Author Topic: Roar have signed Fahid Ben Khalfallah  (Read 2070 times)

Herbielives

Re: Roar have signed Fahid Ben Khalfallah
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 09:20:37 PM »
A-league currently doesn't allow loans between clubs hence why we lose so many talented youngsters.

The sad thing is, we lose them for nothing - ie. club doesn't sell them so we don't make money. McLaren was a good example of this.

Again, you could list the number of young players we have lost - even over the last 3 years and we havent had a financial return on any of them.

Salary caps are obviously being worked around. Can't tell me Victory, WSW and Cahill City  don't have side/under the table deals with players happening. Doing the sums and it just doesn't add up.

dobo

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 09:54:04 AM »
I doubt he'd be cheap. He left victory over money didn't he?.... will he play rw for us?

He's definitely superior to oar. 

I dont know about either of those points. Oar hasn't been fantastic for us but he also hasn't had a clear run at any position, either being shifted around or playing one week and not the next, i think Oar will be good for us next season.

Victory didn't want to trigger FBK's contract extension (as it would have meant he was on the same money as he was when he signed 2 years ago) he is clearly not worth that much anymore and i am sure he has signed with us for a lot less than what he was on. I doubt that after the way Vic treated him (left him out in the cold when he was close to triggering the extension) he would want to sign again for them.

I think he will be the depth bench player for any of the front 3rd LW, RW, AM, Striker

theoworldwide

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
Good points. Hopefully he lights a fire under oar and we see oar step up to the hype around him. Interesting to see if he will alternative with Holman too.

coast

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »
Good points. Hopefully he lights a fire under oar and we see oar step up to the hype around him. Interesting to see if he will alternative with Holman too.

Well are leading the pack on one thing: the League's most underwhelming marquees.

dobo

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »

Well are leading the pack on one thing: the League's most underwhelming marquees.

it is the brisbane way, we have never had "big name" marquees, we sign marquees that suit our play and complement the team. hopefully this is what Holeman and Oar do in the next few seasons

Chico Raul

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »

it is the brisbane way, we have never had "big name" marquees, we sign marquees that suit our play and complement the team. hopefully this is what Holeman and Oar do in the next few seasons
Thomas Broich is widely recognised as the  best ever marquee in the A League. 
Which basically means that to be as good or better, whoever comes next has to be really exceptional or is going to be in Thomas's shadow.
The way I look at it, we have two marquees and now FBK coming in to to fill the void; each bringing some qualities and elements of what Thomas bought, but none is quite up to his illustrious standard.
Maybe one day someone else will come along, but until then, I just think that we have to get used to it.
I have been looking at the MOM response (thanks Roary) and take some hope from the fact that earlier last season Tommy Oar seemed to be getting some recognition on this site for good performances and that Holman started to get some recognition later on. Both had injuries at various times, and Oar in particular did not seem to play as well post injury. Loss of confidence? Did he come back too soon?
Holman took a long time to get going but was showing some promise towards the end.
FBK is probably good for a season, and based on performances against us I think a great acquisition.
But there is really only one Thomas Broich. May the number 22 shirt be forever his.
I think Roar need to take on board some of what Thomas said in his parting words.
i.e. Roar were starting to play great foot ball again. JC is a tremendous talent. But above all, Roar need to regain the fearlessness that Ange instilled. 
Providing the final bits of the puzzle are found. A striker and RW. If we can do that and cut down on the defensive errors, we should do ok.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:59:50 AM by Chico Raul »

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 03:30:44 PM »
I reckon getting a replacement for Matty Mckay is getting urgent. He is the pivot and he is wearing out. Bad games for him last season meant bad games for the team, often resulting in a loss.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204187
  • Total Topics: 7988
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10