well and has come a long way since his accident prone Roar days.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
We all know this crop of players has less ability than prior generations.

Ange compounds the problem through his erratic selectiions, formations and tactics.

His job was to do the best he could with the available talent. Select formations and tactics to suit the talent.

But he just wanted to let his imagination run wild.

He deserves all the criticism he gets.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
Holger Osieck won our group and got us direct qualification. [Edit: 2nd in Group]

He then experiment in some friendlies and got crucified by Lowy senior.

Ange experiments during qualification, fails direct qualification, but Lowy Junior does nothing.

Bring back Holger!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:15:29 PM by Septic Bladder »

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:45:55 PM »
Didn't we fail to qualify directly by one goal? Either a goal in Thailand to win the earlier game or a goal at home to increase the GD? How many games did we lose in over the last two phases of qualifying? 2 games in 18 matches. One in trying conditions in Jordan very early in the process, and the other against a team that were desperate to finish off qualification on home soil or possibly miss out. He can have the job as long as he likes based on that record.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

medley

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
I'm sure news of him jumping ship will do wonders for team morale!
He was a great coach for us but I can't forget the disgraceful way he dropped a bombshell, quitting and jumping on a plane to Melbourne only hours after our Queen st presentation. This was not long after his " build a dynasty" bollocks! The players were totally unaware.
Unfortunately it was Rado that had to pick up the pieces and we know how that all went.
I get the feeling Angels skin is far too thin, and if he thinks that going to Europe criticism will be easier on him he'll be in for a big surprise.

theoworldwide

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:56 AM »
Disagree with the incessant negativity towards him.

Anyone who has copped so much prejudice would be equally demoralised. His behaviour is the symptom of how he has been treated. The detractors who have predominately had nothing constructive in their opinions have been absolute cunts at times. I never use that word but there is nothing more apt to discribe some of these people. Tall poppy cunts who quiver over their keyboards when confronted with strong leadership and a plan to push boundaries.

The golden generation BTW would not be as successful today at modern club level. There are more selling leagues competiting with Australian talent. Japan, Korean, USA and; there are more foreigners from south America and africa playing in top euro leagues then ever.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »
Disagree with the incessant negativity towards him.

Anyone who has copped so much prejudice would be equally demoralised. His behaviour is the symptom of how he has been treated. The detractors who have predominately had nothing constructive in their opinions have been absolute cunts at times. I never use that word but there is nothing more apt to discribe some of these people. Tall poppy cunts who quiver over their keyboards when confronted with strong leadership and a plan to push boundaries.

The golden generation BTW would not be as successful today at modern club level. There are more selling leagues competiting with Australian talent. Japan, Korean, USA and; there are more foreigners from south America and africa playing in top euro leagues then ever.

You must be a Sarah Hanson Young supporter.

medley

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
I would've thought criticism, sometimes from cnuts , goes with the territory!!
I couldn't take it personally but imagine what the managers of some of the big teams cop, constantly!
I reckon the managers of Holland and USA might be feeling the heat right now.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »
I would've thought criticism, sometimes from cnuts , goes with the territory!!
I couldn't take it personally but imagine what the managers of some of the big teams cop, constantly!
I reckon the managers of Holland and USA might be feeling the heat right now.
But most of it is unwarranted. Despite putting in good performances at the Confederations Cup, despite missing out on automatic qualification by a mere goal, there are idiots out there who are letting loose with no realistic and pertinent criticisms. No one addresses the challenge of winning the cup, they complain that we haven't thrashed Thailand or Syria. Sniping, unconstructive, ill-informed, cunts.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Murk

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 11:16:19 AM »
I'm sure news of him jumping ship will do wonders for team morale!
He was a great coach for us but I can't forget the disgraceful way he dropped a bombshell, quitting and jumping on a plane to Melbourne only hours after our Queen st presentation. This was not long after his " build a dynasty" bollocks! The players were totally unaware.
Unfortunately it was Rado that had to pick up the pieces and we know how that all went.
I get the feeling Angels skin is far too thin, and if he thinks that going to Europe criticism will be easier on him he'll be in for a big surprise.

