Author Topic: National Premier Leagues (State Football)  (Read 41847 times)

fulltilt

Re: National Premier Leagues (State Football)
« Reply #420 on: December 31, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
many of the younger players making this move are doing it to try to break into an A league side.  Brisbane unfortunately has historically proven difficult to provide this opportunity for whatever reason and Victorian NPLclubs are actively approaching ambitious Queensland players.  Many fringe Roar players take this path rather than stay in QLD and it is not becuase they disresepct the QLD competition - it is purely because the A league clubs seem to forage in the southern competitions rather than the Qld NPL.
Chalmers had 3 seasons at Roar NYLb ut reality is that Roar or anyother A league club won't sign 3 first team keepers and at 20 was considered too old for another round in the NYL competition.

There seems to be a higher success rate in being picked up by an A league club as a player from the VIC NPL than it seems from QLD's NPL.  It's not about the money at that age  - average VIC NPL deals are around $600 a win and $450 draw and loss - it's about getting an A league opportunity.

Many of the boys bunk up in shared accommodation to defary living costs and then seek out paid work at businesses owned by club patrons.

In Brisbane we only have one A league team and other A league teams outside of QLD don't farm our NPL they actually take directly from Roar.

To be frank I think the talent drain will become even larger in the next few years.

There was a list floating around of players that had moved south in the last few years and from memory there we at last a dozen in the 19-24 year old bracket.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2016, 04:50:00 PM »
At the end of the day we only have a limited of full time positions open and as I see it there's only a couple of positions at the moment where a Youth player may be a better option than who is already taking up a squad possie (eg. Polenz).
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

fulltilt

« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2016, 05:33:41 AM »
Just saw that Jai Ingham got picked up by Victory through NPL club Hume. Also looks like Kofi Danning has signed with Hume as well.

Finsta

« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
A good point that Mike Mulvey made a few years ago at a Roar Fan Forum.

He stated that there are plenty of youngsters around with potential BUT they are not ready for full time professional football. To help counter that it was important to invite in youngsters earlier to train with the main team and get them acclimatised. On limited budgets this is a tricky situation however and therefore you can only select a limited few to bring into the fold.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Harry H

« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2016, 12:14:09 PM »
Yeah this is why the BRFC have the un18's NPL team. They are preparing players from the age's of 15,16.
From the un 18's to the Aleague a seamless transition in terms of tactics and physical preparation.

Last season was the first time that the Roar have had young players 15-16, playing in the 18's NPL and successfully transitioned some players to the  NPL mens and onto the NYL team currently. So i think that they are on the right track. I'd be expecting them to be able to develop players to come into the Aleague team in the near future.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
« Reply #425 on: January 05, 2016, 08:38:31 PM »
Just saw that Jai Ingham got picked up by Victory through NPL club Hume. Also looks like Kofi Danning has signed with Hume as well.

Good luck to him, but IMO, shouldn't have been let go. Had a lot more potential for me than Brady seems to
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #426 on: March 02, 2016, 05:47:55 AM »
Well, first week of the new NPL season is over, including a first ever win by South West QLD Thunder. Results and TOTW below

Gold Coast City (formerly Palm Beach Sharks) 1-2 Redlands United
South West QLD Thunder 2-1 Norther Fury
Brisbane Roar Yth 1-1 Brisbane Strikers
Brisbane City 1-3 Moreton Bay United
Western Pride 1-1 Sunshine Coast Fire
Olympic FC 1-3 Far North QLD Heat

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&c=0-9385-0-389786-0&pool=1&round=1

TOTW:

King of them All!

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2016, 06:05:50 PM »
I'm thinking of going to the strikers roar game at perry park saturday night, does anyone know of ticket prices????

priyank

« Reply #428 on: May 25, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »
I'm thinking of going to the strikers roar game at perry park saturday night, does anyone know of ticket prices????

wouldn't be more than 5$ I think...

ein rebell....

FireBlades19

« Reply #429 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »

thats what i was thinking but there is no information on either site.... strikers or npl

priyank

« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »

thats what i was thinking but there is no information on either site.... strikers or npl

I don't think they/clubs have to charge for it... some games I have been to are free, some I have had to pay... there was 5$ ticket at spencer park vs strikers last week, but city didn't charge anything when we played them few weeks back...

all our home games are definitely free though...

ein rebell....

FireBlades19

« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2016, 09:30:11 AM »

I don't think they/clubs have to charge for it... some games I have been to are free, some I have had to pay... there was 5$ ticket at spencer park vs strikers last week, but city didn't charge anything when we played them few weeks back...

all our home games are definitely free though...

most victorian npl clubs charge up to $15 if what i read last night was correct....

theoworldwide

« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »
$5 is a fair price. It supports the team but isn't profiteering.

Has anyone gone along to npl as lately? How do you rate the experience? I'd like to watch a few roar games

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2016, 12:58:18 PM »

Has anyone gone along to npl as lately? How do you rate the experience? I'd like to watch a few roar games

It's always nice to check out a local game. In the case of places like Olympic & City, you have the benefits of good food (reflecting the original ethnic base). Beyond that, watch local games and throw some money over the bar/food stalls in the clubhouse. Keep the $$$$ local ;)

Devious

« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »

I attended the SWQ Thunder a couple of weeks back. Good local football, and some players are pretty skillful (some not, too). I have friends here in Toowoomba that will drive up to watch Olympic play, just for the food at the games. I like that grassroots culture aspect of it.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2016, 03:55:44 AM »
I'm at most SC Fire games, both home and away. General rule for Strikers games is $5 Adult, Concession $2 and Children free. As for the Brisbane City/Strikers game ticket prices, I'm fairly sure it was an FFA Cup game. AFAIK, all Brisbane City home games are free because they make most/all their money off the clubhouse food. Never had to pay at a City home game
King of them All!

theoworldwide

« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2016, 08:30:43 AM »
Thanks for info. Looking forward to catching a few games. Exciting times ahead for the local game.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »
No worries :) . Interesting to note, the wheels are coming off FNQ Heat's season. Won pretty much all of their opening games, but have now lost 3 of their last 5 games. Still in first, but the gap they had has since vanished. 1 point above Strikers and Redlands now, although the latter has a game in hand
King of them All!

Finsta

« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
Football Qld currently holding press conference on Facebook. Looking to expand the NPL into NPL/QPL(2nd div).. 28 teams to be included.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Finsta

« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
2018 NPL - 14 teams

Brisbane City
Western Pride
SW Thunder
Olympic
Redlands
Mackay/Whitsundays Magpies Crusaders United
Moreton Bay
Roar NYL
GC City
FNQ Heat
Qld Lions
Sunshine Coast
Fury
Strikers

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049