Author Topic: Four new faces in to play England  (Read 2002 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Four new faces in to play England
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
Four new faces in to play England

Ange Postecoglou has named four debutants - Brad Inman, Milos Degenek, Jamie Maclaren and Stefan Mauk - to his 23-man Socceroos side to take on England.

Following an outstanding Hyundai A-League season with Adelaide United, Craig Goodwin has also been included having last played for the Caltex Socceroos at the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup.

The selection process has been a challenging one for Postecoglou given the timing.

?Whilst it is an exciting fixture for us, it falls outside the FIFA window which means some boys, unfortunately, won?t be available for it. That includes all the boys playing in Asia and also Jason Geria who is playing for Melbourne Victory in the AFC Champions League, so we?ve taken all that into account.? Postecoglou said.

?We have had to cast the net far and wide again and at the same time I think we have come up with a squad that will be really competitive on the day.

?More importantly for me, it gives me a chance to see some further growth in some players playing against the best possible opposition.

?Due to this unique set of circumstances, we will name another squad next week for the upcoming matches against Greece where which will consider all eligible players.

Focussing on the 27 May match, Postecoglou was looking forward to the challenge.

?As an Australian, it is always a special event when we face England in any sport, probably more so with football.

?England is obviously a quality team and will be good challenge for us especially away from home.?

?I think it is constantly important that we test ourselves against the best and always against different types of opposition.

Postecoglou added: ?Having come off the back of the first stage of qualifying against Asian opposition, it will be good to face up to something different and see how we are tracking with our progression.

?Ultimately we want to qualify for a World Cup, but we also want to know our game style and game plan will stand up against the very best."

Caltex Socceroos squad for match against England on May 27

Aziz Behich (Bursaspor, Turkey)
Milos Degenek (TSV 1860 M?nchen, Germany)
Adam Federici (gk) (AFC Bournemouth, England)
Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Chris Iknomidis (US Salernitana 1919, Italy)
Jackson Irvine (Ross County, Scotland)
Brad Inman (Crewe Alexandra, England)
Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace, England)
Tomi Juric (Roda JC Kerkrade, Netherlands)
Robbie Kruse (Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Germany)
Mitchell Langerak (gk) (VfB Stuttgart, Germany)
Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers, England)
Jamie Maclaren (Brisbane Roar, Australia)
Stefan Mauk (Adelaide United, Australia)
Matthew McKay (Brisbane Roar, Australia)
Mark Milligan (Baniyas, UAE)
Aaron Mooy (Melbourne City, Australia)
Josh Risdon (Perth Glory, Australia)
Tom Rogic (Celtic, Scotland)
Mathew Ryan (gk) (Valencia CF, Spain)
Brad Smith (Liverpool, England)
Bailey Wright (Preston North End, England)
Alex Wilkinson (Melbourne City, Australia),

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/four-new-faces-play-england#68uFuSSHXdgk0ce2.99
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

mellod

Re: Four new faces in to play England
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
Good to see Maclaren in there. I think Ange will start Juric and bring Maclaren on later. Hopefully he gets enough time to make an impact.

coast

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
Inman's team came last in the third division.  Good grief, is this kind of call up what we are reduced to?  A player from a relegated div 3 side. And he's 24, so hardly an up and comer.

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:59:46 PM »
Inman's team came last in the third division.  Good grief, is this kind of call up what we are reduced to?  A player from a relegated div 3 side. And he's 24, so hardly an up and comer.

He's obviously played well enough for Ange to call him and give him a go. maybe Ange wants to give him a taste of the national setup and see if that pushes him on to better?

Finsta

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »

He's obviously played well enough for Ange to call him and give him a go. maybe Ange wants to give him a taste of the national setup and see if that pushes him on to better?
This.. Ange wants to look at players from all over and IMO he makes his own decisions after seeing them train/play.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

goalfeast

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »
If never heard of Massimo Luongo before he played for Australia either. Give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

FireBlades19

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »

This.. Ange wants to look at players from all over and IMO he makes his own decisions after seeing them train/play.

Fin you would know better than i would, (being a wise football scholar) :P James Meredith was playing 4th tier english football for bradford city when he got called up didnt he?

Finsta

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »

Fin you would know better than i would, (being a wise football scholar) :P James Meredith was playing 4th tier english football for bradford city when he got called up didnt he?
I can't recall but I think you're right..

I don't believe it's a new thing to test a few players from "lower" leagues. From memory Timmy came into the Socceroos setup from Millwall when they were in the 2nd tier?

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »
Also worth noting, just because 'random player from lower league' gets a call-up, it's not a guarantee they'll get playing time.

Having said that, being a standalone friendly, Ange is within his rights to do a full "Swap the 11 out, and bring a new 11 in" at half time, right ? Or is there a cap on substitutions in international friendlies now ?

gooseman22

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 05:24:11 PM »
Also worth noting, just because 'random player from lower league' gets a call-up, it's not a guarantee they'll get playing time.

Having said that, being a standalone friendly, Ange is within his rights to do a full "Swap the 11 out, and bring a new 11 in" at half time, right ? Or is there a cap on substitutions in international friendlies now ?
Pretty sure it's "by agreement" between the combatants

goalfeast

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:18:25 PM »

I thought after England did it to us back in '03, they changed the rule and you can use 6 subs.  I could be wrong.

FireBlades19

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »

I thought after England did it to us back in '03, they changed the rule and you can use 6 subs.  I could be wrong.

didnt we change 10 or 11 against canada back in 14?

gooseman22

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »

Here Ye go....found this at http://www.football-rankings.info/2012/11/fifa-ranking-rules-for-friendly-matches.html

Friday, November 2, 2012
FIFA Ranking: Rules for friendly matches
On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular letter (#1324 - FIFA-Coca-Cola Ranking) to all its members.

Following an analysis of the legal framework, as well as the implementation of the FIFA Regulations Governing International Matches, FIFA would like to clarify the criteria for a match to be included in the list of matches used to calculate the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

International friendlies will only be included on the list used to calculate the ranking if they have been provisionally authorised in accordance with the FIFA Regulations Governing International Matches, which came into force on 1 August 2011. Please refer to circular no. 1273 of 29 July 2011.

Main criteria for an international friendly to be included in the list used for the calculation of the ranking:

? Observance of the Laws of the Game as issued by IFAB and published by FIFA.
? In accordance with the FIFA Statutes, the main referee and both assistants must be listed on the current FIFA list of international referees.
? It is not compulsory that the fourth official be included on the FIFA list of international referees but if a non-FIFA listed fourth official is required to replace the referee or assistant during an international "A" match, this match will not be included on FIFA's list of matches for the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.
? The referee and assistant referees shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.
? Only six substitutions per team can be made during the match.

Matches can be retrospectively removed from the list of matches used to calculate the FIFA-Coca-Cola World Ranking if the Laws of the Game have not been observed

gooseman22

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »
...so, if I read this correctly, you can have as many subs as you like in a friendly, but only 6 if you want it counted towards FIFA rankings

goalfeast

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
I assume that it would then be just a practice match if you were to use more than 6 subs.  I don't think they do that anymore. 

However if your down 5 zip at half time, sub the lot and claim you didn't know.  That way you don't lose ranking points.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2048
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204766
  • Total Topics: 8012
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2