Author Topic: Perth pinch point off Roar  (Read 2099 times)

Terroarist

Perth pinch point off Roar
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »
Jamie Harnwell scores late equaliser in Perth Glory's 1-1 draw with Brisbane

By staff writers
    December 06, 2009

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26449338-5000940,00.html

Substitute Jamie Harnwell struck a late goal for Perth Glory to grab the home side a point in their A-League clash with Brisbane Roar at ME Bank Stadium.

The draw means the Glory have won just once in seven matches, but they remain in fifth position, while the Roar remain eighth two points behind sixth-placed Newcastle Jets.

The Roar came into the game without Charlie Miller, who left the club when told he couldn't be guaranteed a game next season.

Danny Tiatto, Reinaldo, Matt McKay and Ivan Franjic were also out injured but the Roar still scored first through Luke DeVere in the 52nd minute.

The Glory hit back when returning veteran Harnwell got on the end of a good build-up to score in his first game back from a knee injury suffered in round seven.

The final 15 minutes saw Perth continue to attack and Todd Howarth hit a cracker of a strike, but it was well saved by Griffin McMaster and the draw was the result.

Early on, Brisbane's returning attacker Henrique did put the ball in the net in the 10th minute but he was ruled offside by referee Strebre Delovski.

After that it was all the Glory with the best chance coming in the 17th minute when Naum Sekulovski sent in a dangerous cross that Branko Jelic got on the end of and his header hit the crossbar.

Jelic got off another good shot that was tipped over the bar by McMaster as well and Perth continued to attack, but the final ball in the box was letting the home side down.

Perth not taking their chances came back to haunt them when the Roar scored seven minutes into the second half.

Adam Sarota took the corner and after a header from Josh McCloughan, DeVere swooped and put it straight by Glory 'keeper Tando Velaphi.

The Roar appeared happy with the 1-0 lead and tried plenty of stalling tactics, but that backfired in the 78th minute when Howarth crossed the ball in for the Glory and Harnwell swooped on the loss ball to slip it under the keeper to secure the draw.

The Glory travel to Townsville to play North Queensland Fury on Friday night while Brisbane host Adelaide United on Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:51:57 AM by Roar_Fan »
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Re: Perth pinch point off Roar
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Roar really should have held on to win the match but IMO didn't deserve to get a thing out of it either. Serg Van Dijk play decent but could have done better and IMO Perth were trying to hack away at our players because all of our substitutions were made because of injuries and we still had Serg running around injured and Zullo with an egg on the face from an elbow from Burns. Also anyone notice that the linesman didn't know what an offside was?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dave_saves

• Premiers & Champions 10/11, 13/14; Champions 11/12
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »
We were horrible all match!  Ange went there with the idea to take a point home and we got it, but we probably shouldn't have.

Dodd, Sarota, DeVere and Clogs all standouts.  Van Dijk looked a tad sluggish.  Zullo was stoked to be back out there and his yellow card, while justified, probably saved a point for us in the end.
Most Recent: Brisbane 2 (Holman, McKay) dft Central Coast 1
Roar history (vs FFA Cup/HAL/ACL teams) P: 416 W: 175 D: 102 L: 139 GF: 623 GA: 527
Best: 7-1 Vs. AU (28/10/11), 6-0 Vs Global FC (31/1/17)
Worst: 0-6 Ulsan Hyundai (28/2/17)

Benny

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
We dropped 2 points yesterday. At least we lost them fair and square.

Not like the Reddy Vs Coyne incident  , the Nichol shot never crossed the goal line incident and the Moore NEARLY hit me in the face incident against Melbourne.

F**king bullshit ,all three
Strikers score goals but defenders  win matches.

Terroarist

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
Van Dijk looked a tad sluggish. 
For a team that was supposedly unfit when Ange adopted them.. they sure are looking a lot less fit now than under Farina..

Whats going on with Postonoclue? really.. hes alienating our better players.. putting on woeful performances against teams like Adelaide and Perth.. For 3/4 the game players look like they have NO idea what they're supposed to be doing... It's fucking terrible.

** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

dave_saves

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
I say sack McKay, Murdocca, Zullo, Van Dijk, Moore, Henrique and Oar.  Then work out how to clone Dodd and play 11 Dodd's with a bench of Dodd .... and McMaster.
Roar history (vs FFA Cup/HAL/ACL teams) P: 416 W: 175 D: 102 L: 139 GF: 623 GA: 527

Terroarist

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
I say sack McKay, Murdocca, Zullo, Van Dijk, Moore, Henrique and Oar.  Then work out how to clone Dodd and play 11 Dodd's with a bench of Dodd .... and McMaster.
I'll be suprised if anyone in that list will be here next season...

dave_saves

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »
I'll be suprised if anyone in that list will be here next season...

Even Dodd?  He's surely guaranteed a place!!

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
I was happy with the point in the end.. We got dominated for the most part and it seems we still have some work to do to work on our combinations and playing 5 players through midfield..
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Animal House

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
We were terrible all game. especially the 2nd half. to get a point out of that game is a fantastic (if undeserved) result.

was a great game if for no other reason that Josh and myself got to celebrate 2 goals... to the ire of the entire rest of the crowd :D

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206077
  • Total Topics: 8096
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12