Author Topic: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5  (Read 13161 times)

kb55

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »
TIM Cahill will take a $3 million-plus pay cut in his second season with Melbourne City.
The Socceroos legend, who arrives in Melbourne on Sunday and starts training with City on Monday, has been rewarded with a deal in excess of $3.5 million in his debut season with the club.
The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal that Cahill will move inside the salary cap in season two, meaning his 2017-18 salary is likely to be worth less than $400,000.
The combined Cahill playing package will be around $4 million ? far less than many had speculated ? though it?s likely to push $4.5-5 million once the Football Federation Australia subsidy and third-party deals are added.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »
Prolific Finnish striker Aleksandr Kokko has successfully completed a medical at Newcastle Jets and has subsequently signed a two-season Hyundai A-League contract with Scott Miller's squad

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/a-league-transfer-news-finnish-finisher-aleksandr-kokko-joins-newcastle-jets/1k301cyhyhcks1tpqnteygb7se
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Chico Raul

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 05:42:24 PM »
I noticed the quote post the Sydney game from John Aloisi
"We'll have a couple more players come in and we're going to improve even more"
I am not sure if he means new players or if he means the likes of Luke de Vere finally.
But I figure at least one has to be a defender. I would like to see two.
Whilst pre-season does not count for much, three losses against three A League opponents suggests we are behind the field in terms of preparation.
Defence is a major worry and the old inability to turn possession into goals also a concern.
Given the off field histrionics though, it's remarkable that we are even  fielding a  competitive team.
Seven more weeks to go.

Chico Raul

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 05:47:52 AM »
I am not sure if he means new players or if he means the likes of Luke de Vere finally.
Whilst pre-season does not count for much, three losses against three A League opponents suggests we are behind the field in terms of preparation.
Defence is a major worry and the old inability to turn possession into goals also a concern.
Given the off field histrionics though, it's remarkable that we are even  fielding a  competitive team.
Seven more weeks to go.
The quote on Fox Sports news is "Aloisi, who has three vacant visa player spots up his sleeve, intends to add to his squad before the season as he looks to install more depth to his midfield and forward ranks."
Defensively last season we were poor. And again so far in pre-season. We have lost Stef, Polenz and Donachie; have yet to see de Vere play; we have brought in a couple of youngsters. North is getting on in years. I really don't see the desired two players for every position defensively. Go figure!

coast

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
Seven more weeks to go.
The quote on Fox Sports news is "Aloisi, who has three vacant visa player spots up his sleeve, intends to add to his squad before the season as he looks to install more depth to his midfield and forward ranks."
Defensively last season we were poor. And again so far in pre-season. We have lost Stef, Polenz and Donachie; have yet to see de Vere play; we have brought in a couple of youngsters. North is getting on in years. I really don't see the desired two players for every position defensively. Go figure!

At some point, the club will have to give up on Devere. 

I note that our losses in pre season appear to feature awful defensive work leading to opposition goals.

mellod

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
We don't have many spots left to cover the positions we need.

Young/Theo

Hingert/Bowles - Devere/Bowles - North/? - Brown/O'Toole

Kristiensen/Pepper

Dimi/Broich                McKay/?

Borello/?                                                              Oar/Broich

Maclaren/Katebian       

Obviously there are the younger guys who may come in (Brady/Rowles), however only JA knows whether they are up to standard. Given what was said in that article, perhaps he is confident that Devere will be fit and that Rowles will be an adequate back up?

Perhaps we will sign a Mid, RW and an established Striker?

coast

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »

Young/Theo

Kristiensen/Pepper

Borello/?                                                              Oar/Broich

Maclaren/Katebian       

Obviously there are the younger guys who may come in (Brady/Rowles), however only JA knows whether they are up to standard. Given what was said in that article, perhaps he is confident that Devere will be fit and that Rowles will be an adequate back up?

Any idea of Katebian's height?  We desperately need a striking option with some height and mass.  Macca's talented, obviously, but he's no use in the air and is easily muscled off the ball.  The option of putting someone with some height and size alongside him would be very desirable.

