Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 34390 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
There is a piece on the Fox Sports website by Vince Rugari on Macca.
It seems that Macca and Roar have not had discussions since what was reported a while back regarding the comments by Paddy Dominguez on the offer.
It sounds like there is plenty of interest in Macca from other clubs as you would expect. Nothing decided.
What I like about what is reported is how important playing for the Green and Gold is for Macca.
I think it is great to have a player for whom representing Australia is so important.
What I read into the article is that Macca is not driven purely by money but wants to maximise the prospect of playing in the Green and Gold.
So wherever he plays next season, he needs to be playing and maximising his chances of playing in the World Cup (assuming we qualify).
Looking at the current A league top teams Macca would not necessarily be guaranteed first choice at a fair few clubs, which starts to limit his options. Even Adelaide seem to have found a striker of late. 
I hope he stays.
On a side note, there has been a lot of comment re the Socceroos's last two performances. 
What our performances so far  highlight is that whilst Australia has some decent midfielders especially with Moy and Rogic to come back into the side, we  really do not have a world class striker.
It is  the missing piece of the puzzle for Ange.
Macca needs the chance to develop to his full potential and is as good as anyone else that is in the frame.
Staying at Roar is not a bad option.

I doubt he would look at either Melbourne club to try and compete for a starting spot with Bes and Fornaroli.

I think he would straight away disregard the Jets, Mariners and Nix. I doubt they would offer more money than us and have worse squads.

Perth could make a play for him if they can't keep Taggart after his loan, but they still have Keogh for the next season.

Adelaide may be an option, as Baba has said he isn't sure what he is doing after the season. Big risk going to the almost wooden spooners who are probably in for a rebuild.

I think Bobo is off contract after this season, so perhaps Sydney FC will make a play. They would have the money and a marquee spot open. They seem more likely to go for another big name though.

Western Sydney are in desperate need of a striker and have marquee spots open. I'd say they would likely be making an offer.

For us, I think we may not be able to give him the most money, but he knows how we play. We have a decent squad. What we are missing is the tactics to take advantage of what he can do. Perhaps if our midfield finds some creativity, he would benefit.
Agree. Except if Sydney let Bobo go, then maybe they will be interested in Macca.
Ange has made comments about young players going overseas too soon. He blames it on the salary cap.
The last thing Macca needs is to go somewhere for more money and not play week in week out. He needs to be the first choice.
He needs to think carefully now about what he wants.
He could  sign another Roar contract with an exit clause allowing him to go to another club if the  right offer comes. But he still needs to be careful that it is the right offer.
If he can get to Moscow in 2018 and show case his stuff, he can kick on from there. Although Australia may not make it to Moscow.
If Roar can make third spot in the  A League (which incidentally would be helped by Macca scoring a few goals) , then there is another shot at ACL next year.
Personally I don't see anything in the ACL for the Roar but it may benefit individual players like Macca. 

Harry H

« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »
I haven't see it reported yet up here in NRL City, but Dane Ingham made his debut for New Zealand v Fiji on Tuesday.
Congratulations!
http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/all-whites-book-final-with-second-fiji-win/

Congratulations Dane Ingham. Wow what's up with the Roar? An international and no mention,, just checked the aleague site and its on their to.
NZ have some decent players currently.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
That information was posted through the A-League site and also on the club's twitter feed, and I also remember reading about it when he was selected, and after they played.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

coast

« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2017, 08:49:39 AM »
I haven't see it reported yet up here in NRL City, but Dane Ingham made his debut for New Zealand v Fiji on Tuesday.
Congratulations!

Congratulations Dane Ingham. Wow what's up with the Roar? An international and no mention,, just checked the aleague site and its on their to.

This is bullshit. This is NZ making that he can't play for anyone else if he turns out to be a decent player.  Pure speculation and very dubious ethically. There is no way Dane is an international.

This is preying on young players.  Dane is too young to make this decision, but he's screwed now, and to suggest that he is a Kiwi is just ludicrous.

Deeply unethical on the part of the NZ coach and management.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:51:12 AM by coast »

mellod

« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
Congratulations!

This is bullshit. This is NZ making that he can't play for anyone else if he turns out to be a decent player.  Pure speculation and very dubious ethically. There is no way Dane is an international.

This is preying on young players.  Dane is too young to make this decision, but he's screwed now, and to suggest that he is a Kiwi is just ludicrous.

According to the below article, he sat down with his family and they made the decision together. He apparently supported both Australia and New Zealand growing up also.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roars-dane-ingham-explains-why-he-opted-to-represent-new-zealand/news-story/cfd6e8c74c597723d269833af787438b

Harry H

« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
Congratulations!

