Author Topic: UAE v Australia - WCQ - 07/09/2016  (Read 1547 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
UAE v Australia - WCQ - 07/09/2016
« on: September 07, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
What a great result!

Under extreme pressure in relation to the conditions, who else but Timmy slotted the vital goal to get us the 3 points. Great start to our campaign. 2 from 2!!

We've got Saudi Arabia away on Oct 6 and Japan at home on Oct 11.

Incidentally Saudi Arabia are 2 wins from 2 games as well. Beat Thailand 1-0 at home and then last night beat Iraq 2-1 away from home.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Septic Bladder

Re: UAE v Australia - WCQ - 07/09/2016
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
Ange looked like he was in a wet T Shirt competition.

We looked to be in full control most of match. Would love to know how much weight the players lost by the end.

How annoying was that Arabic singing on the PA system!

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »
I only watched the first half. UAE looked to be playing an away match.

Iraq played their "home" game in Malaysia. I can't see them getting too many wins in this campaign.
Japan is hanging on with their fingernails and will be desperate to get a win in Melbourne.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

FireBlades19

• The Best is yet to come.....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
good start. but we have to build on this and continue this form into the confed cup....

Leftbackwing

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
I have only seen the highlights on the news, but it was a rather majestic double handed push in the back from timmy to leave him unmarked in the box ready for a tap in...

Having said that, go Straya!!!

coast

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:31:24 PM »
Stayed up and watched. Knackered today but glad I did.  Excellent game.   The boys did brilliantly.

theoworldwide

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
Loved the atmosphere of that game. Was surreal.

I'm excited for the Japan game. Might watch it at a Japanese restaurant, their fans are great.

miron mercedes

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »
I take it that to get in to a UAE match you have a choice of clothing colour of white ,white or ...white 
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

theoworldwide

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »
You'll need a towel as well.

LiverROAR

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 10:51:45 PM »
And a penis.

Leftbackwing

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 06:41:46 AM »
Really? A towel - why would you need a towel?  It might be funny to say because it will be hot and sweaty and you'll need it to wipe the sweat off, but I actually think you are just being a maggot racist piece of shit.

miron mercedes

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
Really? A towel - why would you need a towel?  It might be funny to say because it will be hot and sweaty and you'll need it to wipe the sweat off, but I actually think you are just being a maggot racist piece of shit.

wow ...overreaction much ? Yeah maybe a little non PC and maybe worth a gentle nudge .....but hardly worth that reaction .
BTW UAE citizens are generally the same race as most Australians ie caucasian , so "racist" is the wrong term...."bigoted" is more appropriate when addressing aversions to differing cultures religions and creeds. 😉

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Leftbackwing

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »

wow ...overreaction much ? Yeah maybe a little non PC and maybe worth a gentle nudge .....but hardly worth that reaction .
BTW UAE citizens are generally the same race as most Australians ie caucasian , so "racist" is the wrong term...."bigoted" is more appropriate when addressing aversions to differing cultures religions and creeds. 😉

Yeah thanks for the feedback Imperial Wizard...

coast

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 03:45:45 PM »

LWB, I do agree that the towel was an unnecessary and silly - not mention wearily unoriginal -  comment but "maggot racist piece of shit" is rather like hitting a mouse with a nuclear strike because it's under the fridge.

miron mercedes

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »

....just keep digging ....your comment  "Imperial Wizard" is childish and irrelevant ....obviously you are simply trying to point score. I am not interested in playing that game.
Try calming down your filthy language and agro manner and maybe people will listen to your comments .

Leftbackwing

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 06:10:59 PM »

....just keep digging ....your comment  "Imperial Wizard" is childish and irrelevant ....obviously you are simply trying to point score. I am not interested in playing that game.
Try calming down your filthy language and agro manner and maybe people will listen to your comments .

Calm down?  You lot are a laugh.  I wake up to find someone on my football club's fan forum deriding my ancestry, making me feel like a worthless shit and a second class citizen before I even get out of bed.  I call it out and get told I'm the problem?  Wtf?  I'm not the one defending racism/bigotry/discrimination/call it what you want.

Apologies for the imperial wizard comment, it was either that or call you a Chelsea fan.

And let's face it lads, racism is racism, just like rape is rape.  If some one raped your mum...... but just a little bit, that's ok.

Maybe a moderator should step in here.  Oh, hang on.... 

I'm out

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »
Chill out gentlemen.

First and foremost lets get away from slandering each other.

We all agree tha Theoworldwide should've not posted what he did but beyond that everyone has their own opinion on it and that's fine. Let's not deride fellow forum members for their point of views though.

Theoworldwide - Please refrain from comments like the one that set off this thread derailment in future.

Cheers
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2048
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204766
  • Total Topics: 8012