Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 44005 times)

dobo

Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2017, 10:11:49 PM »
Kruse is in Brisbane. Visited Bayside United today according to their facebook feed.

not surprising, im pretty sure his family is still here. JA would be silly not to at least have a coffee with him and see where his head is at

Chico Raul

« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
Kruse is in Brisbane. Visited Bayside United today according to their facebook feed.

not surprising, im pretty sure his family is still here. JA would be silly not to at least have a coffee with him and see where his head is at
No surprise that he is in town being a Brisbane boy, but I would not read any more into it.
Some Roar people are not fans of Robbie but personally I am a huge fan. When he was in Dussledorf  I went to watch him train and had a chat with him afterwards. Unfortunately I could not see him play as I had to fly home.  I  would love for him to play at Roar again.
I guess an obvious choice for him though is Victory although with Rojas and also Ingham I am not sure there is a vacancy.
Hopefully someone at Roar is talking to him.
Given his injury issues, a stint back in the A League maybe just the thing for him to get back to where he was. Fewer games, longer preseason. 

Herbielives

« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2017, 03:04:49 AM »
Interesting to read some of the suggested transfer targets - mebrahtu, gameiro, blackwood etc. I personally dont think we are that desperate to take any of these. If we were to take anyone I'd say Cirio for sure. I also see that Scott McDonald is now a free agent and he would be a wise signing - proven goalscorer - Although Alsoisi would have to change his tactuics cause I dont think Scott would be a "Over The Top" chaser type like McLaren was. (Game against Victory still pisses me off).

So, I think Cirio and McDonald would be good for us.

Also, I think daggers needs more of an opportunity. He is an out and out no 9 that can play as a 10. He is a proven Goalscorer and I think if he doesnt get game time we may lose him and a few of the other promising youngsters we have which really is a concern as they play/played second fiddle to the likes of Arana and Pepper.

dobo

« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »
Interesting to read some of the suggested transfer targets - mebrahtu, gameiro, blackwood etc. I personally dont think we are that desperate to take any of these. If we were to take anyone I'd say Cirio for sure. I also see that Scott McDonald is now a free agent and he would be a wise signing - proven goalscorer - Although Alsoisi would have to change his tactuics cause I dont think Scott would be a "Over The Top" chaser type like McLaren was. (Game against Victory still pisses me off).

So, I think Cirio and McDonald would be good for us.

Also, I think daggers needs more of an opportunity. He is an out and out no 9 that can play as a 10. He is a proven Goalscorer and I think if he doesnt get game time we may lose him and a few of the other promising youngsters we have which really is a concern as they play/played second fiddle to the likes of Arana and Pepper.

I quite like Cirio but he is a left winger (something that we probably dont really need) and from memory is quite ineffective when on the right.

I said it a couple of weeks ago that i think we will make a play for Mcdonald, i think it will be down to either us or WSW, as they tried to get him in January but failed. I think he would be a good option for us even though he has been playing more as a second striker.

re: daggers, i think he would be happy how this season has gone, he got plenty of opportunities with the first team (particularly in the ACL) As a 19 year old he has pretty much cemented his bench spot and should push on from here. I disagree with you on a couple of points though, I think he looked much better as a 10 than a 9. he looked lost when he had to lead the line and i think he should focus on getting minutes as number 10. As an extension of this i dont think he is (yet) a proven goal scorer at this level. he shows potential to be one but 2 goals in the A-league (against a 10 man NEWC and a late goal in a 5-1 drubbing of CCM) does not make him a proven goal scorer.

Chico Raul

« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2017, 07:44:42 AM »
SBS reports that rumours link  Holosko with Brisbane, or possibly back to Europe to play.
I would think it is no more than SBS or somebody joining dots. But you never know.
All rumours, smoke and mirrors.

Update:
Holosko scored 18 in 52 appearances. 7 goals and 8 assists last season.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:10:24 AM by Chico Raul »

theoworldwide

« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:18 PM »
Has borello officially left?

JiMMM

« Reply #426 on: May 24, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
The rumour on the 442 forums is that we are announcing a new player signing on Friday, anyone heard any whispers on who it is.

I am just hoping it's not Holosko.

Chico Raul

« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2017, 04:22:32 PM »
The rumour on the 442 forums is that we are announcing a new player signing on Friday, anyone heard any whispers on who it is.

I am not close enough to the centre to know, but others may be. I have been hoping to hear that JC is signed; plus Papa. Could it be one of these or is it truly someone new?
442 has a piece on McDonald. No mention of Brisbane though.

Paolo

« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »
I havent got a clue on what the announcement is going to be but Holosko can be useful. He has been here long enough to be able to maximise his skills. If used in the correct way he wouldnt be any worse than many we have had before.. he would give us an aerial presence we havent had before and many are longing for..

theoworldwide

« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »
We can and should do better then Holosko. Do we really need another 34 yo on the pitch next year.  If he was a cb yeah sure...but a rw?

mellod

« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
We can and should do better then Holosko. Do we really need another 34 yo on the pitch next year.  If he was a cb yeah sure...but a rw?

