Author Topic: The lets go draw thread!! The Non-Roar A-League games thread. #2  (Read 22052 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Lets go City
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 11:05:38 PM »
Cheap hotels and flights from Brisbane to Adelaide, how will I go about finding them in a rush come Sunday night?

Additionally, google says Adelaide airport is 17mins from Adelaide oval - could almost commute and skip accom fees?

pablo

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »
Well if we do make it, the price of flights is going to be a killer if webjet is anything to go by

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
Re: The lets go draw thread!! The Non-Roar A-League games thread. #2
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 11:53:05 PM »
So, after tonight's game, irrespective of what happens in the final 2 games, we are assured (at worst) of a playoff spot in the 2017 ACL..... for now. Unless the FFA Cup winners this season finally get acknowledgment..... in which case, there's a high chance of 'get fucked'. To be honest though, finishing 3rd AND losing a semi would hardly be worth ANY reward to be fair.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!

TenaciousAC

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
FWIW, FFA have confirmed the GF will be at Adelaide Oval - http://www.a-league.com.au/article/adelaide-oval-to-host-hyundai-a-league-2016-grand-final/1hjlgre8xm53k1c85pmjhumsbw

To note how big this is for the city of Adelaide, they've only hosted 2 Grand Finals previously. Both in the NSL days.

1994-95 - Melbourne Knights dft Adelaide 2-0 at Hindmarsh Stadium
1986 - Adelaide City hosted the first leg of the Grand Final series against Sydney Olympic at Hindmarsh Stadium. (And Adelaide lost that 'home Grand Final' leg 1-0 as well....... so Adelaide teams are 0-2 in hosted Grand Final games.)

Think of how big the first Grand Final hosting was for us.

Now transfer that balls-out excitement to Adelaide.

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2016, 02:10:23 AM »
FWIW, FFA have confirmed the GF will be at Adelaide Oval - http://www.a-league.com.au/article/adelaide-oval-to-host-hyundai-a-league-2016-grand-final/1hjlgre8xm53k1c85pmjhumsbw

To note how big this is for the city of Adelaide, they've only hosted 2 Grand Finals previously. Both in the NSL days.

1986 - Adelaide City hosted the first leg of the Grand Final series against Sydney Olympic at Hindmarsh Stadium. (And Adelaide lost that 'home Grand Final' leg 1-0 as well....... so Adelaide teams are 0-2 in hosted Grand Final games.)

balls? what balls? i lived there for 2 years and all they did was choke on the krispy kreme donuts...

A.C.A.B

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
Is it at the Adeliade Oval?

Yep. What a horrible venue for football.

blame the FFA. they want every dollar

Ill do my best to get to the GF if we get through... but i bloody hate watching football games at football and cricket OVALS..

Ruins the viewing experience, and after seeing how the pitch was for a Socceroos game, i'd hate to see it now the AFL has started....

Since when does the view of the game matter when it comes to supporting your club?

Fixer

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2016, 07:50:02 AM »
Best I can find is $521
Leaves Brisbane Sat at 1-30pm
Leaves Adelaide mon at 6-15 am

Fixer

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »
So, after tonight's game, irrespective of what happens in the final 2 games, we are assured (at worst) of a playoff spot in the 2017 ACL..... for now. Unless the FFA Cup winners this season finally get acknowledgment..... in which case, there's a high chance of 'get fucked'. To be honest though, finishing 3rd AND losing a semi would hardly be worth ANY reward to be fair.

So if we beat WSW do we get a ACL spot or do we have to win GF also?

TenaciousAC

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:39 AM »

So if we beat WSW do we get a ACL spot or do we have to win GF also?

Under the current system,

We'd have to win the Grand Final to get a 2017 ACL Group Stage spot. Anything less, and it's hosting the playoff on 7 Feb 2017...... UNLESS the FFA does something with the 2016 FFA Cup and ACL qualification.

Fixer

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2016, 09:51:11 AM »
Thanks  :)

BrynFC

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »
Is it at the Adeliade Oval?

Yep. What a horrible venue for football.

blame the FFA. they want every dollar

Ill do my best to get to the GF if we get through... but i bloody hate watching football games at football and cricket OVALS..

Ruins the viewing experience, and after seeing how the pitch was for a Socceroos game, i'd hate to see it now the AFL has started....

Since when does the view of the game matter when it comes to supporting your club?

I can support my club in many ways, i don't have to go those or away matches to support my team... if you have a foxtel subscription, to watch A League you are effectively supporting them with the TV money.

I have my season membership so i can watch the games at suncorp on the half way line...

As a supporter, i want to "watch" the game... I'm not a supporter that just wants to be a supporter to make me feel good.

You have supporters that spend the whole game drunk and hardly recall the game, yet they are a supporter as well.

Sitting 60mtrs from the halfway line isn't fun if you want to watch the game..

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2016, 01:00:51 AM »
Merged the Let's Go City topic with this. M2C was looking for it but couldn't find it, so it's here now
King of them All!

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »

A good omen at least, should be make it. Will also be the first GF that we've been in and haven't hosted
King of them All!

mellod

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2016, 05:04:09 PM »
Holy crap this Adelaide squad is good. I sincerely hope that we are using more than 2 visa players next season. So many other teams are hugely lifted by their imports, yet we had 3 that aren't worth putting in the match day squad. Really hope we can ditch Polenz as I imagine he would be on good money. Really hope JA has some connections to exploit this off season. If we could get an Isaias and a Cirio we would be so much more dangerous.

David Dodd

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
Adelaide will go on to win this game, because they are not Brisbane and will not f**k up a golden lead in a big game.

Leftbackwing

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
Ahhhhhh Butters, hated Australia wide....

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2016, 08:08:59 PM »
Well done Adelaide.. A few hairy moments here or there but in reality the better team won and that defence of theirs is rock solid.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Bandi

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2016, 09:15:07 PM »
It's moments like that when you can be Happen Nichols didn't get suspended just so he had to go through it.   Well done Adelaide.

TenaciousAC

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:41 AM »
So, very little said this morning, but BOTH A-League teams making the R16 at Asian Champions League for the first time - massive effort.

Sydney FC get Shandong Luneng (who knocked out Adelaide in the play-off)
Melbourne Victory will find out their opponent later on tonight. It will be either Jeonbuk (9pts) or Jiangsu (8pts). Winner plays Melbourne. If it's a draw, Jeonbuk gets the assignment.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206077
  • Total Topics: 8096
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 10
Total: 11