Author Topic: MacLaren to WSW!  (Read 2296 times)

Septic Bladder

Re: MacLaren to WSW!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:19:15 AM »
Brisbane finding their niche as feeeder club for The Big Clubs

fulltilt

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:56:24 AM »
Surely they do this to generate some tension for the game. When we played Adelaide they printed that there were rumours that the Aloisi' bros were in the frame for a move to Adelaide.

miron mercedes

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »
that article is 5 days old...
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Septic Bladder

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:37:04 PM »

Chico Raul

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 08:34:48 PM »

...so?
I can't see WSW or any other A-League team getting Macca during the season while under contract, but SBS are running an article that Stoke City are interested.
I assume his contract would allow this to happen during the transfer window. Although I would think it a big mistake for Macca.
If he goes now, then we have an an even bigger problem, given our already low strike rate.
But it does give Macca an extra incentive v Sydney FC on Friday.

Kingy

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 10:00:43 PM »

...so?

I can't see WSW or any other A-League team getting Macca during the season while under contract, but SBS are running an article that Stoke City are interested.
I assume his contract would allow this to happen during the transfer window. Although I would think it a big mistake for Macca.
If he goes now, then we have an an even bigger problem, given our already low strike rate.

Stoke City reportedly 'table a bid' for Maclaren

Speculation on the future of Brisbane Roar striker Jamie Maclaren has taken an intriguing twist with a report out of England claiming Premier League club Stoke City has "tabled a bid" for him.
By Greg Prichard
28 DEC 2016 - 7:11 PM  UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

The eyefootball.com website is reporting: "Stoke City have tabled a bid for Australian international striker Jamie Maclaren. The forward is amongst three players who are on the radar of Stoke manager Mark Hughes for a transfer in the January transfer window."

Stoke, who scored first before losing 4-1 to Liverpool at Anfield overnight, are only slightly below mid-table in 13th place, but struggle to score goals. They have 20 from 18 games.

The eyefootball.com report said Stoke City were "desperate to bring in attacking talent" with Hughes having "lost faith" in his existing strike-force.

Asked about the report and whether Stoke had approached him with an offer for Maclaren, the player's manager, Paddy Dominguez, told The World Game: "The article and the story is complete news to Jamie and I.

"I can only assume that if there is any credibility to the article it would be that Stoke have contacted Brisbane directly."

The World Game approached the Brisbane club to ask if it was in a position to make any comment on the story and whether the club had received an offer from Stoke City and was prepared to confirm that.

Aloisi believes Maclaren should stick with A-League
Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi says there's been no word from Jamie Maclaren on outside interest but believes the striker needs at least one more season in the A-League before taking his career overseas.
A spokesperson for the club provided this response: "Until the club is contacted in any official form we will not make any comment."

Back home, there have also recently been rumours that Western Sydney Wanderers were interested in elevating Maclaren to marquee status with a big offer for next season.

But there must now be a huge doubt about whether Maclaren will continue in the A-League beyond this season.

He will turn 24 on July 29 and even if there is no move agreed upon in the upcoming transfer window he is at that age where if he is going to try his luck in Europe he can't afford to wait much longer.

Plus, Brisbane and Maclaren are clearly coming from a long way apart in their own negotiations, since Dominguez, in late November, reacted to the Roar's initial offer by declaring: "It's a disgusting offer, and it's highly disrespectful. He'd be the lowest paid of any of the top strikers in the A-League."

Brisbane could obviously negotiate a big transfer fee for Maclaren if they released him overseas in the January window, but if he left at the end of the season when his contract was up he would be a free agent.

Maclaren, who scored 18 goals in 25 games last season and subsequently broke into the Socceroos squad, has shown his mental strength by not letting the speculation over his future distract him. He has scored four goals in his last six games and has six in 11 this season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/12/28/stoke-city-reportedly-table-bid-maclaren

miron mercedes

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »

...so?

Speculation on the future of Brisbane Roar striker Jamie Maclaren has taken an intriguing twist with a report out of England claiming Premier League club Stoke City has "tabled a bid" for him.
By Greg Prichard

The eyefootball.com website is reporting: "Stoke City have tabled a bid for Australian international striker Jamie Maclaren. The forward is amongst three players who are on the radar of Stoke manager Mark Hughes for a transfer in the January transfer window."

Stoke, who scored first before losing 4-1 to Liverpool at Anfield overnight, are only slightly below mid-table in 13th place, but struggle to score goals. They have 20 from 18 games.

The eyefootball.com report said Stoke City were "desperate to bring in attacking talent" with Hughes having "lost faith" in his existing strike-force.

Asked about the report and whether Stoke had approached him with an offer for Maclaren, the player's manager, Paddy Dominguez, told The World Game: "The article and the story is complete news to Jamie and I.

"I can only assume that if there is any credibility to the article it would be that Stoke have contacted Brisbane directly."

The World Game approached the Brisbane club to ask if it was in a position to make any comment on the story and whether the club had received an offer from Stoke City and was prepared to confirm that.

Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi says there's been no word from Jamie Maclaren on outside interest but believes the striker needs at least one more season in the A-League before taking his career overseas.
A spokesperson for the club provided this response: "Until the club is contacted in any official form we will not make any comment."

