Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 40691 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
More commentary about Roar's precarious finances in an article on the SBS site speculating that JA to go to Adelaide next season. For double his current deal.

medley

« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »
More commentary about Roar's precarious finances in an article on the SBS site speculating that JA to go to Adelaide next season. For double his current deal.

Because he's been so successful with the Roar??

I wonder if it would include his bro?

Chico Raul

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »

Check the world game site for yourself. It seems JA is on $250k a year and Adelaide can offer $500k. Brisbane Roar  appear to be having financial issues still/again and could not compete.
The world game site suggests Ross would go too.
Possibly this is speculation based on Amor likely to go at the end of the season. Who knows?
I am expecting yet another off season of financial dramas.

medley

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

Check the world game site for yourself. It seems JA is on $250k a year and Adelaide can offer $500k. Brisbane Roar  appear to be having financial issues still/again and could not compete.
The world game site suggests Ross would go too.
Possibly this is speculation based on Amor likely to go at the end of the season. Who knows?
I am expecting yet another off season of financial dramas.

Yep looks like they would go as a pair, I hate nepotism! I didn't like it when he came as our assistant. Makes you wonder who's calling the shots.
As for financial dramas they never went away but look like spiking again.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »
Not sure how much truth is in that article.

Craig Moore came out on social media berating the author about not contacting anyone at the club for a comment or anything prior to publishing it.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Chico Raul

« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/03/12/top-ten-league-players-market-next-season
This article by Greg Pritchard is a bit of a review on players whose contracts come up for renewal at the end of the season.
We are likely to lose Macca, but we are not the only club with talent not signed up beyond the end of the season.
The players I would like for Roar are Donovan and Castro.
And there is not club in the League that would not want Castro.
I think Perth will move heaven and earth to keep Castro, and if Mariners lose Donovan, it won't be to us.
But to suggest we might take Nichols back as a Thomas Broich replacement!! I read that and thought. Are you serious?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
On Nichols I could not see him entertaining the thought of coming back to the club. Yes on-field he had plenty of success but off it there's never been much love between the majority of fans and him.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

dobo

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/03/12/top-ten-league-players-market-next-season
This article by Greg Pritchard is a bit of a review on players whose contracts come up for renewal at the end of the season.
We are likely to lose Macca, but we are not the only club with talent not signed up beyond the end of the season.
The players I would like for Roar are Donovan and Castro.
And there is not club in the League that would not want Castro.
I think Perth will move heaven and earth to keep Castro, and if Mariners lose Donovan, it won't be to us.
But to suggest we might take Nichols back as a Thomas Broich replacement!! I read that and thought. Are you serious?

I dont think we have the resources to capture any of those players. at the end of this season we are likely to lose/let go Macca, Arana, pepper and probably broich. Macca and Broich would likely be on ~250k each arana and pepper on ~80-100k. Calettie will have to be upgraded to a senior deal so that probably leaves 500-600k to replace a starting striker, starting play maker and rotation midfielder/winger, not a lot of cash to get decent players. without broich, petratos and arana we suddenly only have 1 player for LW, AM, RW which needs attention.

luckily we will get a little bit of extra cash from the increase in cap 250k minimum (possibly up to 750k), there will probably also be a fair bit of cash freed up from theo (either get a younger replacement or downgrade his contract as he is older and probably no longer first choice). still with no marquee spots available our recruiting will have to be very, very good to get good enough players to be competitive again next season.

kb55

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
Re earlier comment "Not sure how true but I heard today that the company doing Roar physio work has quit through money and other issues."
I heard the same thing on the weekend - physio not getting paid.

BrynFC

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
Re earlier comment "Not sure how true but I heard today that the company doing Roar physio work has quit through money and other issues."
I heard the same thing on the weekend - physio not getting paid.

That not great to hear,

JA has already said that he won't go through another off season like the last two, can't blame him, plus if there is a job in Adelaide for him, its a no brainer.

While if we lose JA, there isn't  much we can do about that, it would just be nice to have a coach long term to build on the talent we have.

Ongoing issues like staff not being paid, kinda puts off players signing for your club.

