Author Topic: Adelaide United vs Brisbane Roar - 19/03/17 - Rnd 23 - Cooper's Stadium  (Read 3632 times)

Septic Bladder

Very disappointing game. We have a hell of a lot to play for but there wasn't much urgency or desperation out there IMO.

Looks like we're gonna be limping into the finals now with Perth likely to overtake us so no home game in the finals.

Yeah it looks like a limp into the finals. Lets see how we perform with all the distractions... We need a player like Broich to really stand up and show what the club is truly about. He's a player who over the years has been a shining light at the club.

Yes i know Mcgree dived 100% but the reaction from TK was over the top. The reaction from Brown was over the top. Theos action was over the top, Ross's action was over the top.... Can we see a common thread here???? I think so....

....so why can't they use all this energy to supercharge their insipid game.

David Dodd

The football club has been dishing up rubbish on the pitch, so why not do it off the pitch too? On behalf of everyone with a set of nuts well done ross if it is true. Showing adelaide the f**k all respect they deserve.

scribbo

Is there a head honcho referee who oversees each referees performance during a game and if so does he make comments publicly about bad decisions or is everything just kept in house and swept under the carpet?

Chico Raul

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/901811267885/My-intention-was-to-foul-Theo-I-should-have-been-y
How crazy is that.
McGowan by his actions initiated a chain of events which led to a penalty ; an unfair result; Theo suspended ; Brown yellow carded; an alleged assault ; an alleged use of insulting behaviour; Brisbane Roar's reputation tarnished and the game in disrepute.
And here he is being honest and behaving decently by saying what happened and how the referee should have handled the situation.
I really like the guy.

Harry H

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/901811267885/My-intention-was-to-foul-Theo-I-should-have-been-y
How crazy is that.
McGowan by his actions initiated a chain of events which led to a penalty ; an unfair result; Theo suspended ; Brown yellow carded; an alleged assault ; an alleged use of insulting behaviour; Brisbane Roar's reputation tarnished and the game in disrepute.
And here he is being honest and behaving decently by saying what happened and how the referee should have handled the situation.
I really like the guy.

How is this even news???? Players try to foul other players every game all game WTF. So every time a players fouls the opposition is entitled to go off... and punch on on the tunnel... come on were better then that.

Harry H

Very disappointing game. We have a hell of a lot to play for but there wasn't much urgency or desperation out there IMO.

Looks like we're gonna be limping into the finals now with Perth likely to overtake us so no home game in the finals.

Yeah it looks like a limp into the finals. Lets see how we perform with all the distractions... We need a player like Broich to really stand up and show what the club is truly about. He's a player who over the years has been a shining light at the club.

Yes i know Mcgree dived 100% but the reaction from TK was over the top. The reaction from Brown was over the top. Theos action was over the top, Ross's action was over the top.... Can we see a common thread here???? I think so....

....so why can't they use all this energy to supercharge their insipid game.

Lack of leadership.

Orange Emperoar

Is there a head honcho referee who oversees each referees performance during a game and if so does he make comments publicly about bad decisions or is everything just kept in house and swept under the carpet?
Ben Wilson. I read a bit on Facebook where he said that a ref's decision cost Brisbane the game. I don't have any direct quotes, but looking for them shouldn't be too hard.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

noodles

Apparently Mark Kingsman will be making a statement today regarding the incident with Ross Aloisi. I assume the FFA will also at least acknowledge that they are investigating. Surely a large ban would be incoming for Ross if it is determined that he punched another team's coach.
If it's true sack him . We don't need this kind of moronic behaviour in our club . All the media talk is about that but it should be about ref instead . Way to go Ross .

I personally think John would be better off without Ross around.
I am expecting a fine and a suspension for Ross.
I am not expecting the review board to comment on the referee performance as in the unpunished dive that lead to TK's yellow ; the Borrello yellow card for standing up to another player running into him; the McGowan professional foul  to hold Theo, etc etc.
As someone else  has commented,  the Ross brawl and the penalty incident have distracted from what should have been the talking point which is that Adelaide were the worst team we have played all year and still we could only score when Galekovic made an uncharacteristic mistake. Even when the opposition had ten players. What happened at the end of the game should have been academic.

This is a massive test for the club... This is not the Roar way.. We have prided ourself on fair play. Sure the FFA will take action against Ross... Big question is what will the club do??? Our discipline hasn't been up to standard. Now this.
Quite honestly, I don't belief we have an identity any more.
I know we ask at the beginning of each home game "who are we?' and I know the answer is Brisbane, but who exactly is that?
Since winning the double under Mulvey when we were indeed a club known for fair play, and attractive attacking football, with optimism for a bright future, we seem to have descended into some sort of abyss of chaos and disappointment.
As a member of the club I am feeling that we are constantly being put through the ringer by the Bakries and all the associated financial tribulations;  by the management; by the disappointing recruits (with a handful of notable exceptions); by players with questionable loyalty;  and above all by far too many underwhelming performances on the field.
And now having lost to the most lack lustre opposition I can recall, we have an assistant coach that is  facing the disciplinary committee for assault and a goal keeper suspended for elbowing a player in the face.
I can't wait for the season to end. This is no longer the club transformed by Ange and his brand of football.
Who exactly are we?

agree..i bought 2 x three game memberships this year, i've struggled to use them (i have one left for this saturday) and to be honest i really couldnt be bothered. people are just sick of the Brisbane Roar drama (it's the bad kind now, not the good "score in the last minute to winit"type)

Harry H

Apparently Mark Kingsman will be making a statement today regarding the incident with Ross Aloisi. I assume the FFA will also at least acknowledge that they are investigating. Surely a large ban would be incoming for Ross if it is determined that he punched another team's coach.
If it's true sack him . We don't need this kind of moronic behaviour in our club . All the media talk is about that but it should be about ref instead . Way to go Ross .

