Author Topic: Kashima Antlers vs Brisbane Roar - 14/3/17 - ACL MD3 - Kashima Soccer Stadium  (Read 1624 times)

Orange Emperoar

Isn't our Ingham a central defender? He is doing well as a full back, but would love to see how he goes in position.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Fixer

Isn't our Ingham a central defender? He is doing well as a full back, but would love to see how he goes in position.
[/quote

He is a right winger that's been converted into a right back , and played as a left back v Mauntong. I suppose you could say he has utility value .

Chico Raul

[/quote

He is a right winger that's been converted into a right back , and played as a left back v Mauntong. I suppose you could say he has utility value .
JA has said he has tried to get competition for positions.
I don't really think he has a situation where if one of the A team is unavailable the competitor is equal to the task.
In the case of a Borrello replacement, I would actually be going with Ingham rather than Arana. Neither is effective as Borrello attacking wise, but having Ingham on the bench covers right back (although defensively work in progress) and is an attacking option. Arana on the bench gives us very little. I  reckon Arana will be leaving soon and we should be giving exposure to Ingham.

Fixer

Funny you should say that in regards to Ingam ,have read somewhere that our back up left back was a left winger/striker in the Japanese high school system ,only played left back for Aus u 20s,was also clocked as one of the quickest over 50/100 mtrs.
Injured at the moment according to club website,could be cover for Oar next season also Brown was a converted winger once upon a time .we need to utilise the players we have to where they fit best and players must have more than one set position especially in smaller squads such as the A league .

Tr0jan

The only highlight I took from this game was the commentators laughing at Corey Browns bald spot.

coast

The only highlight I took from this game was the commentators laughing at Corey Browns bald spot.

Yeah, both baldies themselves, they were completely fixated on it.  How nice for Corey. 

Fixer

Typical of the boof head comentators we have here , just for a moment imagine a EPL analyst saying that ffs 

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203040
  • Total Topics: 7951
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 19
Total: 24