Now were is that Red Bull Owner.

Chico Raul

« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
Caletti uncertain of his future
http://outside90.com/brisbane-roar-starlet-joe-caletti-unsure-where-future-lies-112/
Is the Roar insane? Why would they not be making sure JC is signed for next season?

If ever there was time for supporters to rally round and make sure this guy stays with us, surely it is now!
From my perspective no JC at Roar in 2017-2018 = no renewed membership. What about the  rest of you?

Brisbane Roar youngster Joe Caletti says he is not yet sure whether he will remain with the Queensland club beyond the end of the current 2016-17 season.
The 18-year-old signed for the Roar in January 2016 and has since broken into their first team setup, making the most of squad rotation between the Asian Champions League (ACL) and A-League.
Caletti starred in Brisbane?s 1-0 win over Melbourne Victory at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday and was rewarded with a place in the A-League?s Team of the Week.
He is expecting offers to arrive if he continues to perform.
?I guess it?s just going to reflect on how I perform for the rest of this season,? he said.
?If I perform well, I might get some offers or get another offer here, I?m not sure yet.
?I?m just really focused on putting in some good performances here.?
Caletti paid tribute to Brisbane?s wiser heads, crediting them for his strong form.
?(It?s nice), especially that successful group of players with experience that we have,? Caletti said.
?It makes my job a lot easier and they help me out on the field as well, especially as a young player coming through, so I?m really grateful for that.
?On game day, I don?t need to lift. I?m always up for it because I?ve been wanting to play in the A-League for so long.?
Brisbane sit equal third on the table with Melbourne City. Both teams have chalked up 36 points and are vying to secure third position

Harry H

« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2017, 07:01:50 PM »
http://outside90.com/brisbane-roar-starlet-joe-caletti-unsure-where-future-lies-112/
Is the Roar insane? Why would they not be making sure JC is signed for next season?

If ever there was time for supporters to rally round and make sure this guy stays with us, surely it is now!
From my perspective no JC at Roar in 2017-2018 = no renewed membership. What about the  rest of you?

Brisbane Roar youngster Joe Caletti says he is not yet sure whether he will remain with the Queensland club beyond the end of the current 2016-17 season.
The 18-year-old signed for the Roar in January 2016 and has since broken into their first team setup, making the most of squad rotation between the Asian Champions League (ACL) and A-League.
Caletti starred in Brisbane?s 1-0 win over Melbourne Victory at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday and was rewarded with a place in the A-League?s Team of the Week.
?I guess it?s just going to reflect on how I perform for the rest of this season,? he said.
?If I perform well, I might get some offers or get another offer here, I?m not sure yet.
Caletti paid tribute to Brisbane?s wiser heads, crediting them for his strong form.
?(It?s nice), especially that successful group of players with experience that we have,? Caletti said.
?It makes my job a lot easier and they help me out on the field as well, especially as a young player coming through, so I?m really grateful for that.
?On game day, I don?t need to lift. I?m always up for it because I?ve been wanting to play in the A-League for so long.?
Brisbane sit equal third on the table with Melbourne City. Both teams have chalked up 36 points and are vying to secure third position

Seems a little strange.. I'm guessing the A's are waiting to see how contract negoations go for them.. Then sign players like Joe and some other young ones where ever they end up.
Thats why it can be a catch 22 for clubs with prominent coaches running the show. I keep saying the club must be pro active in it's future with players and coaches.

mellod

« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »

I am sure they are, but there is only so much they can do. So much room in the cap when we already have McKay and Kristensen signed on. Yes he is a great prospect, but we have no idea what he is asking for and whether it is reasonable.

Harry H

« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »

I am sure they are, but there is only so much they can do. So much room in the cap when we already have McKay and Kristensen signed on. Yes he is a great prospect, but we have no idea what he is asking for and whether it is reasonable.

I'd be guessing he'd be asking for around 70-90 k. He's had 5 aleague games. 4 starts 1 off the bench and subbed off twice. He has not really faced one of the stronger Aleague clubs yet at full strength ( a depleted MV last week ).
He's struggled in the ACL games against serious opposition.  He's on a learning curve like all young players. I do think we should be keeping him though.

mellod

« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »
Marco is reporting that he is close to signing a new deal with us.

