Author Topic: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5  (Read 25002 times)

mellod

theoworldwide

Re: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2017, 11:38:21 PM »
Mauk back to city.

mellod

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »
Apparently Troisi re-signing with Victory: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/james-troisi-set-to-resign-with-melbourne-victory-after-almost-moving-to-archrivals/news-story/b2c0e505654da652f7fb037a13ae8e61

The Herald Sun understands Troisi completed a medical with City on Monday and was set to sign a contract to become the club?s second marquee player on Wednesday, but never fronted to its Bundoora headquarters. Instead he met with Victory officials, where a two-year contract was formalised, with the club?s interest heightened after losing Marco Rojas.

This guy is an absolute clown.

theoworldwide

« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2017, 09:03:35 AM »
Sounds like he played the market and got the contract he wanted

mellod

« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2017, 10:10:34 AM »
Sounds like he played the market and got the contract he wanted

He was wanting $1 million a year, and Victory wouldn't be paying that.

coast

« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2017, 12:04:20 PM »
According to reports, Victory offered $30,000 more than City.  Can't recall the exact figure but it was under $600k on a one year deal inside the cap.

Frankly, I think City can find a much better player for their money.  Troisi doesn't score nearly enough goals for a 10.

mellod

« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »
According to reports, Victory offered $30,000 more than City.  Can't recall the exact figure but it was under $600k on a one year deal inside the cap.

Frankly, I think City can find a much better player for their money.  Troisi doesn't score nearly enough goals for a 10.

He is also extremely selfish and 9 times out of 10 will choose to rocket a shot into row Z rather than make a pass to another player.

coast

« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »

Agree. mellod.  I think City just dodged a bullet.  They have the cash to access a more effective player as a marquee.

He is also extremely selfish and 9 times out of 10 will choose to rocket a shot into row Z rather than make a pass to another player.

mellod

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
Mariners have signed a Spanish striker Asdr?bal: http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/mariners-sign-spanish-striker-asdrubal/1m68if5uw5fx71m8nrvf0zj0l1

Almost an opposite of our Maccarone signing (although likely on much less money). He is in his prime years, but has less experience, is less known and less proven. Will be interesting to see how they compare over the season.

theoworldwide

« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/07/26/carrusca-considering-league-options

JA and moore have f**k all likelyhood of signing anyone who isn't an undesirable (too old, too injury prone etc) so I'd imagine we have an offer in for him.

BrynFC

« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/07/26/carrusca-considering-league-options

JA and moore have f**k all likelyhood of signing anyone who isn't an undesirable (too old, too injury prone etc) so I'd imagine we have an offer in for him.

Of course we have put an offer in.

he is 33, JA will get excited, as its just in his recruiting age bracket  >:(

gooseman22

« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »

Of course we have put an offer in.

he is 33, JA will get excited, as its just in his recruiting age bracket  >:(

Too young. Not enough experience.

theoworldwide

« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »
I wouldnt mind him. Rotating holman and carusca could negate their weaknesses. Holman....endurance. carusca ....motivation. RW isn't super important to us imo.... player daggers there ... he needs a push

Chico Raul

« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
I wouldnt mind him. Rotating holman and carusca could negate their weaknesses. Holman....endurance. carusca ....motivation. RW isn't super important to us imo.... player daggers there ... he needs a push
Carrusca certainly has great skills and still has a bit to offer.
If we are going with 3 4 2 1 which Dobo has posted would look something like this (which I think makes sense):
    Devere, Papa, North
Hingert TK Mckay/Caletti Brown
         Holman     FBK
                Macarone
then I am just not sure how we can use him.  If he only gets a bit part sharing with Holman, I don't think that will satisfy him, although I can see the logic.
If the plan is to revert to 4 3 3 on occasions, Corey Gameiro certainly gives us an option at RW. As per Dobo's post. Not Carrusca. And if Gameiro is injured, then options are Brady or Ingham. So I agree with Theo. Unless a we get a standout RW knocking on the door, I am starting to think we won't be bringing in another RW. 
I can't see Carussca coming.   

theoworldwide

« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2017, 11:57:58 PM »
Honestly I don't think we have the players to play 3 4 2 1. But most importantly. ..we don't have the right coach.  JA has shown limited strategy besides CA and parking the bus. Or has he?

