Author Topic: International Player Movements/Transfer Thread  (Read 18388 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: International Player Movements/Transfer Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »
Zdrila interviewed Federici for TWG on monday night and he came across as a pretty grounded bloke who's done plenty of hard yards to get where he is now. He's definitely aspiring to go further as well..
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:51 PM »
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!

priyank

ein rebell....

Raychen

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
Hah

Well he's taking the heat off rooney, who is doing, essentially, the same thing.

priyank

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »
close enough?

ha!

ein rebell....

J Boss

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
close enough?

ha!

Haha. Don't forget Gareth Bale.

priyank

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »

them ears are massive......

ein rebell....

The Crowing

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
Brilliant Brazilian Willian has been transfer-listed - along with ALL his team-mates - by Anzhi Makhachkala.

Just a week ago, the 24-year-old Brazilian - who was pursued by Andre Villas-Boas during his time as Chelsea manager and again once he took over at Tottenham - declared he wants to quit the Russian side.

The former Shakhtar Donetsk winger moved to Anzhi for ?30million in January, but could now be available for far less than that.

Despite a poor start to the Russian season, Anzhi's move has stunned many.

But it is understood they are ready for a "change in strategy" and are set to slash their budget as well as calling a halt to their extravagant spending on transfer fees and wages.

It means high earners such as Willian, Samuel Eto'o and Lassana Diarra are facing the axe.

Explaining his decision to move to Anzhi in January, Willian said last week: "I had offers from big English clubs and from other places, but Shakhtar never accepted them.

"I wanted very badly to go to England, but I have no regrets and couldn't wait any longer to leave Shakhtar - they used to tell me one thing and then act otherwise.

"Anzhi were the only ones who agreed to play for my release clause. I have enormous affection and respect for this club, but everybody knows that my dreams and desires haven't changed."

There are reports coach Rene Meulensteen - a key assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United until last season - could lose his job after just 16 days having failed to win any of his first four league games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-willian-anzhi-players-up-2138314
Quote from: Corey Taylor
We were amazing because we wanted to be and f**k you if you couldn't keep up. We felt like the latest and maybe last great iconoclastic surge and it didn't matter if the world didn't know our names. The world wasn't allowed to join our club.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Been a distant admirer of Willian for a while. Very good technically and extremely quick. Shame to see it happen to not only him but seemingly all at Anzhi
King of them All!

The Crowing

International Player Movements/Transfer Thread
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
Shame to see it happen to not only him but seemingly all at Anzhi

Not really.

They've got what they deserved for chasing a quick dollar rather than going to a good club.
We were amazing because we wanted to be and f**k you if you couldn't keep up. We felt like the latest and maybe last great iconoclastic surge and it didn't matter if the world didn't know our names. The world wasn't allowed to join our club.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
Shame to see it happen to not only him but seemingly all at Anzhi

Not really.

They've got what they deserved for chasing a quick dollar rather than going to a good club.

And you know what they think and what their choice for moving to that club were? Just because they moved to a cashed up club? Same could be said about those that moved to Man City and Chelsea and they went on to success after being bought but billionaires. Teams that are Rich that go out and buy good players are doing so to try and challenge for a title. Those aspirations most of the time are noticed by those players and see that the club are trying to do something positive and strive for success. After being bought, Anzhi didn't have that success but got into Europe for the first time in over 10 years
King of them All!

The Crowing

International Player Movements/Transfer Thread
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
They're going to a team with no prospect for success, a nobody for a manager and a team that's proven that with the best talent they can throw money at, they still can't even win the Russian top flight.

I have no problem with players chasing money per se. They have a very limited career in which to do so and if I were offered that money I'd absolutely take it.

But the flip side of that coin is that they made that bed now they have to sleep in it. It's not worthy of pity or sympathy.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »
They're going to a team with no prospect for success, a nobody for a manager and a team that's proven that with the best talent they can throw money at, they still can't even win the Russian top flight.

I have no problem with players chasing money per se. They have a very limited career in which to do so and if I were offered that money I'd absolutely take it.

But the flip side of that coin is that they made that bed now they have to sleep in it. It's not worthy of pity or sympathy.

True but there are only a few in Russia that are legitimate chance of winning the league and that's the top goal on offer. There's no doubt though that when the new, better players came, Anzhi dramatically improved
King of them All!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203637
  • Total Topics: 7968
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online