Obviously age is an issue, but if we can find a RW that can produce 7 goals and 8 assists next season I will be ecstatic, especially considering Borello only managed 4 goals and 3 assists.

dobo

« Reply #431 on: May 25, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »

wild speculation time isn't it fun, it's times like this that we need someone like Franjic to leak who we are signing.

The timing links up with Mcdonald, announced a couple of days ago that he has left Motherwell, a day or so to pack up and get on a plane to Brisbane for medical and contract signing. Surely Holeman, Aloisi and Moore know him well enough to get him here.

could be Kruze, he is in town and looking for a club. lets hope it is someone decent

mellod

« Reply #432 on: May 25, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »

wild speculation time isn't it fun, it's times like this that we need someone like Franjic to leak who we are signing.

The timing links up with Mcdonald, announced a couple of days ago that he has left Motherwell, a day or so to pack up and get on a plane to Brisbane for medical and contract signing. Surely Holeman, Aloisi and Moore know him well enough to get him here.

could be Kruze, he is in town and looking for a club. lets hope it is someone decent

Would be hilarious if Craig Moore and the Aloisi's went to South America to find some stars and came back with Scott McDonald and Robbie Kruse.

coast

« Reply #433 on: May 25, 2017, 10:36:36 AM »

Would be hilarious if Craig Moore and the Aloisi's went to South America to find some stars and came back with Scott McDonald and Robbie Kruse.

Great.  Another ESP - Extremely Short Player.  John Aloisi in drag as Snow White.

Chico Raul

« Reply #434 on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »

Great.  Another ESP - Extremely Short Player.  John Aloisi in drag as Snow White.
I am not sure how the  A League compares with the Scottish Premiership as far as standards, but McDonald got 11 goals in 40 games.
I would think if you take Celtic out of the mix, the standard would not be that high. 11 out of 40 is way below the bar set by Macca.
And he got about a quarter of the goals at Motherwell this season, so was not exactly dominating the score sheet. And he has been let go!
McDonald worked hard for the Socceroos but got zero goals in 26 appearances. And that was in his prime.
Should we be excited or alarmed?
Nothing against ESPs per se, but would Macca MK II be as quick and industrious as Macca MK I?
Note quite a Kurtisi coming in for Bes situation, but I am not convinced about Macca Mk II.
All I can say is, we better tighten up that defence, because we only got six more than we let in during last season.
We need to be scoring more and conceding less.
I think JA and CM should keep looking but I am not convinced that South America is the place, although they may see some good games.

coast

« Reply #435 on: May 25, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
On the goals conceded issue, we have two good CBs and a top class DM.  So where do the problems lie? Only two places to go - left back and right back.  Brown, while improved, would struggle to start for any other A League team.  Hingert gets big wraps from some, but for me he's a marginal A League player. His inability to cross the ball with any quality or consistency is inexcusable for a full time pro footballer.

In my view, to really improve in defence we need more quality than either of our fullbacks offer.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #436 on: May 25, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
On the goals conceded issue, we have two good CBs and a top class DM.  So where do the problems lie? Only two places to go - left back and right back.  Brown, while improved, would struggle to start for any other A League team.  Hingert gets big wraps from some, but for me he's a marginal A League player. His inability to cross the ball with any quality or consistency is inexcusable for a full time pro footballer.

In my view, to really improve in defence we need more quality than either of our fullbacks offer.
Hadn't really given this much thought but I think you make a very good argument.

You'd pick Stefanutto and Franjic over Brown and Hingert every day of the week and twice on Sundays. That being said, are there reasonable options out there though?
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

miron mercedes

« Reply #437 on: May 25, 2017, 04:15:37 PM »

Brown has improved this year and he has age on his side . Hingert however, is nearly 27 and won't get much better. He is average at best and often poor .He gets caught ball watching a lot instead of picking up his man. I agree his crossing is also poor . Not sure if he has any assist's but I imagine not many would be from crosses.
Having said all that ....it depends on how much he is being paid...I imagine it is difficult for coaches to go out and spend on fullbacks so you take what you can get with the money left in the cap.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

dobo

« Reply #438 on: May 25, 2017, 06:13:47 PM »

true we have 3 very good CB's and DM who would all pretty much start with any a-league team. I dont agree that Brown and Hingert are to blame for our poor defensive record. Personally i think they are both above average for the league (they are not definitely not the grant and zullo partnership but ability wise i think they are above average) i think what has set apart SFC's defensive set up and ours is the tactics, both us and SFC like to push their left and right backs forward at every chance they get, but when we lose possession we are often exploited down our left and right sides, partly because of where we lose the ball (in the midfield line) when our FB's have push beyond the ball. we are then a little naive, letting teams play quickly to the wings pulling our CB's out of shape.

SFC typically lose the ball in the striker line with the FB's still behind the ball, giving them more of a chance to recover as well as their well known tactics of fouling the opposition to slow play down when players are out of position. Personally i was really frustrated with this sort of tactic this season. I see it as anti football. and realy kills the flow of games.

theoworldwide

« Reply #439 on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:38 PM »
If we had players who could actually hold the ball in the opposition half we have to do less defending and would most probably concede less. Plus, TK isn't suited to defending counters from a high line...he tires too quickly.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205415
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2