Author Topic: Post here if you hate Sydney!  (Read 43455 times)

A.C.A.B

Post here if you hate Sydney!
« on: August 17, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »
Hello all.

I hate Scumney.

Anyone else dislike the Smurfs?

Septic Bladder

Re: Post here if you hate Sydney!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
I don't hate them.

One of my favourite teams to watch.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:49:42 PM by Septic Bladder »

A.C.A.B

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
I don't hate them.

One of my favourite teams top watch.

By posting in this thread, you now hate Sydney.

Welcome.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:49:00 PM by ed_ved »

D1ck

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
I don't hate them.

One of my favourite teams top watch.

You aren't one of my favourite grammatically correct people to read.

Ron Manager

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
Once the game kicks off I'll hate them, but then I hate every team we play during the 90 minutes regardless of who they are.

I can't quite generate that passion about them otherwise though. I don't like them, but I can't bring myself to hate them (GCU are the only team that comes close to that for me in Australia).

dave_saves

• Premiers & Champions 10/11, 13/14; Champions 11/12
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Hate
Most Recent: Brisbane 0 lost to Sydney 3
Roar history (vs FFA Cup/HAL/ACL teams) P: 412 W: 173 D: 102 L: 137 GF: 616 GA: 520
Best: 7-1 Vs. AU (28/10/11), 6-0 Vs Global FC (31/1/17)
Worst: 0-6 Ulsan Hyundai (28/2/17)

Pete

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »
WE HATE SYDNEY
AND WE HATE SYDNEY

WE HATE SYDNEY
AND WE HATE SYDNEY

WE HATE SYDNEY
AND WE HATE SYDNEY

WE ARE THE SYDNEY
HATERS!!!

Top thread once again Josh!
He had found a Nutri-Matic machine which had provided him with a plastic cup filled with a liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

Terroarist

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »
f**k OFF SCUMNEY!
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

A.C.A.B

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »
Once the game kicks off I'll hate them, but then I hate every team we play during the 90 minutes regardless of who they are.

I can't quite generate that passion about them otherwise though. I don't like them, but I can't bring myself to hate them (GCU are the only team that comes close to that for me in Australia).

Wait till you come in contact with a few of their fans, Ron. You'll soon muster up a wee bit of hate for the sky blues.  ;)

Ron Manager

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »

Wait till you come in contact with a few of their fans, Ron. You'll soon muster up a wee bit of hate for the sky blues.  ;)

Oh, I've had a few verbal confrontations the past couple of seasons mate. Don't forget it was me who came up with the "Saw you on the telly at Mardi Gras" chant we were singing at them as they walked past the pub last game of the season  :D

Animal House

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
Here.

I'm not seeing a lot of 'here' in this thread.

Do you gays hate Scumney or not?

roarsome

• Peace...through superior firepower!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
F*CK OFF SYDNEY! Reddy own goal! Roar win 3 - 2!

A.C.A.B

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »

Oh, I've had a few verbal confrontations the past couple of seasons mate. Don't forget it was me who came up with the "Saw you on the telly at Mardi Gras" chant we were singing at them as they walked past the pub last game of the season  :D

That was a bloody cracking post-match that day. It was like we'd all just forgotten about the horror show that was our season, that preceded that match.

That's football though, I guess.

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

Ron Manager

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

That was a bloody cracking post-match that day. It was like we'd all just forgotten about the horror show that was our season, that preceded that match.

That's football though, I guess.

I don't like being one of those ex-pat Poms who's constantly making comparisons with football 'back home'. It's very different going to games here and in many ways it's better in Oz (sitting outside Bohemia having a pre match pint in the lovely sunshine sure beats some scummy pub in a god foresaken town in the North of England for example).

However the atmosphere after that match was the most like being part of a football crowd in England as I've experienced here in Australia. We really 'celebrated' that win - we sang songs, had a laugh, got royally pissed...as one, just as Roar fans and not part of the OA, CSC, NE or whoever.

I have no idea how I got home that night and quite frankly I don't care, and that was for one home win at the end of a season where we finished second from bottom. That alone restored a lot of my faith in what this club could become after a shocking year.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »
Bring on game day!! Here's hoping we batter them from pillar to post!
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Animal House

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
I don't see the hate... :P

You could if you remove it from its moorings with drunk rage and beat a smurf with it.......  ;)

A.C.A.B

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
I don't like being one of those ex-pat Poms who's constantly making comparisons with football 'back home'. It's very different going to games here and in many ways it's better in Oz (sitting outside Bohemia having a pre match pint in the lovely sunshine sure beats some scummy pub in a god foresaken town in the North of England for example).

However the atmosphere after that match was the most like being part of a football crowd in England as I've experienced here in Australia. We really 'celebrated' that win - we sang songs, had a laugh, got royally pissed...as one, just as Roar fans and not part of the OA, CSC, NE or whoever.

I have no idea how I got home that night and quite frankly I don't care, and that was for one home win at the end of a season where we finished second from bottom. That alone restored a lot of my faith in what this club could become after a shocking year.

The main thing is you got home.  ;D

Yeah, good post, it certainly was a great day at the football. Lets hope for something similar this weekend. Hopefully being a Saturday night game the smurfs will bring a few more away. Their turnout for the last couple of aways has been shocking.

fergiebrisvegas

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »
"Viewing Roar at the moment is like slowing down to look at a car  crash. You know you shouldn't be driven by morbid curiosity, but you just can't help yourself" SBS False 9 article 10.11.14

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205787
  • Total Topics: 8076
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2