That's one way to look at at...

Although do you know who the NZ coach is? As i understand it be be Alan Hudsons son Anthony Hudson.. You do know who Hudson is? 

Ingham would be now up for selection to go to the  NZ under20's world cup in Korea next month. Then up for the confeds cup in Russia... Surely this sort of exposure would have to improve him as a player. As long as he comes back a better player for the Roar all good.. Is it all important how you get that exposure, or is it more important that you get it,,,, making him a better player surely.

coast

« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
Congratulations!

Although do you know who the NZ coach is? As i understand it be be Alan Hudsons son Anthony Hudson.. You do know who Hudson is? 

Ingham would be now up for selection to go to the  NZ under20's world cup in Korea next month. Then up for the confeds cup in Russia... Surely this sort of exposure would have to improve him as a player. As long as he comes back a better player for the Roar all good.. Is it all important how you get that exposure, or is it more important that you get it,,,, making him a better player surely.

I do know who Alan Hudson is, Harry, but I'm not sure what relevance that has.

I accept your points, without having them change my view.  This is a country being cynically opportunistic by locking up a young playerl on the grounds of potential.  And, frankly, if they Kiwis need to call up a teenager who isn't even a first team A League player, and this brother, who is a fringe player only - neither of whom can be remotely considered New Zealanders - then their playing stocks must be desperate.

Harry H

« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »
Congratulations!

I do know who Alan Hudson is, Harry, but I'm not sure what relevance that has.

I accept your points, without having them change my view.  This is a country being cynically opportunistic by locking up a young playerl on the grounds of potential.  And, frankly, if they Kiwis need to call up a teenager who isn't even a first team A League player, and this brother, who is a fringe player only - neither of whom can be remotely considered New Zealanders - then their playing stocks must be desperate.

As everybody knows about Aust football is not always what you know, but who you know. That would be my relevance with the Hudson connection.
I just read a few thing about the Anthony. Youngest coach / manager to ever get his UEFA pro licence. Redknapp rates him highly and so on.

Not much difference to Aust currently...LBH... In fact it would be an interesting match up.  The kiwis have some players that would be a walk up a start in the Aust team. Rojas, Reid, Wood.

That would be good,,,, nothing like a bit of an international derby to get the blood flowing. Especially a Aust-NZ one.

Any way good luck to both of them.. Nobody started at the top and there are plenty of internationals around you could say the same think about.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
Not sure why you're up in arms Coast. Plenty of other countries do it as well. Heck I reckon even Australia have capped a couple of youngsters over the last 20 years just so they're locked in.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Finsta

« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
*UPDATED*

Here's the list as of today 20th April 2017

Contracted till the end of 2016/17 Season:
Nathan Konstandopoulos - SCHOLARSHIP CONTRACT
Joe Caletti - YOUTH CONTRACT (Length unknown)
4*.Avram Papadopoulos - Injury Replacement for Daniel Bowles
21. Manuel Arana Rodriguez (Fgn)
20. Joey Katebian
19. Jacob Pepper
18. Thomas Broich (Fgn) - LEAVING
17. Michael Theo
16. Jamie Maclaren (most likely leaving)

Contracted till the end of 2017/18 Season:
15. Jade North
14. Matt McKay
13. Brett Holman
12. Nicholas D'Agostino
11. Connor O'Toole
10. Kye Rowles
9. Corey Brown
8. Jamie Young
7. Jack Hingert
6. Brandon Borrello
5. Thomas Oar
4. Daniel Bowles

Contracted till the end of 2018/19 Season:
3. Shannon Brady
2. Thomas Kristensen (Fgn)
1. Luke DeVere

Transfers/Off Contract/Released (Last 10):
06/02/2017 - Dimitri Petratos - Transfer. Ulsan Hyundai.
15/08/2016 - Jerome Polenz - Released. Contract terminated by mutual consent.
15/07/2016 - Corona - Released. Contract terminated by mutual consent.
16/06/2016 - Henrique - Released. Contract Expired. Negeri Sembilan (Malaysia).
01/06/2016 - James Donachie - Released. Contract Expired. Melbourne Victory
03/05/2016 - Steven Lustica - Released. Contract Expired. Western Sydney Wanderers
03/05/2016 - Javier Hervas - Released. Contract Expired.
29/04/2016 - Shane Stefanutto - Retiring.
29/04/2016 - Jean Carlo Solorzano - Released. Contract Expired.
28/04/2016 - Devante Clut - Released. Newcastle Jets.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Finsta

« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
What do we do about Crestani?

