Author Topic: Lean On Me ???  (Read 30359 times)

Re: Lean On Me ???
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2015, 04:10:16 PM »
West Ham's "Bubbles" became popular because of song rotation. The local band used to play a bunch of songs pre-match, and bubbles became the crowd favourite. Does anyone call Hammers singing bubbles plastic?

Nothing plastic or pathetic about giving things a whirl. So many old bastards on here scared of change.

That's not true though, is it? I thought it had some connection to some soap commercial? Not the song, but the reason it started.

Not quite either,
The song is nearly 100 years old and started as a joke because one of the west ham players looked like the little boy in the poster of the pears soap advert.

And there I was thinking the song referred to Michael Jackson and his pet chimp..."I'm forever blowing Bubbles!!"

The female kangaroo has a pouch. The male kangaroo doesn't. So the male kangaroo has pouch envy. "Why don't i get a pouch? I've got things to carry too. At least give me a pocket".

The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLRyuarDwg

With a few judicious word changes would be perfect.

Dinoweb

« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »
Well after 7 pages and 4 years of posts on this thread, it's obvious that this forum will never have any effect on the club ever getting a song.

As such let me throw another song into the mix, "That's Life".

I can already imagine the entire stadium singing this, though I'm fairly confident my imagination is as far as it will ever go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

JackHammer

• Subscribed
  • A-League Season 1 to the present!
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
If I somehow liken the discussion of a song in this thread to some analogy related to Hitler and the Nazis, will this thread be over?

I honestly can't believe that this is still a discussion. FFS. How can this be that hard?

In honour of this thread, I propose that the Roar song be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ

If you don't know the lyrics, they are pretty easy... maybe they could be put up on the screen so that everyone can sing along.

See the lyrics here: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Song_That_Never_Ends/lyrics

"the natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score." - Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch

#SomosTodosMacacos ("We are all monkeys" - nice work Dani Alves)

Harry H

« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »
If I somehow liken the discussion of a song in this thread to some analogy related to Hitler and the Nazis, will this thread be over?

I honestly can't believe that this is still a discussion. FFS. How can this be that hard?

In honour of this thread, I propose that the Roar song be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ

If you don't know the lyrics, they are pretty easy... maybe they could be put up on the screen so that everyone can sing along.

See the lyrics here: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Song_That_Never_Ends/lyrics

THis is Fucken PERFECT. This is the sort of song that legends are made.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
This whole debate is huge embarrassment for football in this city.

Most other clubs have their shit in order or doing something positive to develop a song.

Recently stumbled over the 2GB/4BC A League show on Sunday mornings and they were debating this issue.

They were promoting the search for a song to be played at the Sydney Derby next week.

Now that is what I call the club owners getting involved, promoting and developing the idea - for free (any secret envelopes under the table notwithstanding).

I see this saga just going on and on and on and on and on and on ad infinitum.

I reckon if there are 300 members in the Den, that there would be 400 song suggestions.

pablo

« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »
This whole debate is huge embarrassment for football in this city.

Most other clubs have their shit in order or doing something positive to develop a song.

Recently stumbled over the 2GB/4BC A League show on Sunday mornings and they were debating this issue.

They were promoting the search for a song to be played at the Sydney Derby next week.

Now that is what I call the club owners getting involved, promoting and developing the idea - for free (any secret envelopes under the table notwithstanding).

I reckon if there are 300 members in the Den, that there would be 400 song suggestions.

No one turning up to games would be a huge embarrassment for football in this city ... not having a club song is far from that.  But you do speak some truth ...

nidzo320

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
I stand by Rains of Castamere as #1. I also like "Pick You Up" suggestion by Terroarist.

But we've had countless song suggestion threads and still no motion to actually organize one so this is all just fun speculation for me. Maybe we don't need one though? MV wish so badly that they were like Liverpool or another cult club from England that it's cringe-worthy.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
I have the perfect song for this club, the tune for which is universally known:

Who's the leader of the League
That's made for you and me
B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R
Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
You're as welcome as can be
B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R

BRISBANE ROAR

BRISBANE ROAR

Forever let us hold our banner
High! High! High! High!

Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree!
B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R

Brisbane Roar club
We'll have fun
We'll be new faces
High! High! High! High!

We'll do things and
We'll go places
All around the world
We'll go marching

Who's the leader of the League
That's made for you and me
 B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R
Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
You're as welcome as can be
B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R

BRISBANE ROAR

BRISBANE ROAR

Forever let us hold our banner
High! High! High! High!

Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree!
B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E  R-O-A-R

JackHammer

• Subscribed
  • A-League Season 1 to the present!
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »

It's the debate that never ends,
It goes on and on my friends.
Some people started debating it, not knowing what it was,
and they'll continue debating it forever just because...

ad ininfinitim
"the natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score." - Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch

#SomosTodosMacacos ("We are all monkeys" - nice work Dani Alves)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2015, 07:02:10 AM »
You could also try "Burn Your Name" by Powderfinger. Some parts would fit for the club at the moment and some others too. Not too slow, not too quick and is fairly simplistic in course so would be easy enough to catch on for people not up on the lyrics or band

