Author Topic: Kristensen re-signs  (Read 608 times)

mellod

Kristensen re-signs
« on: January 16, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
From member's mail.

Our Great Dane signs on Danish midfielder Thomas Kristensen has signed a new contract committing his future to Brisbane Roar FC following a standout start to his Hyundai A-League career.

Kristensen has played a key role in Brisbane?s campaign so far and is enjoying life Down Under in his maiden season in Australia.

With his future now sorted Kristensen is determined to keep working hard and helping the side be successful this season.

?I?m really pleased to commit my future to Brisbane, it was an easy decision,? Kristensen said.

?It?s nice for myself and my family to know where our future lies, the focus now is to continue to perform well in the remaining Hyundai A-league matches.?

?In football, you have good and bad spells but I believe in what we are doing and I know that this group can be successful if we work hard for it.?

The 11-time Danish International signed for the Roar during the off-season and has slotted seamlessly into the Roar set-up and style of play. His combination at the base of midfield with Captain Matt McKay has drawn praise from Head Coach John Aloisi.

With a big month of football ahead Football Director Craig Moore was pleased to tie up Kristensen on a long-term contract.

?From day one Thomas has embraced the Roar style of play and shown strong leadership both on and off the park.?
?We are very pleased that he has committed his future to the Club.?

?BRFC are always wanting to retain our best players and develop a group of footballers that can challenge for trophies, we believe Kristensen will play an important part in helping reach these goals.?

Kristensen has been an impassable wall in front of the Roar back four, making the most tackles in the Hyundai A-League whilst also leading the team in interceptions.
After showing his prowess off the ball, Brisbane?s Danish midfielder has also shown an eye for goal, scoring four times including a brace against Adelaide United at Suncorp Stadium last December.

Kristensen?s leadership and experience will be important for not only the side?s run into the Hyundai A-League Finals but also the upcoming AFC Asian Champions League qualifier later this month in Brisbane.

The Roar travel to New Zealand to face Wellington Phoenix on Saturday, 21 January at Westpac Stadium. Kick-off 4:35pm (QLD Time).

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Kristensen re-signs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
2 year contract I've been told.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

BrynFC

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »

Thats great if thats the case, two years to build around him, find a McKay replacement before start of next season (McKay and replacement sharing the role. and a then a young back up to learn from and replace Kristensen.

Now, who are we going to sign as our main forward for next year ::)

Chico Raul

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »
Great news.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »

Thats great if thats the case, two years to build around him, find a McKay replacement before start of next season (McKay and replacement sharing the role. and a then a young back up to learn from and replace Kristensen.

I suggested Ben Liftin as a recruit for forward, but as pointed out he is more of an attacking midfielder. How would he go as the McKay replacement, I wonder.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

dobo

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »

I suggested Ben Liftin as a recruit for forward, but as pointed out he is more of an attacking midfielder. How would he go as the McKay replacement, I wonder.

Word from the Pheonix fans is that Litfin struggled to even get time with their youths/reserves and when he did looked out of his depth. I dont think he would be a wise pick up, that is 2 sets of coaches he has failed to impress, probably not ever going to be up to a-league standard.

BrynFC

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:55 PM »
I seriously think we should look at State NPL around the country to find a promising youngster and give them a go and give them a chance.

No point in grabbing a player that hasn't made it in the A League, we have signed other unneeded players such as Pepper,  but there is no point if they couldn't make it in two different A League teams.

having said that JA doesn't appear to believe in unknown youth, so i'm just typing away for no reason...

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203040
  • Total Topics: 7951
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 19
Total: 25