I personally think John would be better off without Ross around.
I am expecting a fine and a suspension for Ross.
I am not expecting the review board to comment on the referee performance as in the unpunished dive that lead to TK's yellow ; the Borrello yellow card for standing up to another player running into him; the McGowan professional foul  to hold Theo, etc etc.
As someone else  has commented,  the Ross brawl and the penalty incident have distracted from what should have been the talking point which is that Adelaide were the worst team we have played all year and still we could only score when Galekovic made an uncharacteristic mistake. Even when the opposition had ten players. What happened at the end of the game should have been academic.

This is a massive test for the club... This is not the Roar way.. We have prided ourself on fair play. Sure the FFA will take action against Ross... Big question is what will the club do??? Our discipline hasn't been up to standard. Now this.
Quite honestly, I don't belief we have an identity any more.
I know we ask at the beginning of each home game "who are we?' and I know the answer is Brisbane, but who exactly is that?
Since winning the double under Mulvey when we were indeed a club known for fair play, and attractive attacking football, with optimism for a bright future, we seem to have descended into some sort of abyss of chaos and disappointment.
As a member of the club I am feeling that we are constantly being put through the ringer by the Bakries and all the associated financial tribulations;  by the management; by the disappointing recruits (with a handful of notable exceptions); by players with questionable loyalty;  and above all by far too many underwhelming performances on the field.
And now having lost to the most lack lustre opposition I can recall, we have an assistant coach that is  facing the disciplinary committee for assault and a goal keeper suspended for elbowing a player in the face.
I can't wait for the season to end. This is no longer the club transformed by Ange and his brand of football.
Who exactly are we?

agree..i bought 2 x three game memberships this year, i've struggled to use them (i have one left for this saturday) and to be honest i really couldnt be bothered. people are just sick of the Brisbane Roar drama (it's the bad kind now, not the good "score in the last minute to winit"type)

Totally agree with the comments. Perfectly stated Chico. Our identity has been eroded away. Thing is the top brass seem totally unaware of it.

Chico Raul

How crazy is that.
I really like the guy.

How is this even news???? Players try to foul other players every game all game WTF. So every time a players fouls the opposition is entitled to go off... and punch on on the tunnel... come on were better then that.

You have to admit this guy is refreshingly honest and the only person who emerges out of the sorry tale with dignity.
As you say, professional fouls are not newsworthy. But it is so unusual and refreshing that someone fesses up.
Wouldn't it be equally refreshing now for the referee to comment with the same honesty.
That goes for the Brisbane players and representatives who reacted in the way they did too.  But it will never happen.

Harry H

How crazy is that.
I really like the guy.

You have to admit this guy is refreshingly honest and the only person who emerges out of the sorry tale with dignity.
As you say, professional fouls are not newsworthy. But it is so unusual and refreshing that someone fesses up.
Wouldn't it be equally refreshing now for the referee to comment with the same honesty.
That goes for the Brisbane players and representatives who reacted in the way they did too.  But it will never happen.

Oh yes that is so true... I think our players and staff should fess up. Reconcile with the football community.

Tr0jan

If the allegations against Ross are found to be true then surely his position becomes untenable. Assaulting people in the workplace is not the behaviour of an emotionally stable person and as such not the sort of levelheadedness required to teach and inspire young players.

Once again we've found another way of shooting ourselves in the foot. Something toxic has wormed it's way into this Brisbane team and it's akin to the Farina years.

Septic Bladder

How crazy is that.
I really like the guy.

Oh yes that is so true... I think our players and staff should fess up. Reconcile with the football community.

Let's have all the players from both teams gather in the centre circle after games, link arms and sing Kumbaya.

scribbo

What a good idea but I thought you would be more into the Lumberjack Song.

Murk

Is there an allegation RA punched the guy?
I assumed he'd shoved him.  Circumstantial evidence is that shoving in the back has become a favourite tactic for the team.

Orange Emperoar

King hit was the rumour on facebook, but as the police made no charges and have not become involved further, I doubt this.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Chico Raul

King hit was the rumour on facebook, but as the police made no charges and have not become involved further, I doubt this.
According to Marco in the CM, RA was manhandled and injured by a security guard.
In the same article the Adelaide chairman indicates that Adelaide United have a good relationship with Roar and will not be pushing to take matters further.
Unless FFA decide there is something which needs to be dealt with by police (unlikely) then it will come down to sanctions taken by the FFA. Which I would think will be a fine and a ban of some sort.
The article states that Roar will present their case. Such as it is. If there were blows, then it is hard to make a case. Other than the school excuse of the  other fella started it, which never worked for me at school.
I hope someone is focusing on how to get something out of the Victory game. As in how can we avoid conceding and how can we bag a few goals.

medley

Adelaide don't want to press charges against their future assistant coach.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2048
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204718
  • Total Topics: 8009
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1