Author Topic: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2  (Read 38021 times)

gooseman22

Re: Brisbane Roar Players Contracts/Info etc. #2
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
I agree with comments about Blackwood from Sydney. Tall and strong. Arnie rates him. Could be a backup/sub for this season.
Harry Sawyer is another possibility. Ex-Roar youth. Big guy. We lacked a different dimension up front this year to mix things if plan A failed.

Corey gameiro is another attacking option. A big injury risk but young.
I'm not sold on Blackwood. Didn't see much of him, admittedly, but what I did see didn't catch my eye. Not sure he's any better than Katebian.

dobo

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2017, 08:58:32 AM »
I wonder if we would make a play for Sergio Cirio? Can play on the right wing or as a striker. He definitely had a disappointing last season, but overall has been pretty good for Adelaide. Also a bit older (32), but could do a job on a 1 year deal. Probably asking too much though.

I think he could be a good option as a back up, can definitely still change a game. Interesting that Fox Sports have an article at the moment saying Brisbane would be the ideal place for Holosko. RW that brings some creativity to the team would be good if we could pick him up cheap.

I have always like gamiero but back to back ACL's is worrying, i'd only take him if he took minimum wage.

Chico Raul

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
I don't know enough about George Blackwood but did note that Gombau has him in his U23 squad which suggests he is better than Katebian. I put his name out there because I noticed that he has not been signed up by Arnie, and JA seems to like players that have had involvement with the Australian International squads.

Cirio scored 20 goals for Adelaide and the pundits seem to rate him. He can play on the left and would be an option for us, but I am not sold on him either way as I probably never really watched him.

One of the things I did not understand about the communication from the club about going to South America is that my understanding is that in most places  football is a winter game. Australia is a bit of an exception as we have an established AFL and NRL.  So the Series A in Brazil for example just started. They are not in the off season. So what are the chances of picking up someone who is reasonable and also fit in South America?  Surely you would go to the northern hemisphere to look, or players from within Australia.

mellod

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
I wonder if we would make a play for Sergio Cirio? Can play on the right wing or as a striker. He definitely had a disappointing last season, but overall has been pretty good for Adelaide. Also a bit older (32), but could do a job on a 1 year deal. Probably asking too much though.

I think he could be a good option as a back up, can definitely still change a game. Interesting that Fox Sports have an article at the moment saying Brisbane would be the ideal place for Holosko. RW that brings some creativity to the team would be good if we could pick him up cheap.

I have always like gamiero but back to back ACL's is worrying, i'd only take him if he took minimum wage.

Yes, it all comes down to money. By the sounds of things, Arana was on much more than he is worth. Surely with him, Borello, Maclaren, Broich and Dimi gone, we must have a reasonable amount of money to spend. I think Cirio would be a good pick up to play the role Arana played this season (although hopefully better) off the bench and Holosko would be a great pick up to replace Borello. I just can't see us affording him, however.

I think Gameiro would be a good option for the bench, but not much more than that. I would prefer him to Blackwood as he has proven he can score goals when not injured.
Will be interesting to see what the Aloisi's come back from South America with.

If we could have a bench of Theo, Bowles, Caletti, Gameiro and Cirio I think we would be going okay.

Chico Raul

« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »

Yes, it all comes down to money. By the sounds of things, Arana was on much more than he is worth. Surely with him, Borello, Maclaren, Broich and Dimi gone, we must have a reasonable amount of money to spend. I think Cirio would be a good pick up to play the role Arana played this season (although hopefully better) off the bench and Holosko would be a great pick up to replace Borello. I just can't see us affording him, however.

I think Gameiro would be a good option for the bench, but not much more than that. I would prefer him to Blackwood as he has proven he can score goals when not injured.
Will be interesting to see what the Aloisi's come back from South America with.

If we could have a bench of Theo, Bowles, Caletti, Gameiro and Cirio I think we would be going okay.
Another name to throw into the mix is Golgol Mebrahtu. He is playing in the Czech First League. I am not sure if he is contracted for next season. He scored 8 from 16 appearances. He played at Heart when JA was coach. He has just one international cap at U-23 and played up here with the Strikers and Gold Coast.

theoworldwide

« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »
One of the things I did not understand about the communication from the club about going to South America is that my understanding is that in most places  football is a winter game. Australia is a bit of an exception as we have an established AFL and NRL.  So the Series A in Brazil for example just started. They are not in the off season. So what are the chances of picking up someone who is reasonable and also fit in South America?  Surely you would go to the northern hemisphere to look, or players from within Australia.

Sounds like you should be recruiting, not Craig moore.

theoworldwide

« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2017, 09:47:42 AM »
Holosko will be 34 in Jan!!

