Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 15441 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
More commentary about Roar's precarious finances in an article on the SBS site speculating that JA to go to Adelaide next season. For double his current deal.

medley

« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »
More commentary about Roar's precarious finances in an article on the SBS site speculating that JA to go to Adelaide next season. For double his current deal.

Because he's been so successful with the Roar??

I wonder if it would include his bro?

Chico Raul

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »

Check the world game site for yourself. It seems JA is on $250k a year and Adelaide can offer $500k. Brisbane Roar  appear to be having financial issues still/again and could not compete.
The world game site suggests Ross would go too.
Possibly this is speculation based on Amor likely to go at the end of the season. Who knows?
I am expecting yet another off season of financial dramas.

medley

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

Check the world game site for yourself. It seems JA is on $250k a year and Adelaide can offer $500k. Brisbane Roar  appear to be having financial issues still/again and could not compete.
The world game site suggests Ross would go too.
Possibly this is speculation based on Amor likely to go at the end of the season. Who knows?
I am expecting yet another off season of financial dramas.

Yep looks like they would go as a pair, I hate nepotism! I didn't like it when he came as our assistant. Makes you wonder who's calling the shots.
As for financial dramas they never went away but look like spiking again.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »
Not sure how much truth is in that article.

Craig Moore came out on social media berating the author about not contacting anyone at the club for a comment or anything prior to publishing it.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.157 W.79 D.34 L.44

Chico Raul

« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/03/12/top-ten-league-players-market-next-season
This article by Greg Pritchard is a bit of a review on players whose contracts come up for renewal at the end of the season.
We are likely to lose Macca, but we are not the only club with talent not signed up beyond the end of the season.
The players I would like for Roar are Donovan and Castro.
And there is not club in the League that would not want Castro.
I think Perth will move heaven and earth to keep Castro, and if Mariners lose Donovan, it won't be to us.
But to suggest we might take Nichols back as a Thomas Broich replacement!! I read that and thought. Are you serious?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
On Nichols I could not see him entertaining the thought of coming back to the club. Yes on-field he had plenty of success but off it there's never been much love between the majority of fans and him.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.157 W.79 D.34 L.44

dobo

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/03/12/top-ten-league-players-market-next-season
This article by Greg Pritchard is a bit of a review on players whose contracts come up for renewal at the end of the season.
We are likely to lose Macca, but we are not the only club with talent not signed up beyond the end of the season.
The players I would like for Roar are Donovan and Castro.
And there is not club in the League that would not want Castro.
I think Perth will move heaven and earth to keep Castro, and if Mariners lose Donovan, it won't be to us.
But to suggest we might take Nichols back as a Thomas Broich replacement!! I read that and thought. Are you serious?

I dont think we have the resources to capture any of those players. at the end of this season we are likely to lose/let go Macca, Arana, pepper and probably broich. Macca and Broich would likely be on ~250k each arana and pepper on ~80-100k. Calettie will have to be upgraded to a senior deal so that probably leaves 500-600k to replace a starting striker, starting play maker and rotation midfielder/winger, not a lot of cash to get decent players. without broich, petratos and arana we suddenly only have 1 player for LW, AM, RW which needs attention.

luckily we will get a little bit of extra cash from the increase in cap 250k minimum (possibly up to 750k), there will probably also be a fair bit of cash freed up from theo (either get a younger replacement or downgrade his contract as he is older and probably no longer first choice). still with no marquee spots available our recruiting will have to be very, very good to get good enough players to be competitive again next season.

kb55

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
Re earlier comment "Not sure how true but I heard today that the company doing Roar physio work has quit through money and other issues."
I heard the same thing on the weekend - physio not getting paid.

BrynFC

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
Re earlier comment "Not sure how true but I heard today that the company doing Roar physio work has quit through money and other issues."
I heard the same thing on the weekend - physio not getting paid.

That not great to hear,

JA has already said that he won't go through another off season like the last two, can't blame him, plus if there is a job in Adelaide for him, its a no brainer.

While if we lose JA, there isn't  much we can do about that, it would just be nice to have a coach long term to build on the talent we have.

Ongoing issues like staff not being paid, kinda puts off players signing for your club.

Now were is that Red Bull Owner.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202507
  • Total Topics: 7927
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12