Author Topic: Roar midfielder Dimitri Petratos signs with Newcastle Jets  (Read 2192 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Roar midfielder Dimitri Petratos signs with Newcastle Jets
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
Great business by the club if this comes off.

By leaving this way we should be receiving a transfer fee whereas his move to the Jets would've been of no value to us.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

kb55

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
Under the terms of the deal, agreed by all parties, Brisbane will sell Petratos for an undisclosed transfer fee, and Newcastle will receive a share of that as compensation for agreeing to let the player rescind his contract.

kb55

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
Had Petratos played for the Roar on Wednesday night, he would have been unavailable for Ulsan Hyundai?s own Champions League campaign.

He made the decision to accept Ulsan Hyundai?s offer after talks with Roar coach John Aloisi and the club?s football director Craig Moore.

It?s understood the Roar and the Jets will split the six-figure transfer fee.

Petratos? departure means the Roar will have only six rather than the permitted seven substitutes on the bench against Shanghai Shenhua.

theoworldwide

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
What's the chance of Petratos doing well in Korea?  I can't think of a aussie midfielder doing well consistently in Asia

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
Had Petratos played for the Roar on Wednesday night, he would have been unavailable for Ulsan Hyundai?s own Champions League campaign.

He made the decision to accept Ulsan Hyundai?s offer after talks with Roar coach John Aloisi and the club?s football director Craig Moore.

It?s understood the Roar and the Jets will split the six-figure transfer fee.

Petratos? departure means the Roar will have only six rather than the permitted seven substitutes on the bench against Shanghai Shenhua.
Sounds like a fair and comfortable solution for everyone involved.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

BrynFC

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:12 PM »
Show me the Money$$$$$$$$$

Good deal for the club, even if we have give 50% to the Jets, win win for both clubs

denzele

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
So all that talk about wanting to be closer to the family it's crap . 🤑🤑

theoworldwide

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
Vidosic and Thwaite are now free agents.

Vidosic could be good. We need creativity in AM.

Chico Raul

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »
Decisions Decisions!
This should mean there is cash available to offer Macca an improved contract, but we are also first team player down going into the pointy end and beyond.
Dario would be an option. 29 years old. Local boy. I saw an article make mention of Adelaide though.
Adelaide have the ACL. We are still a maybe in that respect.
But does he really want to be part of a wooden spoon struggle at Adelaide as oppose to Finals at Roar?.

dobo

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »
Decisions Decisions!
This should mean there is cash available to offer Macca an improved contract, but we are also first team player down going into the pointy end and beyond.
Dario would be an option. 29 years old. Local boy. I saw an article make mention of Adelaide though.
Adelaide have the ACL. We are still a maybe in that respect.
But does he really want to be part of a wooden spoon struggle at Adelaide as oppose to Finals at Roar?.

the cash was always there to offer Mclaca an improved deal as dimi was never going to be on our books next season getting the transfer cash doesnt change the cap limit. The only thing this changes is if we dont bring in anyone to replace Dimi this season, we could offer Mclaca the extra that Dimi was getting paid for the rest of this season (not likely to be much, or enough to change his mind).

We already know we have at least an extra ~300,000 next season (as the cap will rise from 2.6mill to 2.9) Im sure our offer to Mclaka would have used the majority of that as well as some of dimi's wage. I really dont think we will be retaining him next season.

theoworldwide

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
I think we let mac go. He needs to take his chances elsewhere. If JA makes the call now he can start recruiting a new AM and striker combo.

coast

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
I think we let mac go. He needs to take his chances elsewhere. If JA makes the call now he can start recruiting a new AM and striker combo.

Agree.  If Aloisi insists on playing with a lone striker, Macca is not our guy.  I would love to see him in a 442 with Borello but surely that would have happened by now if it was going to.

BrynFC

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »

Mac has to go back to Europe and have a shot, it's a shame we aren't going to get any coin for him, but i think we got him on a free transfer anyway and he was a joy to watch last season, this season has been hit and miss, he has to improve on being clinical.

Hopefully JA can pick up another decent forward that will work with JA tactics.

Has Drogba Retired?

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204187
  • Total Topics: 7988
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13