Author Topic: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5  (Read 23400 times)

coast

Re: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2017, 02:05:20 PM »
Just seen a report that McGree is Belgium bound.

Far too early.  Who advises these kids?

miron mercedes

« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »

yeah...not even one whole season under his belt...seems extremely premature.Mind you Yeboah went after only a few games and I think he is doing Ok but he spent a long time on the fringes.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

coast

« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »

yeah...not even one whole season under his belt...seems extremely premature.Mind you Yeboah went after only a few games and I think he is doing Ok but he spent a long time on the fringes.

I don't think it's worked too well for Yeboah.  How many years has he been treading water now?

theoworldwide

« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »
And he's playing 4th division...  time will tell If it will work out  but it doesn't sound promising.

mellod

mellod

Chico Raul

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
Looking at this list I can see why clubs look offshore.
http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/available-a-league-free-agents/1b47zuwv2aqce190896nluhhtj
It's a bit of a weird post though to be on the Perth Official Website. Is that how they do things over in the West?
Recruitment by popular demand!
Apart from Broich is there anyone we would want? And the horse has bolted there.
I think we have already discussed Gameiro Cirio and Holosko? Nordstrand will be 35 before the new season.
Of the group Holosko possibly is of some interest but I really am hoping  for two decent recruits in attack that were mooted courtesy of Craig Moore's travels.
Plus news on JC and Papa. Starting to get worried although not hearing about these two being associated with anyone else I suppose is good news.

coast

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
Looking at this list I can see why clubs look offshore.
http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/available-a-league-free-agents/1b47zuwv2aqce190896nluhhtj
It's a bit of a weird post though to be on the Perth Official Website. Is that how they do things over in the West?
Recruitment by popular demand!
Apart from Broich is there anyone we would want? And the horse has bolted there.
I think we have already discussed Gameiro Cirio and Holosko? Nordstrand will be 35 before the new season.
Of the group Holosko possibly is of some interest but I really am hoping  for two decent recruits in attack that were mooted courtesy of Craig Moore's travels.
Plus news on JC and Papa. Starting to get worried although not hearing about these two being associated with anyone else I suppose is good news.

None of them really appeal to me.  Cirio is done - he never came back the same after Jack Clisby decided to do a Popa put him out of the game and most of the season.  Gameiro such a question mark,  Norstrand not good enough.

Maybe Holosko... but he's not coming back.

Have to see what Moorey brings back in his shopping trolley besides the duty free.

MonteCristo

• Two feet, studs up
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
Dimi confirmed to Jets on a 2 year deal: http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/dimi-deal-petratos-pens-two-season-jets-contract/1oz8e4s4lh4k71w83bkgugbkw7

"Newcastle is the only current team in the Hyundai A-League that I haven?t scored against. Now that I have come here I kind of feel like it is my home. Now I won?t be able to score against the Jets, only for them."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease score an own goal.

Chico Raul

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
Topor-Stanley going to Jets.
Did I hear the Fox guys say Kruse going to Portugal?

Herbielives

« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »
Cheer up lads

We've signed a 35 year old so far

All is looking good
 :-\

Paolo

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »
Is that better than a 36 years old !!

;D ;D

Herbielives

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »
Paola, they haven't finished shopping yet mate. 36 year old could be on the cards.  Sadly it won't be Thomas though.
More Likely a Spanish has been knowing JA's form.

coast

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »
I still would like to know exactly what happened with Thomas.  Given what we're seeing, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm wondering if Thomas had a falling out with the coaches.  I'm struggling to find any other explanation.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
I still would like to know exactly what happened with Thomas.  Given what we're seeing, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm wondering if Thomas had a falling out with the coaches.  I'm struggling to find any other explanation.
I think Thomas was at the point where he wasn't liking the change in direction the club was going and he was either gonna start speaking publicly and kickstart bad blood OR leave and move on with no hurt feelings between himself and the club.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

mellod

« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
Paola, they haven't finished shopping yet mate. 36 year old could be on the cards.  Sadly it won't be Thomas though.

That seems a little unfair. Sure, Arana an Hervas were duds, but I think Maclaren, Caletti, Avraam, Corona, Kristensen make up for it. Every coach makes bad signings. It would make things a lot easier if they had some magical telescope to look into the future and see how these signings would perform.

I don't understand why people seem to think it is easy to find an amazing under 30 year old player from a top league who is willing to come to the A-League and play for way less money than is available elsewhere.

gooseman22

« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2017, 07:43:15 AM »

That seems a little unfair. Sure, Arana an Hervas were duds, but I think Maclaren, Caletti, Avraam, Corona, Kristensen make up for it. Every coach makes bad signings. It would make things a lot easier if they had some magical telescope to look into the future and see how these signings would perform.

I don't understand why people seem to think it is easy to find an amazing under 30 year old player from a top league who is willing to come to the A-League and play for way less money than is available elsewhere.
Agree...I think Thomas Broich - a high quality, under 30s player,  seeking to reignite his passion in the game and prepared to travel halfway across the world to do that - spoiled us. Now there is almost an expectation that there are "Thomas Broichs" everywhere.
You have to dig a lot of dud holes, to find a single gold nugget.

coast

« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »

Agree...I think Thomas Broich - a high quality, under 30s player,  seeking to reignite his passion in the game and prepared to travel halfway across the world to do that - spoiled us. Now there is almost an expectation that there are "Thomas Broichs" everywhere.
You have to dig a lot of dud holes, to find a single gold nugget.

Agree. Signing Thomas then Berisha was akin to winning Lotto - twice!

Herbielives

« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
Vince Rugari tweeting Tommy Oar to APOEL

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
Galekovic unveiled by Melbourne City. 2 year deal.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205400
  • Total Topics: 8049