Should we try and get him onto a contract? Will it become too many CB's though as we've got DeVere, North and Bowles onboard plus Avraam is playing well.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Chico Raul

« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
What do we do about Crestani?

Should we try and get him onto a contract? Will it become too many CB's though as we've got DeVere, North and Bowles onboard plus Avraam is playing well.
My 10 cents worth. This is all pure speculation on my part. You asked the question!
Isn't Kye Roles also a central defender too?
As regards Crestani,  I think for him, the key is who covers during Jack's absence at RB?
The main difference is that Crestani can tackle whilst I think Dane Ingham has more pace.
The last article I saw in February was we are talking 2018 for Daniel Bowles to return.
Given the number of central defenders, I think Crestani's best hope is as a right back, and based on the Nix game, he got the nod over Ingham. Despite his problems on Sunday's first half, I think he will get the nod against WSW. WSW are a physical side. I expect WSW to target him big time.  If he does well, he should get a contract, with Ingham still be a youth player. This is his chance.
We may end up letting Papa go which you would think will almost certainly be to another A League club.
Even though Papa is arguably stronger than De Vere. Purely because of the situation around who is contracted already.
I am not sure how it works with injury back ups.

mellod

« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2017, 11:50:36 AM »
So our busy schedule has really highlighted some areas for improvement in the off-season.

Will Theo get another contract? I would keep him on if he is willing to sign for cheap, otherwise I think we should look elsewhere.

Lots of depth at CB, which is nice. I am really likely Avram but I doubt he will stay (will probably go to another A-League club), as we won't be able to afford North, DeVere, Bowles and Avram.

LB and RB are an issue for me. We have had several experimental players in these roles (playing out of position) and no one has really stood out. O'Toole is a LB so it would be good to see him get some time to show what he can do. I suppose Bowles coming back solves the RB issue as he is a capable back up.

Kristensen, McKay and Caletti is plenty for DM, although do we have any other youth DMs that could be brought through?

Holman starting at AM and then youth as an option?

RW is a big issue. Brady hasn't shown he is up for it yet and surely this schedule is taking it's toll on Borello. Good on him for powering through though. Guy must be super fit.

With Broich going, the LW belongs to Oar. Hopefully he can elevate his play to be worthy of his marquee status. Any decent back ups here?

Daggers is showing potential. Whether can is reliable enough as a second option, I am not sure.

Assuming Maclaren, Broich are gone, we need a prolific striker, a LW to push Oar, an AM to push Holman, a RW to provide some relief for Borello, perhaps a new keeper to replace Theo (hopefully cheaper to free up money for other positions). I would love for JA to find a decent version of Arana. Classy/creative foreigner who can play across the front 3. Probably wishful thinking though.

Young

Hingert    DeVere    North    Brown

Kristensen     McKay

Holman

Borello                                   Oar

TBD forward

Bench: TBD GK (or Theo), Caletti, Bowles, TBD new (and decent Arana), TBD forward (or Daggers)

It is a solid squad, but surely lacking some creativity. I feel like there will be a giant Broich sized hole next season.

dobo

« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:26 PM »
So our busy schedule has really highlighted some areas for improvement in the off-season.

Will Theo get another contract? I would keep him on if he is willing to sign for cheap, otherwise I think we should look elsewhere.

Lots of depth at CB, which is nice. I am really likely Avram but I doubt he will stay (will probably go to another A-League club), as we won't be able to afford North, DeVere, Bowles and Avram.

LB and RB are an issue for me. We have had several experimental players in these roles (playing out of position) and no one has really stood out. O'Toole is a LB so it would be good to see him get some time to show what he can do. I suppose Bowles coming back solves the RB issue as he is a capable back up.

Kristensen, McKay and Caletti is plenty for DM, although do we have any other youth DMs that could be brought through?

RW is a big issue. Brady hasn't shown he is up for it yet and surely this schedule is taking it's toll on Borello. Good on him for powering through though. Guy must be super fit.

With Broich going, the LW belongs to Oar. Hopefully he can elevate his play to be worthy of his marquee status. Any decent back ups here?

Daggers is showing potential. Whether can is reliable enough as a second option, I am not sure.

Assuming Maclaren, Broich are gone, we need a prolific striker, a LW to push Oar, an AM to push Holman, a RW to provide some relief for Borello, perhaps a new keeper to replace Theo (hopefully cheaper to free up money for other positions). I would love for JA to find a decent version of Arana. Classy/creative foreigner who can play across the front 3. Probably wishful thinking though.