I seem to remember there was great suspicion he was going to desert us. I certainly regretted the tifo worshipping him - it meant I could not applaud the team without giving support to a man I believed was going to dump us.
Wasn't there one of those alleged insiders v doubters forum kerfuffles over the whole thing?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »
This is such a hard subject to try to navigate through.. There's plenty of passion running through everyone and a lot of opinions. One thing is for sure, we all want one thing and that is to qualify for the WC.

I admire Ange as a coach. He did wonders for Brisbane Roar and he won the Asian Cup.

My major concern with him is that he is fully wrapped up in his ideology and football mantra and will not waiver from it. This can both be a negative and a positive.
Positive wise his one-mindedness drove Brisbane to back to back titles and also gave the national team + fans a real pep up after somewhat failure under the previous 2 managers.
Negative wise we've seen a massive shift in tactics (3 at the back) which has seen the players struggle to adapt to. Now I'm not here to question whether that tactic/theory is right or wrong but the cold hard fact is that Ange simply doesn't have the cattle quality wise to make that system work to a satisfactory standard. With that he's found himself between a rock and a hard place. Do you reneg on your "chosen" path somewhat, tinker with the system and make do with what you got OR do you stay single minded and continue hell or highwater? Ange has obviously chosen the latter and with disappointing results he's now wearing plenty of criticism.
What is the solution? I don't exactly know. Has Ange lost interest? Are the players questioning the system? None of us know however with 2 games against Honduras coming up we need to make sure we give ourselves the best chance to beat them.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Septic Bladder

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
He is not managing the Under 10's in the Church League.

He is a full time professional manager in charge of the National Team.

As such his performance demands review.

Most reviewers have a detailed well argued list of deficiencies.

The fact that he cant deal with that speaks volumes about his character and abilities.

There would not be a professional manager in any sport in any country on the planet that would be quarantined from review.

His problems are all of his own making.

He should know that - as he has done it all before.

He is abit like the Special One - only good at a team for 2 or 3 years. He has overstayed.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:45:00 AM »
Rumours are that Ange is heading to Shanghai Shenhua on almost $4m pa.

The odds are that in the heart of modern capitalism he will be applauded by the faithful on arrival and then shown the door mid season if he does not meet KPI's.

Ange will return home citing language, cultural, and financial issues to take up a seat on the Fox Sports couch next to Bozza.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #16 on: Today at 11:15:16 AM »
Is Ange a genius??

Thinking about it, everything in the media and on social media is about Ange the person. There's zero about the players and their recent performances and only very minor discussions around Ange's tactics. Basically the pressure cooker is completely concentrated on Ange whilst leaving the actual important stuff in relation to the upcoming qualifiers against Honduras in the background and out of discussions and criticism. That's definitely not a bad thing!
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Septic Bladder

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:16:14 PM »
From SMH:

"If the Chinese speculation proves accurate, Postecoglou would be moving to a league he's denigrated both publicly and privately.

Last year, he said the A-League was "ahead" of the Chinese Super League "in the overall intensity and tempo ... and general level of the game".

Shenhua may not be the most attractive option considering its tough history with coaches.
Former English Premier League manager Gus Poyet quit his position in September - becoming the 15th head coach to leave in the past 10 years."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/robbie-slater-calls-for-loyalty-as-ange-postecoglou-linked-with-china-move-20171017-gz2bmd.html

15 coaches in 10 years!

Just proves Ange's Ego >>> his Brain.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:18:33 PM by Septic Bladder »

Raychen

« Reply #18 on: Today at 02:58:37 PM »
this snake doing what he does best and slithering off through the grass.

can't say I'm upset though, he's had a face like a smacked arse over the last six months. Just GTFO ange.

coast

« Reply #19 on: Today at 04:11:45 PM »
this snake doing what he does best and slithering off through the grass.

can't say I'm upset though, he's had a face like a smacked arse over the last six months. Just GTFO ange.

Yep.  Echoes of Brisbane Roar.  That still rankles me.  Wasn't right then, and he's doing it again now.  Disgraceful.  Ange did great things here with that great team, which he built, but he has always come over as pretty unpleasant.  Recent events make me see that whole thing with Foster on SBS all those years ago in a new light. 

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204662
  • Total Topics: 8007
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1