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »
*UPDATED*
Here's the list as of today 18th May 2017

Coming off contract:
Joe Caletti - Club hoping to re-sign
Avram Papadopoulos  - Club hoping to re-sign
Jacob Pepper - Looking to be re-signed

Under contract currently:
Brandon Borrello - Looking for Transfer to OS

Contracted till the end of 2017/18 Season:
15. Jade North
14. Matt McKay
13. Brett Holman
12. Nicholas D'Agostino
11. Connor O'Toole
10. Kye Rowles
9. Corey Brown
8. Jamie Young
7. Jack Hingert
6. Thomas Oar
5. Daniel Bowles
4. Michael Theo

Contracted till the end of 2018/19 Season:
3. Shannon Brady
2. Thomas Kristensen (Fgn)
1. Luke DeVere

Transfers/Off Contract/Released (Last 10):
18/05/2017 - Nathan Konstandopoulos - Released. Contract Expired.
18/05/2017 - Cameron Crestani - Released. Youth Contract Expired.
18/05/2017 - Manuel Arana Rodriguez - Released. Contract Expired.
18/05/2017 - Joey Katebian - Released. Contract Expired.
17/05/2017 - Jamie Maclaren - Released. Contract Expired.
10/05/2017 - Thomas Broich - Released. Contract Expired.
06/02/2017 - Dimitri Petratos - Transfer. Ulsan Hyundai.
15/08/2016 - Jerome Polenz - Released. Contract terminated by mutual consent.
15/07/2016 - Corona - Released. Contract terminated by mutual consent.
16/06/2016 - Henrique - Released. Contract Expired. Negeri Sembilan (Malaysia)
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Finsta

« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »
So if the club re-signs Avraam, Pepper and Caletti it means we'd be up to 18 players. 5 remaining openings including 4 foreign spots (IF the A-League continues with the 5 foreign player rule).

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

mellod

« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
So if the club re-signs Avraam, Pepper and Caletti it means we'd be up to 18 players. 5 remaining openings including 4 foreign spots (IF the A-League continues with the 5 foreign player rule).

I know the club is working to re-sign Avraam, but I don't see how it will work having four starting quality CBs. Obviously we are in the play offs again for ACL, but there will be a lot of money either riding the bench or not even in the squad.

Finsta

« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »

I know the club is working to re-sign Avraam, but I don't see how it will work having four starting quality CBs. Obviously we are in the play offs again for ACL, but there will be a lot of money either riding the bench or not even in the squad.
I'm thinking both Bowles and Rowles will be seen as utilities who can play CB but also cover for RB and LB respectively. O'Toole is also a LB option when fit.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

dobo

« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »

I dont think Bowles is quite starting quality (or ever will be) he is a good utility and can do a very good job when he comes in but i would not want to be relying on him to start and play a majority of games (he is also RB cover), so that only leaves 3 CB's. North will be 36 in January and although looked like he could (and wanted to) run out pretty much every game this season a rotation policy will do a world of good, particularly with ACL. Bowles wont be on huge money as he signed his extension when he was really a fringe player, Given Norths age he also wont be on a huge deal (one year contracts), and we will only sign Pappa if it makes sense financially (ie cheaply), i think the club has done very good business at the back, Hingert, Brown, Devere, North and Papa would all start in every other A-league side and none command a huge salary (apart from maybe devere)

Chico Raul

« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

I dont think Bowles is quite starting quality (or ever will be) he is a good utility and can do a very good job when he comes in but i would not want to be relying on him to start and play a majority of games (he is also RB cover), so that only leaves 3 CB's. North will be 36 in January and although looked like he could (and wanted to) run out pretty much every game this season a rotation policy will do a world of good, particularly with ACL. Bowles wont be on huge money as he signed his extension when he was really a fringe player, Given Norths age he also wont be on a huge deal (one year contracts), and we will only sign Pappa if it makes sense financially (ie cheaply), i think the club has done very good business at the back, Hingert, Brown, Devere, North and Papa would all start in every other A-league side and none command a huge salary (apart from maybe devere)
A year ago the first JA signing in the off season was Connor O'Toole and Kye Rowles. I thought Rowles was a left back and O'Toole a CM. So that in an additional CB.
I recollect that Bowles' recovery was expected to take a year so my guess is we will be operating with Papa, De Vere and Jado.

Chico Raul

« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »
I have just watched the interview with Thomas Broich on Facebook organised by the Supporters Federation and recommend it to anyone who has not seen it or who like myself was not invited along.
It was very insightful. Particularly comments around his decision to go / Roar's decision not to make resigning him a priority. But a whole lot more.
I noted his comment about the need to play more one touch two touch and move the ball quickly.  This is exactly what JC brings to the game and something which Roar really need to improve on. We are still thinking about structures when actions should be automatic.
It was a great Q&A session.
I applaud the suggestion that we retire the number 22 jersey which is something I have been thinking about too.
I will miss Thomas big time.

Chico Raul

« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
Macca going to SV Darmstadt

dsfarrell

« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »
Chico Raul,    All fans and members were invited.   They just could only take 100 people, so first in.   I dont think anyone was personally invited.,

Chico Raul

« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »
Chico Raul,    All fans and members were invited.   They just could only take 100 people, so first in.   I dont think anyone was personally invited.,
So how did people get to know this was happening?

kb55

« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22:42 AM »
The Broich event was organised by Roar Supporters Federation. The communicate via their Facebook page.

Chico Raul

« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »
The Broich event was organised by Roar Supporters Federation. The communicate via their Facebook page.
Thanks.
Which explains it.
I don't use Facebook.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2017, 08:01:11 PM »
Kruse is in Brisbane. Visited Bayside United today according to their facebook feed.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204439
  • Total Topics: 7996
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online