Author Topic: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5  (Read 20038 times)

coast

Re: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »
Galekovic unveiled by Melbourne City. 2 year deal.

Bouzanis to no 2?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
Galekovic unveiled by Melbourne City. 2 year deal.

Bouzanis to no 2?
I'd say so. Sorensen has gone home.
Bouzanis is 26 so I'd imagine he'd not be super happy with Galekovic (36) coming in.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

gooseman22

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
Vince Rugari tweeting Tommy Oar to APOEL
Get Thomas Broich's number and offer him another year as marquee!!!!

Chico Raul

« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »
Google Translate is struggling with this one for me.
As far as I can see APOEL are looking for an attacker. The new coach knows Tommy from the time together.
As far as I can tell from the article the fact Tommy is contracted to us is an obstacle. I can't find one that says that Roar and APOEL have reached agreement.
But it literally is Greek to me and Google Translate not doing very well. 
I am first to admit total ignorance about Cypriot football, and on that basis, would not see it as enhancing Tommy's career.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »
As far as I can see APOEL are looking for an attacker. The new coach knows Tommy from the time together.
As far as I can tell from the article the fact Tommy is contracted to us is an obstacle. I can't find one that says that Roar and APOEL have reached agreement.
I am first to admit total ignorance about Cypriot football, and on that basis, would not see it as enhancing Tommy's career.

Post the Greek text and I'll have a read.

theoworldwide

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
I think it depends on money.... oar is so out of contention for the roos that I think he'll move for money but only if it's enough to give up the cushy security of his current marque deal.

Personally I'd love to see him move on and we try our luck at recruiting another marquee player. Losing oar would be as good as re-signing broich for me.

Chico Raul

« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »

have a look around these links. There is a comment from someone called Lou saying it is all about sorted and  Tommy on his way for a medical.
http://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/kypros/a-katigoria/apoel/goal-ke-stin-afstralia/
https://twitter.com/goal_cy/status/874730107432308736
With FBK already there it would be quite workable IMO to have Thomas Broich and FBK as our left wing options for next season if Tommy goes. Will it ever happen?

Paolo

« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2017, 02:00:32 PM »
my impression was that TB left because he wanted to leave at the moment, I really can't see him return for now...

Chico Raul

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2017, 02:44:30 PM »

have a look around these links. There is a comment from someone called Lou saying it is all about sorted and  Tommy on his way for a medical.
http://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/kypros/a-katigoria/apoel/goal-ke-stin-afstralia/
With FBK already there it would be quite workable IMO to have Thomas Broich and FBK as our left wing options for next season if Tommy goes. Will it ever happen?

http://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/kypros/a-katigoria/apoel/gyrizi-i-bilia-gia-ton-tomi-oar/
Update from 9:20 on 17th. Sounds like Tommy is on the wish list, but not there yet.
My take on it is that Tommy will be disappointed that his season at Roar for one reason or another has not resulted in him returning to the Socceroo team.
I would think that he is desperate to play again for the Socceroos and the WC in particular.
I was initially unsure if this is a good move for Tommy, but a move to the Cyprus champions and the prospect of Champions League football is most likely an offer which he can't refuse and with Ange's preference for players playing in overseas leagues, quite attractive.

spongebob

« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2017, 09:05:29 PM »

http://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/kypros/a-katigoria/apoel/gyrizi-i-bilia-gia-ton-tomi-oar/
Update from 9:20 on 17th. Sounds like Tommy is on the wish list, but not there yet.
My take on it is that Tommy will be disappointed that his season at Roar for one reason or another has not resulted in him returning to the Socceroo team.
I would think that he is desperate to play again for the Socceroos and the WC in particular.
I was initially unsure if this is a good move for Tommy, but a move to the Cyprus champions and the prospect of Champions League football is most likely an offer which he can't refuse and with Ange's preference for players playing in overseas leagues, quite attractive.
[/quote
I'll give one reason why his move to Brisbane hasn't resulted in a socceroos call up - he hasn't been good enough. Its not the club he is playing for that is the problem its how he is playing for the club]

Chico Raul

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2017, 09:38:08 PM »

[/quote
I'll give one reason why his move to Brisbane hasn't resulted in a socceroos call up - he hasn't been good enough. Its not the club he is playing for that is the problem its how he is playing for the club]

Yes. He seemed promising when he first came, but then really looked out of sorts after he was injured. But I think he has aspirations the make the WC all the same.

theoworldwide

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
Is the cyprus league good enough in anges eyes to springboard oar into the roos?

I remember JA told maclaren not to play there for that very reason.

Chico Raul

« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »
Is the cyprus league good enough in anges eyes to springboard oar into the roos?

I remember JA told maclaren not to play there for that very reason.
I think there is Champions League football and Tommy may be hoping for a good show there.
Roary has now posted a separate post on the topic

Chico Raul

« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »
Nick Ansell off to Portugal.

Chico Raul

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
Danny Vukovic is on the verge of joining Belgian club KRC Genk.
Sydney are losing a cornerstone of their successful team. So Redmayne may step up but I would think Arnie will be looking for replacement. 
The way things are going at Roar I wouldn't be surprised if JA gives Jamie away. Jamie must be getting a bit sick of playing second fiddle.

coast

« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2017, 04:46:01 PM »
Vidosic or Kruse to Brisbane?

Vidosic isn't a marquee player, but he could do a job.  Another player who never quite went on with it.  Very like Oar.

Chico Raul

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »
Vidosic or Kruse to Brisbane?

Vidosic isn't a marquee player, but he could do a job.  Another player who never quite went on with it.  Very like Oar.
I have said a few times that I am a huge Robbie Kruse fan, but I know there are a few amongst us who disagree. Some people don't like his attitude, but that is something which actually I really like.
But I reckon he is show casing his skills in Russia. Although someone on Fox mentioned Portugal.
He got good wraps in the Germany game and maybe will have done himself a few favours and reminded a few people in germany that he is still about.
If we could get him, I would be really pleased. 
I am not convinced about Dario, and not sure what his contract status is in Korea.
As a Brisbane Southside boy he may be interested in an A League stint nearer home, although with his Dad just joining the Phoenix he might want to join him.
Dario is another one I went to watch when I was overseas and saw him come on and score a goal at Duisburg. But he just didn't seem to fulfill the promise. 

theoworldwide

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:31 PM »
Kruse has ruled out a hal return

mellod

« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
Nichols has gone back to Perth.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
Nichols has gone back to Perth.