Chico Raul

« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
I saw Marco's piece and that is encouraging.
But I am standing by what I say. If we cannot keep Caletti then it speaks volumes about the health of the club.
Fortunately we still have a salary cap, which improves our chances to keep him.

Harry H

« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »

Marco is not 100% reliable. He gets his grabs. He was reporting JA was signing a deal on Tuesday night... Nothing yet.

Chico Raul

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »
There is a piece on the Fox Sports website by Vince Rugari on Macca.
It seems that Macca and Roar have not had discussions since what was reported a while back regarding the comments by Paddy Dominguez on the offer.
It sounds like there is plenty of interest in Macca from other clubs as you would expect. Nothing decided.
What I like about what is reported is how important playing for the Green and Gold is for Macca.
I think it is great to have a player for whom representing Australia is so important.
What I read into the article is that Macca is not driven purely by money but wants to maximise the prospect of playing in the Green and Gold.
So wherever he plays next season, he needs to be playing and maximising his chances of playing in the World Cup (assuming we qualify).
Looking at the current A league top teams Macca would not necessarily be guaranteed first choice at a fair few clubs, which starts to limit his options. Even Adelaide seem to have found a striker of late. 
I hope he stays.
On a side note, there has been a lot of comment re the Socceroos's last two performances. 
What our performances so far  highlight is that whilst Australia has some decent midfielders especially with Moy and Rogic to come back into the side, we  really do not have a world class striker.
It is  the missing piece of the puzzle for Ange.
Macca needs the chance to develop to his full potential and is as good as anyone else that is in the frame.
Staying at Roar is not a bad option.

Chico Raul

« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »
I haven't see it reported yet up here in NRL City, but Dane Ingham made his debut for New Zealand v Fiji on Tuesday.
Congratulations!
http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/all-whites-book-final-with-second-fiji-win/

mellod

« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
There is a piece on the Fox Sports website by Vince Rugari on Macca.
It seems that Macca and Roar have not had discussions since what was reported a while back regarding the comments by Paddy Dominguez on the offer.
It sounds like there is plenty of interest in Macca from other clubs as you would expect. Nothing decided.
What I like about what is reported is how important playing for the Green and Gold is for Macca.
I think it is great to have a player for whom representing Australia is so important.
What I read into the article is that Macca is not driven purely by money but wants to maximise the prospect of playing in the Green and Gold.
So wherever he plays next season, he needs to be playing and maximising his chances of playing in the World Cup (assuming we qualify).
Looking at the current A league top teams Macca would not necessarily be guaranteed first choice at a fair few clubs, which starts to limit his options. Even Adelaide seem to have found a striker of late. 
I hope he stays.
On a side note, there has been a lot of comment re the Socceroos's last two performances. 
What our performances so far  highlight is that whilst Australia has some decent midfielders especially with Moy and Rogic to come back into the side, we  really do not have a world class striker.
It is  the missing piece of the puzzle for Ange.
Macca needs the chance to develop to his full potential and is as good as anyone else that is in the frame.
Staying at Roar is not a bad option.

I doubt he would look at either Melbourne club to try and compete for a starting spot with Bes and Fornaroli.

I think he would straight away disregard the Jets, Mariners and Nix. I doubt they would offer more money than us and have worse squads.

Perth could make a play for him if they can't keep Taggart after his loan, but they still have Keogh for the next season.

Adelaide may be an option, as Baba has said he isn't sure what he is doing after the season. Big risk going to the almost wooden spooners who are probably in for a rebuild.

I think Bobo is off contract after this season, so perhaps Sydney FC will make a play. They would have the money and a marquee spot open. They seem more likely to go for another big name though.

Western Sydney are in desperate need of a striker and have marquee spots open. I'd say they would likely be making an offer.

For us, I think we may not be able to give him the most money, but he knows how we play. We have a decent squad. What we are missing is the tactics to take advantage of what he can do. Perhaps if our midfield finds some creativity, he would benefit.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2048
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204718
  • Total Topics: 8009
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1