Young

Kristensen     McKay

Holman

TBD forward

Bench: TBD GK (or Theo), Caletti, Bowles, TBD new (and decent Arana), TBD forward (or Daggers)

It is a solid squad, but surely lacking some creativity. I feel like there will be a giant Broich sized hole next season.

Good analysis, i would like to keep Avram and rotate the three CB's but i agree that it might be hard to find enough cash to keep him (particularly with a Maca sized hole to fill up front under the cap),given the previous I would move Crestani into the squad as CB depth with Bowles also capable of covering there, that means we need to start looking at developing a young RB to come into the squad in the next 3 years.

I  think that Daggers has looked better in Holeman's 10 role rather than up front at number 9. At this stage i am quite happy to keep him as the bench AM player to replace holeman and do a job up front if we are desperate.

pepper and Arana need to be let go (though i am on the fence with Arana as i think he is CHEAP). konstanta Calletie replaces pepper as the "depth player" and Konstanta replaces Calletie as the youth prospect.

that leaves a prolific striker and a player that can play backup LW/RW (preferably a good one that people would be happy to be a first team player) and then fill out whats left with youth players.

we will likely still end up in the same situation as this year with youth having to play a big role (assuming we get an acl spot) but that is the trouble with a salary capped league, with a little better preparation (now that Dodd is not looking after players fitness) we should have the squad to again compete for the league. Aloisi has to focus on recruiting 2 key players and we should be ok, but that is do or die really get a poor striker and the season is gone before it started (i expect a backended marquee deal again, plays for cheap next season then moves into the marquee spot). wild speculation right now but I reckon Scott Mcdonald is on our radar, 33, played 36 games in the scottish league this season for 11 goals and likely off contract.

Chico Raul

« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »

Young

Kristensen     McKay

Holman

TBD forward

Good analysis, i would like to keep Avram and rotate the three CB's but i agree that it might be hard to find enough cash to keep him (particularly with a Maca sized hole to fill up front under the cap),given the previous I would move Crestani into the squad as CB depth with Bowles also capable of covering there, that means we need to start looking at developing a young RB to come into the squad in the next 3 years.

I  think that Daggers has looked better in Holeman's 10 role rather than up front at number 9. At this stage i am quite happy to keep him as the bench AM player to replace holeman and do a job up front if we are desperate.

pepper and Arana need to be let go (though i am on the fence with Arana as i think he is CHEAP). konstanta Calletie replaces pepper as the "depth player" and Konstanta replaces Calletie as the youth prospect.

that leaves a prolific striker and a player that can play backup LW/RW (preferably a good one that people would be happy to be a first team player) and then fill out whats left with youth players.

we will likely still end up in the same situation as this year with youth having to play a big role (assuming we get an acl spot) but that is the trouble with a salary capped league, with a little better preparation (now that Dodd is not looking after players fitness) we should have the squad to again compete for the league. Aloisi has to focus on recruiting 2 key players and we should be ok, but that is do or die really get a poor striker and the season is gone before it started (i expect a backended marquee deal again, plays for cheap next season then moves into the marquee spot). wild speculation right now but I reckon Scott Mcdonald is on our radar, 33, played 36 games in the scottish league this season for 11 goals and likely off contract.
The CM is reporting that Papa wants to stay; Roar want him to stay; and that contract talks are in progress.

theoworldwide

« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2017, 12:20:21 AM »
Arana def gone after tonight.... aloisi's face said it all

Chico Raul

« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2017, 05:50:28 PM »
Jumpei Kuskami may be released by WSW.
Apart from the pen he was outstanding as an attacking midfielder in the games against us. Thoughts?
Anyone else at WSW that is worth a look?
To me picking up a known entity who has played A League is a better than option than taking a punt on a Hervas or Arana.
I don't think there is anyone at FFA City we might want apart from say Brandan?

mellod

« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
Apart from the pen he was outstanding as an attacking midfielder in the games against us. Thoughts?
To me picking up a known entity who has played A League is a better than option than taking a punt on a Hervas or Arana.

WSW fans have rubbished him most of the season and I thought he has been pretty average overall. Certainly don't think he would displace anyone in the starting XI currently and, as a visa player, he really should.

Tr0jan

« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »

No to both. Brandan has a horrendous attitude and his antics, for mine, aren't wanted.

Jumpei is half a product. Occasionally makes a good run but his final product is poor. Bad decision making in the final third and rushed passes and poor finishing.

They are both on a level with Arana.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »
Troisi or Castro would be useful.

Kusakami and Brandan are both hot and cold. Troisi is approaching the best period of his career and Castro I haven't seen play terribly.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204186
  • Total Topics: 7988
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 14