Author Topic: Brisbane in danger of losing WC Qualifier to Canberra  (Read 5142 times)

miron mercedes

Re: Brisbane in danger of losing WC Qualifier to Canberra
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
 :P
I've been there a few times and the sound is OK to me. In saying that I've been up close to the stage so that might be better than being in thy noise bleed section.
I was in nosebleeds for Coldplay last time they played at Suncorp and the sound was fine IMO.

Ok I concede defeat.....but I can't see how a cavernous open air stadium could have the accoustics of a closed in accoustically purpose built arena like the Entertainment Centre.....then again, maybe you two are tone deaf .....or just easily pleased . :P
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
I've been there a few times and the sound is OK to me. In saying that I've been up close to the stage so that might be better than being in thy noise bleed section.
I was in nosebleeds for Coldplay last time they played at Suncorp and the sound was fine IMO.

Ok I concede defeat.....but I can't see how a cavernous open air stadium could have the accoustics of a closed in accoustically purpose built arena like the Entertainment Centre.....then again, maybe you two are tone deaf .....or just easily pleased . :P

In a stadium environment, it's not really 'acoustics' but a straight up wall of sound. From the nosebleeds, I think the idea is to get a large sound from the stage itself, and then secondary noise filtering in from the speakers dotted around the upper tiers. There's a sweet science to stadium sound design.

miron mercedes

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »

In a stadium environment, it's not really 'acoustics' but a straight up wall of sound. From the nosebleeds, I think the idea is to get a large sound from the stage itself, and then secondary noise filtering in from the speakers dotted around the upper tiers. There's a sweet science to stadium sound design.

maybe the concert goers should be trying to get us stopped from playing football at their concert stadium....

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
I think it also depends on the quality of the show that is being put on. Coldplay were very interactive with their show and their stage almost took up the whole width of one end of the stadium.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

miron mercedes

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
I think it also depends on the quality of the show that is being put on. Coldplay were very interactive with their show and their stage almost took up the whole width of one end of the stadium.

boy ..you can tell its offseason when Coldplay is the subject of discussion on two different threads

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »

boy ..you can tell its offseason when Coldplay is the subject of discussion on two different threads
lol yes!  Now where's my bloody thread derailment image! haha
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 12:21:26 AM »

My brother went to the NRL All Stars game there a couple of months back, was at Milton end of the stadium on the second tier I think. During the Jessica Mauboy performance, he said pretty much everything you did, that the accoustics are terrible and are a struggle to hear for the most part. If not that, you can't make out the words being sung.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:04 PM »
So..... whilst Melbourne looks a lock to host the glamour fixture against Japan at the MCG in October... and whilst it seems our State Government is umming and ahhhing about splashing the cash to bring a Socceroos game to Queensland, it seems they have no such concerns when it comes to cricket.

Source : http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/cricket-australia-to-push-for-daynight-ashes-test-next-year/news-story/75aa77674b58fb6daf51ba822627fef0

Kasprowicz was a happy man with the iconic Gabba cricket Test locked in for at least the next three years after the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council made their biggest investment in cricket.

Due to dwindling crowd numbers over the past few years, there was some speculation the Gabba Test could struggle to hold its Test beyond next summer.

But the partnership between Cricket Australia, the Queensland Government and the Brisbane City Council confirmed the Gabba as an international cricket venue.

Rather than there being a direct cash hand-out to Cricket Australia, it is understood the State Government and local council have committed extra funds for the marketing and promotion of international cricket at the Gabba.

Queensland Minister for Sport, Curtis Pitt, said the new agreement was the result of a strategic partnership established between Cricket Australia, Stadiums Queensland, Tourism and Events Queensland and Brisbane Marketing which will see Brisbane?s annual Test positioned as a feature event on Queensland?s calendar of events and promoted by TEQ via the It?s Live in Queensland campaign.

I do like how they realise it's more than simply HAVING an event, but also the need to properly market it as well.

goalfeast

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2016, 09:14:43 AM »
I don't have a problem with the decision re the Gabba test.  We need to accept there are a stack of cricket lovers across the state.  No cash to CA though by the looks, or at least not a large one, but more marketing.  It pays to market the game for the sake of bring in as many visitors as possible, which in turn spend the cash in the local economy.

Hopefully FFA announce the venue for the Japan and Iraq game soon.  I'm prepared to fly all over to see them play.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203629
  • Total Topics: 7968
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14