Why have we always had such short teams?

mellod

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »

Young/Theo

Kristiensen/Pepper

Maclaren/Katebian       

Any idea of Katebian's height?  We desperately need a striking option with some height and mass.  Macca's talented, obviously, but he's no use in the air and is easily muscled off the ball.  The option of putting someone with some height and size alongside him would be very desirable.

Why have we always had such short teams?

Nothing I can find online, but judging by pictures, he is about the 5'10", so a fraction taller (but not really noticeable) than Jamie.

I would also really love if we could finally sign someone who can score goals from a free-kick. Someone like Marinković or Finkler. I never really expect us to score from either corners or free kicks. So many wasted opportunities.

LiverROAR

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 03:15:59 PM »

Given what was said in that article, perhaps he is confident that Devere will be fit and that Rowles will be an adequate back up?

If this is the case we are well and truly shafted this season. Our parallels with Liverpool's defensive woes are far too close for my liking. We shipped too many goals last season and have started in the same vein this season. If JA and RA don't address our defensive frailties we will be cannon fodder throughout the season.

mellod

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »

Given what was said in that article, perhaps he is confident that Devere will be fit and that Rowles will be an adequate back up?

If this is the case we are well and truly shafted this season. Our parallels with Liverpool's defensive woes are far too close for my liking. We shipped too many goals last season and have started in the same vein this season. If JA and RA don't address our defensive frailties we will be cannon fodder throughout the season.

Agreed, and the FFA Cup game against Perth where both goals were conceded due to shoddy defending does not really inspire confidence in the upcoming season. How many spots do we have left in total? 3 visa spots, but do we have any more non-visa spots?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »
We have 3 spots left in the senior squad. Just so happens that these can be foreign players as well.

On a side note, how tall is D'Agostino? If he does come back from his trial OS he's the other obvious striker option at present behind JMac.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:34:10 PM by Finsta »
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

mellod

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »
We have 3 spots left in the senior squad. Just so happens that these can be foreign players as well.

On a side note, how tall is D'Agostino? If he does come back from his trial OS he's the other obvious striker option at present behind JMac.

Once again, can only go off pictures. This picture shows him next to Kolo Toure who is 5'10": http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kolo+Toure+Nicholas+Agostino+Brisbane+Roar+wXWtZDK48Fcl.jpg

Fixer

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »

Young/Theo

Kristiensen/Pepper

Maclaren/Katebian       

Funny we keep bangin on about not having / producing players yet we have 4 at u20s camp in Sydney and Dags over in Belgium .

Chico Raul

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 05:31:47 AM »
SBS report Lose would like to join the A-League
If anything he is (was)  a class above Timmy

Fixer

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 07:12:48 AM »
SBS report Lose would like to join the A-League
If anything he is (was)  a class above Timmy

Klose ?
If so can we get him ? Far better than TC

Fixer

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 08:58:48 AM »
Centre back on the market , Marcus Tulio , 35 yrs old 185cm will qualify as plus 1 for Asian cl , 35 yrs old .
Ideal alongside North and could teach the younger Backs a thing or 2......

LiverROAR

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »
Centre back on the market , Marcus Tulio , 35 yrs old 185cm will qualify as plus 1 for Asian cl , 35 yrs old .
Are JA and CM targeting him or are you offering your scouting skills to the Club to help them through our latest financial crisis? 😜

Fixer

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 10:38:37 AM »
Are JA and CM targeting him or are you offering your scouting skills to the Club to help them through our latest financial crisis? 😜

😂 Just looking at transfer market.com , lots of quality players on there.also CB looks to be our Achilles heel this year .

dobo

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »
Marco Rojas has been let go by Stuttgart. if we want a right wing there is a name i would go after. Klose will be out of our price range, apparently out of SFC's budget even with the ffa backing so will probably be 2 mill +

coast

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Marco Rojas has been let go by Stuttgart. if we want a right wing there is a name i would go after. Klose will be out of our price range, apparently out of SFC's budget even with the ffa backing so will probably be 2 mill +

Wanderers probably feel they don't need him to boost their crowds.  And they don't.  But he would be a good player for them.

On Rojas, would not be surprised to see him end up at Victory again.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203637
  • Total Topics: 7968
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 16
Total: 18