Back home, there have also recently been rumours that Western Sydney Wanderers were interested in elevating Maclaren to marquee status with a big offer for next season.

But there must now be a huge doubt about whether Maclaren will continue in the A-League beyond this season.

He will turn 24 on July 29 and even if there is no move agreed upon in the upcoming transfer window he is at that age where if he is going to try his luck in Europe he can't afford to wait much longer.

Plus, Brisbane and Maclaren are clearly coming from a long way apart in their own negotiations, since Dominguez, in late November, reacted to the Roar's initial offer by declaring: "It's a disgusting offer, and it's highly disrespectful. He'd be the lowest paid of any of the top strikers in the A-League."

Brisbane could obviously negotiate a big transfer fee for Maclaren if they released him overseas in the January window, but if he left at the end of the season when his contract was up he would be a free agent.

Maclaren, who scored 18 goals in 25 games last season and subsequently broke into the Socceroos squad, has shown his mental strength by not letting the speculation over his future distract him. He has scored four goals in his last six games and has six in 11 this season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/12/28/stoke-city-reportedly-table-bid-maclaren

Call me sceptical but I can't see McLaren scoring much in the Premier League. He is one dimensional . (My saying this pretty much guarantees he will be a success). 
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

coast

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »

...so?

By Greg Prichard

Call me sceptical but I can't see McLaren scoring much in the Premier League. He is one dimensional . (My saying this pretty much guarantees he will be a success). 

Agree.  Nowhere near Premier League standard at this point. His finishing this season has been awful.  Suspect he would come up short in the very physical Championship too.  A more technical league like Holland would be a better option.

theoworldwide

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
Yeah epl is a joke. So is this his agent creating buzz?

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:48 PM »
I just did a brief search on one Paddy Dominguez.
He seems to have caused a few disasters. Must be a very nice guy in the flesh.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:41:57 PM by Orange Emperoar »
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Terroarist

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »
Interesting to see that Aloisi was a client of Paddy's...

** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

Chico Raul

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
With WSW swapping Antonis in for Bullit I think the speculation from that corner will ease off now.
I still think the best thing  for Macca is to stay until the end of the season but there will still be speculation around Macca. The best thing for him to do is keep scoring.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »
Babalj trialling with WSW. He's the type of striker we need to complement Macca.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

theoworldwide

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »
Really hope Babalj stays injury free and can get his career back on track. Sounds like he is trying his best with self finded rehab in Europe. I think Poppa is the coach he needs. I'd say Babalj will be on min wages

mellod

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »
Just reading over the article posted on the A-League website around the golden boot race. Bes and Fornaroli currently on 10 goals each. Rojas on 9 (with 7 assists!). Krishna on 7. Jamie is tied with Santalab, O'Donovan and Ninkovic on 6.

Interesting when his agent was talking about him needing to be paid the same as the other top strikers in the league. He definitely isn't scoring goals like the other top strikers in the league.

I know we have had some supply issues, but he has also had the highest number of total shots (35) of any player in the league. Yet he has only converted 6 (including 1 pen?). Had he converted another 4 to match Bes or Fornaroli, some of those draws could have been wins and we could have been a lot closer to Sydney on the table.

I'm sure as a striker Aloisi is hugely aware of these missed chances and making sure the club is taking that into consideration when negotiating for his next contract. At the moment, I think his value has diminished a lot since the end of last season.

theoworldwide

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
If we had a bes or fornaroli we would probably have double the goals we have now and in first.

theoworldwide

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
Mckay hinted in an article today that macclaren will follow the money, maybe not a bad thing for him to be replaced (if only buying strikers were easy). We need a striker who can match Jamie on the counter but also have non counter attributes. I.e. hold the ball against strong defenders, aerial ability and.. something key that only players like the above 2 can do well, beat defenders 1v1 to create shooting opportunites for themselves

BrynFC

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:57 PM »
Mckay hinted in an article today that macclaren will follow the money, maybe not a bad thing for him to be replaced (if only buying strikers were easy). We need a striker who can match Jamie on the counter but also have non counter attributes. I.e. hold the ball against strong defenders, aerial ability and.. something key that only players like the above 2 can do well, beat defenders 1v1 to create shooting opportunites for themselves

Sounds like we need two players for that role, Its going to be hard to find a good forward with those attributes..

It's in Jamie best interest to play at a higher level and improve, i'm happy for him to move on to a better league, i won't be happy if its China.

But I'd rather him leave for free at the end of the season, if it means finals football for us...., plus its hard to play hardball, when a player can leave on a free in 5 months, his agent knows this.

I just don't think we can replace him this transfer window... plus game time in A League will help him develop more and give us time to find a replacement... even if we got a fee for Jamie, the club most likey has $0 for a transfer fee for a new forward that is under contract.

theoworldwide

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »
Yeah fair points.

Seems we've only had successful australian defenders in China...A pattern he should think about. 

If he's thinking of moving he should sign a contract with a get out anytime clause. That way we can get a tiny something. Even 50k is better then nothing for the club.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1