Great choice Roary....I just youtubed it. Would be fantastic sung by 5 or 6 thousand fans . Also a Brisbane band . Very apt. The more I watch it, the more I get goose bumps thinking of the anthem it could be for us.
It would need to be played before games to let the crowd get used to it and know it. (and for all those "fake" Liverpool fans ...yes {a poxy song for a poxy team from poxy engerland} is actually played over the loudspeakers at Anfield... even now ! )

SFLR - Cheers. Not really a a Powderfinger fan, but the lyrics are are transferable. Being a Brisbane band, as said, is fitting and is generally helpful in getting a local connection. That, and it's upbeat and isn't "soppy" and depressing
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

aussieshorter

• Ladder Tipping
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:40 AM »
You could also try "Burn Your Name" by Powderfinger. Some parts would fit for the club at the moment and some others too. Not too slow, not too quick and is fairly simplistic in course so would be easy enough to catch on for people not up on the lyrics or band

Great choice Roary....I just youtubed it. Would be fantastic sung by 5 or 6 thousand fans . Also a Brisbane band . Very apt. The more I watch it, the more I get goose bumps thinking of the anthem it could be for us.
It would need to be played before games to let the crowd get used to it and know it. (and for all those "fake" Liverpool fans ...yes {a poxy song for a poxy team from poxy engerland} is actually played over the loudspeakers at Anfield... even now ! )

SFLR - Cheers. Not really a a Powderfinger fan, but the lyrics are are transferable. Being a Brisbane band, as said, is fitting and is generally helpful in getting a local connection. That, and it's upbeat and isn't "soppy" and depressing

Not bad.  Lyrics are quite simple as well, so easy to learn.

POWDERFINGER LYRICS

"Burn Your Name"

I was stumbling right by
 Like a wreck I came to you
 So I staggered through the night
 Seeking out your rescue blues
 Gonna burn your name right across the sky
 So I never forget what the feeling's like

I want every single soul to know
 That I love you for what you are
 So I sound the bells that praise your precious heart

So tomorrow will arrive
 In a burst o' broken light
 And a spell will hold us back
 Shattering like glass

Burn your name right across the sky

Gonna burn your name
 Gonna burn your name
The Future of Australian Football - http://thepeckingorder.com.au/tpovision/

Terroarist

« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »

Not bad.  Lyrics are quite simple as well, so easy to learn.

POWDERFINGER LYRICS

"Burn Your Name"

I was stumbling right by
 Like a wreck I came to you
 So I staggered through the night
 Seeking out your rescue blues

So tomorrow will arrive
 In a burst o' broken light
 And a spell will hold us back
 Shattering like glass

Gonna burn your name
 Gonna burn your name

The more i listen to it, the more i like it.. kinda like the roar logo...

Of all the suggestions in relation to Brisbane band songs, this ones probably the best.
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »
what about Fort Minor - Remember the name. that song was popular with some members in 2011 after the floods....

dbeatts

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2016, 12:26:25 AM »
Created an account just to spruik this...

HOW THE HELL HAS THE CLUB NOT CHOSEN "MY HAPPINESS" BY POWDERFINGER AS THEIR THEME SONG YET??

Every single bloody lyric in that song is relevant to football fan devotion towards a team "my happiness is slowly creeping back now you're at HOME...", "I hope that time hasn't changed you..." "waiting for a knock coming way too late..." - (SEND HIM OFF REF!)

"Lean on me" is a good song, but it just doesn't have that Brissy vibe to it, that rough edge, you know what I mean? Also, it's hard for Aussies to sing...more suited to the soulful parts of America.

Powderfinger are from Brisbane and everyone in the country knows "My Happiness". It's a song with an emotive build-up, the chorus packs a punch and those iconic twangs throughout the song are instantly recognisable - it's the cue for everyone to stand up and raise their scarfs.

Get the club to at least give "my happiness" a trial for one or two games. We need this soon! I don't know about you guys but hearing Fall-out Boy play as our lads walk out makes me hang my head in shame.

suspectandy

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2016, 07:46:28 AM »

HOW THE HELL HAS THE CLUB NOT CHOSEN "MY HAPPINESS" BY POWDERFINGER AS THEIR THEME SONG YET??

Every single bloody lyric in that song is relevant to football fan devotion towards a team "my happiness is slowly creeping back now you're at HOME...", "I hope that time hasn't changed you..." "waiting for a knock coming way too late..." - (SEND HIM OFF REF!)

"Lean on me" is a good song, but it just doesn't have that Brissy vibe to it, that rough edge, you know what I mean? Also, it's hard for Aussies to sing...more suited to the soulful parts of America.

Powderfinger are from Brisbane and everyone in the country knows "My Happiness". It's a song with an emotive build-up, the chorus packs a punch and those iconic twangs throughout the song are instantly recognisable - it's the cue for everyone to stand up and raise their scarfs.

Get the club to at least give "my happiness" a trial for one or two games. We need this soon! I don't know about you guys but hearing Fall-out Boy play as our lads walk out makes me hang my head in shame.
Agree.

Terroarist

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »
Disagree
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

roarsome

• Peace...through superior firepower!
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2016, 08:20:01 AM »

I was banging on a bout this awhile ago. It's the perfect song for us really, for all the reasons outlined. Absolutely need to f**k off Fall Out Boy regardless.

dbeatts

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »

Terroarist

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »

Disagree

Reasons?
It's a depressing song.

I nominate 'don't worry, be happy'

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205853
  • Total Topics: 8080
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 37
Total: 39