Ange's struggles with the formation showed it requires the right mix of players. Fast. The endurance to track back quickly and close down created as the back 3 are streached...and for 90 minutes. Having 2 youthful wingback isn't enough to make this work. From what I can tell. at least from how I understand the formation..a dm quicker than TK would be needed I think
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:02:38 AM by theoworldwide »

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2017, 12:19:18 AM »
What I saw when Ange's adventure starting to pay off was the other team struggling to manage 5 to 7 attackers appearing at the edge of their box, when they only had 5 defenders ready.
It's another phase in tactics, and quick adopters will benefit. If we can get to the middle of the season with the capability of playing two different systems depending on the opponent, I will be happy. Essentially every team has been lining up the same for the last ten seasons, and a little switch up will make things interesting. John may also be getting some tips from Ange, or at least doing enough study to prepare himself for the change.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

miron mercedes

« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2017, 07:35:49 AM »
Honestly I don't think we have the players to play 3 4 2 1. But most importantly. ..we don't have the right coach.  JA has shown limited strategy besides CA and parking the bus. Or has he?

Ange's struggles with the formation showed it requires the right mix of players. Fast. The endurance to track back quickly and close down created as the back 3 are streached...and for 90 minutes. Having 2 youthful wingback isn't enough to make this work. From what I can tell. at least from how I understand the formation..a dm quicker than TK would be needed I think

Ange struggled because he has his players for only a few weeks a year and all those players spend most of the year playing completely differing styles.
A club coach has his players for 45 weeks a year  . JA has a lot longer to adjust his players to a new style .
I think too that people often forget that coaches are always learning . JA is a young relatively inexperienced coach. He will evolve and develop as he goes .
No coach is ever the finished product .
If JA can continue to develop and also keep us in the top three,I will be pretty happy with him.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Chico Raul

« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

Ange struggled because he has his players for only a few weeks a year and all those players spend most of the year playing completely differing styles.
A club coach has his players for 45 weeks a year  . JA has a lot longer to adjust his players to a new style .
I think too that people often forget that coaches are always learning . JA is a young relatively inexperienced coach. He will evolve and develop as he goes .
No coach is ever the finished product .
If JA can continue to develop and also keep us in the top three,I will be pretty happy with him.
I think that is right plus at the international level the  margin for error is very low. Get something slightly wrong and you will be punished.
25 years ago when my kids were involved in Brisbane North Rep sides, the standard was 3 - 5 -2. Within the 5 there were two defensive mids and two wide mids getting up and down the line. The fifth mid was more advanced in an attacking position linking the mids and the two attackers. In that sense you could say 3 - 4 - 1 - 2. And in the back 3, one was a sweeper. The difference with 3 - 4 - 2 - 1 is we are just flattening the back three, and dropping a striker into a deeper position. Am I missing the finer points?
Emphasis was on  possession and keeping the ball.
If BN still do this then Corey Brown should be right at home. Either way, they should adapt quickly.
Anyway, the boys trained like this with rep and 4-4-2 with club, and went ok.

theoworldwide

« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
>> No coach is ever the finished product .
>> If JA can continue to develop and also keep us in the top three,I will be pretty happy with him.

Yeah true, that is the key caveat then. Not sure he'd have to balls to risk his job if it backfired though. He strikes me more as a pragmatist then a cowboy.

Chico, I like the idea of 2 dms....glad we kept north.

coast

« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
Carrusca certainly has great skills and still has a bit to offer.
If we are going with 3 4 2 1 which Dobo has posted would look something like this (which I think makes sense):
    Devere, Papa, North
Hingert TK Mckay/Caletti Brown
         Holman     FBK
                Macarone
then I am just not sure how we can use him.  If he only gets a bit part sharing with Holman, I don't think that will satisfy him, although I can see the logic.
If the plan is to revert to 4 3 3 on occasions, Corey Gameiro certainly gives us an option at RW. As per Dobo's post. Not Carrusca. And if Gameiro is injured, then options are Brady or Ingham. So I agree with Theo. Unless a we get a standout RW knocking on the door, I am starting to think we won't be bringing in another RW. 
I can't see Carussca coming.   

CR, I think we can assume that McKay will start ahead of JK, so that gives us a starting 11 like this (ages in Feb 2018):

Theo           37
Hinget   27
Papa           33
Brown    24
North   36
TK           34
McKay   35
Devere   28
Holman   33
Kalflallah   35
Maccarone   38

That's an average of 33.8.  Surely the oldest first 11 in the A  League's history.  I really have no idea what goes on in JA's head.

A team with 8 of their 11 players 33 or over is not going to challenge for anything. Holman will be 34 before the season ends.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:39:15 PM by coast »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205853
  • Total Topics: 8080
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 36