Author Topic: Dear John  (Read 1098 times)

Septic Bladder

Dear John
« on: November 05, 2017, 11:57:56 PM »
Dear John,

I think you are great bloke. You wear a nice suit,  you are good at TV analysis and commentating, you will forever be remembered for that goal.

But John, really, you have no idea about how to coach a team.

John, you have now had two goes at this coaching caper, and if I may be permitted a little vulgarity, you suck at it. For your own mental health, for the sake of football in this city, it?s time to move on and do something else.

Your team is slow, robotic, boring, predictable, bereft of flair, unwilling to take risks, totally devoid of any joie de vivre and I believe that these characteristics have been drummed into them by your good self and your deputy.

This performance today against CCM, particularly the first half, should be marketed as a treatment for insomniacs.

Your team is too old, poorly assembled, and remarkably, still not fully fit.

Time to look after your family, and lock in a career at at Foxtel.

Have a Merry Christmas

Regards,

Sep.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:48:50 PM by Septic Bladder »

mellod

Re: Dear John
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »
Honestly, we should have lost that game. We would have, had Young not made some spectacular saves.

Aloisi isn't going to turn things around this season. He will continue to blame injuries in pre-season for players not being up to standard. He won't look at player age or his lack of tactical awareness.

I really hope that the Bakries are out searching for a replacement, who will be given plenty of time and money to assemble a decent squad for next season. With the amount of players we have coming off contract, it is the perfect opportunity for a squad overhaul.

miron mercedes

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
Sad to say Sep.... I am reduced to having to completely agree with you .
I am ever the optimist and have hoped that JA  would come good ...but sadly I am beginning to think he hasn't got what it takes.
Not sure why, as his tactical analysis on Fox was quite good , you would think he could look at his team and see obvious deficiencies and correct them.
Maybe when he is coaching he is too close and involved ? Maybe he needs distance from a team to accurately assess them ?

Either way ,it would appear he doesn't have what it takes to fix things at the Roar.

The team may improve simply because there is some talent there and if TK comes back in it may settle things more...but JA himself should have managed the whole preseason and first five games much better.
The optimist in me hopes he suddenly comes good but that same optimism is also still hoping for a Lotto win.     
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Terroarist

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
its really uninspiring isn't it!
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

Terror

• Klose - The TRUE White Pele
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
At best he is an assistant coach. As Sep said, he will be remembered as a legend of the game here in Australia for that goal. I just hope that his shit coaching doesn't blemish that memory.

Bring back Farina!
f**k England
f**k Chelsea
Laugh at Man united
CR7 is a freak and a c**t

gooseman22

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
I am ever the optimist and have hoped that JA  would come good ...but sadly I am beginning to think he hasn't got what it takes.
Not sure why, as his tactical analysis on Fox was quite good , you would think he could look at his team and see obvious deficiencies and correct them.
Maybe when he is coaching he is too close and involved ? Maybe he needs distance from a team to accurately assess them ?

Either way ,it would appear he doesn't have what it takes to fix things at the Roar.

The team may improve simply because there is some talent there and if TK comes back in it may settle things more...but JA himself should have managed the whole preseason and first five games much better.
The optimist in me hopes he suddenly comes good but that same optimism is also still hoping for a Lotto win.     
I think Sep should have his trolling licence revoked. He?s speaking far too much sense, lately.

theoworldwide

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
It's really dissapointing if ja can't turn this around. We just need to fix mf!

coast

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »

Bit like being a film critic, Miron.  Just because you can analyse a film doesn't mean you can make one.

And my views on JA are well known and now reinforced.  A competent pundit he may be, but he's not a coach and he's destroying our club.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:36:09 AM by coast »

miron mercedes

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »

I think Sep should have his trolling licence revoked. He?s speaking far too much sense, lately.

Sep is a fake ...he actually loves the Roar...why else would he spend so much time worrying about what happens to them ?
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Septic Bladder

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »

...for the sake of football in this city...

Terror

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »

...for the sake of football in this city...

Good on you Sep. Always looking out for Brisbane's football interests.
f**k England
f**k Chelsea
Laugh at Man united

coast

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »
Maybe this is all part of a cunning plan by FFA to create a cache of Roar supporters who are so unhappy that they would jump ship to a new Brisbane side. 

And it's working!

Terror

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »
Maybe this is all part of a cunning plan by FFA to create a cache of Roar supporters who are so unhappy that they would jump ship to a new Brisbane side. 

And it's working!

How will the Roar manage without the likes of Sep?
f**k England
f**k Chelsea
Laugh at Man united

Chico Raul

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
......Dear Kevin
You have been gifted a prolific striker courtesy of Brisbane,. You have a solvent well resourced club to back you. You inherited a set up put in place by Ange.
You have had a great pre-season. Remember how you beat Brisbane 5-1 at Perry park? It seems so long ago.
Even with some of your players away on international duty courtesy of the inept people that the run the competition, you have an abundance of players at your disposal.
Yet! Still without a win Kevin. How come?
Note even against the second bottom team in the comp! At home!
I see those seagulls circling!

MonkJet

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »
......Dear Kevin
You have been gifted a prolific striker courtesy of Brisbane,. You have a solvent well resourced club to back you. You inherited a set up put in place by Ange.
You have had a great pre-season. Remember how you beat Brisbane 5-1 at Perry park? It seems so long ago.
Even with some of your players away on international duty courtesy of the inept people that the run the competition, you have an abundance of players at your disposal.

Did you notice how the comentators kept referring to how many of the Roar players have come from Melbourne?
Hingert, Papadopoulos, newly signed Franjic, Skapetis, Theo, Khalfallah...

They didn't feel the need to mention that only Theo and Kalfallah had actually played for a Melbourne HAL club before Brisbane.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 11:47:34 AM »
......Dear Kevin

Speaking of those bloody seagulls - cant the Stadium employ some eagle/hawk/falcon wranglers to catch and eat a few and chase the rest away. Would make for better viewing than some of the football lately.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:42:58 PM by Septic Bladder »

Dinoweb

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »
......Dear Kevin

Speaking of those bloody seagulls - cant the Stadium employ some eagle/hawk/falcon wranglers to catch and eat a few and chase the rest away. Would make for better viewing tham some the football lately.
Agree entirely. Maybe my eyes are getting old, but couldn't tell half the time which was the ball, and which was a bloody bird!
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

gooseman22

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
......Dear Kevin

Speaking of those bloody seagulls - cant the Stadium employ some eagle/hawk/falcon wranglers to catch and eat a few and chase the rest away. Would make for better viewing tham some the football lately.
Agree entirely. Maybe my eyes are getting old, but couldn't tell half the time which was the ball, and which was a bloody bird!
They actually installed an "anti seagull" something or other a couple of years ago....clearly did a magnificent job

dobo

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »
......Dear Kevin

Did you notice how the comentators kept referring to how many of the Roar players have come from Melbourne?
Hingert, Papadopoulos, newly signed Franjic, Skapetis, Theo, Khalfallah...

They didn't feel the need to mention that only Theo and Kalfallah had actually played for a Melbourne HAL club before Brisbane.

and they definitely didn't mention all the former Brisbane players playing for victory(though a lot of them werent on the park), Bes, Matt acton, Kosta, Doncs, Geria, Ingham,

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205209
  • Total Topics: 8037
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1