Author Topic: Shooting the Shit.. (Random stuff)  (Read 164679 times)

miron mercedes

Re: Shooting the Shit.. (Random stuff)
« Reply #1660 on: July 05, 2015, 04:40:10 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33225555

Partick Thistle unveil 'terrifying' new mascot Kingsley

Partick Thistle's new mascot Kingsley - designed by Turner Prize-nominated artist David Shrigley - has caused a social media storm on its home debut.

The yellow character was paraded at Firhill Stadium as part of a new deal with US investment firm, Kingsford Capital, thought to be worth ?200,000.

The mascot's quirky look soon saw thousands of comments and memes appear on social media sites around the world.

While some backed Kingsley others admitted to finding it "terrifying".

Stuart Drummond, who was the Hartlepool mascot, H'Angus the Monkey, and once even the town's mayor. told BBC Newsbeat Kingsley will bring shame on the good name of mascots

Kingsley was unveiled as a new mascot to mark Partick Thistle's new sponsorship deal with California-based firm, Kingsford Capital.

The deal, for a minimum of two years, will see the Kingsford brand on the Jags' strips and Firhill Stadium.

Glasgow-based artist Shrigley, a Thistle fan, had introduced the club to Kingsford Capital's manager, Mike Wilkins.

Mr Wilkins, who has been described as an art aficionado, and Mr Shrigley, first met several years ago over dinner in San Francisco.

A formal sponsorship deal was established thought to be worth ?200,000 over two years, meaning Kingsford's Shrigley-designed logo will now feature on the front of Thistle's home and away strips for at least the next two seasons.

possibly the worst mascot idea ever....what were they thinking ?
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Septic Bladder

« Reply #1661 on: July 05, 2015, 07:25:41 PM »
I wonder what of sound it makes?

JackHammer

• Subscribed
  • A-League Season 1 to the present!
« Reply #1662 on: July 06, 2015, 12:37:11 PM »
I wonder what of sound it makes?

It won't be a bang - duds kind of hiss a bit then fizzle out at best.

Perhaps they rely upon the sound of terrified toddlers screaming to create the noise.

PS: Love the spelling correction in the logo (or whatever the f**k it is). Perhaps Kingsley's sister mascot had big tits and they were going for "Down to Bustiness" and didn't want to give anything away? Perhaps Kingsford has an upcoming marketing plan around the theme "Kingsford: Where eckonomics matters more than edukayshon"?
"the natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score." - Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch

#SomosTodosMacacos ("We are all monkeys" - nice work Dani Alves)

Boozey

• Here for the football not the bullshit.
« Reply #1663 on: October 01, 2015, 10:10:04 PM »
This is brilliant, don't think i could have pulled it off cause i would have been pissing myself laughing by the end of it. Click the link for the actual audio.

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/shit-stirrer-prank-calls-two-blokes-at-once-both-g/92193f17-c114-40ec-a66b-41bb93ca1bbd.htm

An unknown Aussie bloke - who's larrikin game is strong - pulled off an elaborate prank call, where he used two different phones (set to private) to call two different people, and held them next to each other so that each person thought the other had made the call.

It was posted to Reddit with the title 'Two phones, both on private, two calls made, couldn't have gone any better', which pretty much sums it up.

Please enjoy what is basically a loop of two dudes going "no YOU fucken' called me, ya' dickhead" before rage quitting the call.

Roar 36

« Reply #1664 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »
Gunners 3 MU 0. Obviously no JT involved!. Congrats to the Cowboys, next year Broncos.  Sorry to post this but shit I'm so happy the Gunners won!

Roar 36

« Reply #1665 on: October 18, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »
If you want to see a goal keeping howler, just check out Brisbane Roar's second goal against Canberra. And that by the Matilda's No.1 goalie. Current Score Roar 2 Canberra 0. (W-League).

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
« Reply #1666 on: October 18, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »
If you want to see a goal keeping howler, just check out Brisbane Roar's second goal against Canberra. And that by the Matilda's No.1 goalie. Current Score Roar 2 Canberra 0. (W-League).

Agreed. No pressure on the goal until she catches it...... then fumbles it.... into her own goal. FWIW, she is far better than that and showed why in the second half to deny us a third through Gielnik
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #1667 on: November 18, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
Jimmy Fallon and Metallica performing Enter Sandman using classroom instruments

https://youtu.be/GXJifYl_byU
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

« Reply #1668 on: December 23, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
The female kangaroo has a pouch. The male kangaroo doesn't. So the male kangaroo has pouch envy. "Why don't i get a pouch? I've got things to carry too. At least give me a pocket".

The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles.

Dinoweb

« Reply #1669 on: December 23, 2016, 06:32:16 PM »
What do you get when you mix an A Capella group, a current Broadway hit, and a famous Christmas song?

Hamildolph!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7sm49fHlyI
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Finsta

« Reply #1670 on: April 27, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

medley

« Reply #1671 on: April 29, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »
Calls are mounting ahead of the 67th FIFA Congress for the world football governing body to expel Israeli football clubs based in illegal Israeli settlements.

https://bdsmovement.net/news/fifa-urged-organizations-representing-millions-expel-israeli-clubs-settlements

theoworldwide

« Reply #1672 on: April 29, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »
I don't know why people both with anti semitism ..... the jews clearly do not gaf.

medley

« Reply #1673 on: April 29, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
I don't know why people both with anti semitism ..... the jews clearly do not gaf.

This has Nothing to do with anti Semitism at all, that's what Israel would lead people to think. Its their go to card.
This is to do with human rights and the fact that FIFA are selective in their own rules.
Israel's football teams should come from Israel not internationally recognised, illegally occupied land where the legal inhabitants are poorly treated.

Finsta

« Reply #1674 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »
RIP Chris Cornell

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205202
  • Total Topics: 8037