Author Topic: John and Ross Aloisi set to sign Brisbane Roar contract extensions  (Read 1894 times)

mellod

JOHN Aloisi?s London-based agent Frank Trimboli will be in Australia this week to finalise the coach?s new Roar deal.

Trimboli, Aloisi and Brisbane Roar managing director Mark Kingsman are attending Tuesday night?s World Cup qualifier between Australia and United Arab Emirates in Sydney, where they will also meet to lock in a contract that will keep Aloisi in Brisbane for at least another two seasons.

Aloisi?s retention will ensure his brother and assistant coach Ross Aloisi also stays with the club beyond this year.

Ross Aloisi is serving a four-game sideline ban for breaching Football Federation Australia?s national code of conduct following his tunnel altercation with Adelaide United assistant coach Jacobo Ramallo, but retains the full support of Roar officials.

The Courier-Mail can also reveal that John Aloisi met with Aga Bakrie, the son of Roar owner Nirwan Bakrie, on the club?s visit to Japan this month for their AFC Champions League clash against Kashima Antlers.

It was the first time Aloisi had met with a member of the Bakrie family.

In a further sign that the Bakrie Group remain committed to their ownership of the club, Aga is expected to attend a Roar match during the upcoming A-League finals series.

While the Aloisis are staying, the Roar?s medical staff is being overhauled.

Following former head of high performance Karl Dodd out the door is the club?s medical co-ordinator Tony Ganter and head physiotherapist Sep Rafiee. It ends the Roar?s link with Ganter?s Allsports Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine company.

Ganter and Rafiee finish this week, with the club?s new medical partners ? understood to be Physioactive ? to be on board for the Roar?s home clash against Central Coast Mariners on Sunday night.

Depending on the result of the Sydney FC-Melbourne City match on Saturday night, the Roar ? 1-0 weekend winners over second-placed Melbourne Victory ? could move into third spot on the ladder with a draw or a win against the last-placed Mariners.

A place in the top four will guarantee the Roar a finals game at Suncorp Stadium.

This weekend they will again be without suspended goalkeeper Michael Theo and injured pair Matt McKay (knee) and Tommy Oar (hamstring).

John Aloisi said he was impressed with the performance of Theo?s deputy Jamie Young against the Victory.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/brisbane/john-and-ross-aloisi-set-to-sign-brisbane-roar-contract-extensions/news-story/1357ccb32a8b640afc961823fe05661f

medley

Re: John and Ross Aloisi set to sign Brisbane Roar contract extensions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »
This does not excite me!!!
Who's going to bail out next?

dobo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:21:05 AM »

While it doesn't overly excite me it does allay some of the fears i've been having. JA made it clear earlier in the year that he would not re-sign if there were ongoing off field problems. this hopefully means that the club is a little more settled (particularly seeing as it comes at a time when the club would be stretched to its thinnest with the large cost of the ACL). there are encouraging things happening in the back ground (prep on the training base has started, the fields should be done soon and buildings starting to go up).

In his time here JA has done pretty well, we were 1 game off winning the league last season when we were expected to struggle, we look like we could finish 3rd this season, even with an ageing squad spread very thin by the ACL.

Tony gantner was leaving the roar anyway so that is not alarming, the hand over of physio duties had apparently been planned for a couple of months (and i suspect given the off again on again relationship he has had with the club he was only doing this season as a huge favour to the club).

karl dodd was a surprise to me as "high performance manager" anyway. its not like he has had an extensive career at the high performance level, and he never struck me as a player that values "high performance". He has lasted less than a year at all his previous post football jobs (strength and conditioning coach at jets, manager of western pride). There was apparently a bit of an argument between dodd and RA a month or so ago, probably RA telling Dodd he was doing a shit job because of all the injuries and how flat we have looked the last couple of months. Honestly no one could look at how the team has been playing, and the injuries we have had and say that Dodd has done a good job as High performance manager.

mellod

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »

While it doesn't overly excite me it does allay some of the fears i've been having. JA made it clear earlier in the year that he would not re-sign if there were ongoing off field problems. this hopefully means that the club is a little more settled (particularly seeing as it comes at a time when the club would be stretched to its thinnest with the large cost of the ACL). there are encouraging things happening in the back ground (prep on the training base has started, the fields should be done soon and buildings starting to go up).

In his time here JA has done pretty well, we were 1 game off winning the league last season when we were expected to struggle, we look like we could finish 3rd this season, even with an ageing squad spread very thin by the ACL.

Tony gantner was leaving the roar anyway so that is not alarming, the hand over of physio duties had apparently been planned for a couple of months (and i suspect given the off again on again relationship he has had with the club he was only doing this season as a huge favour to the club).

karl dodd was a surprise to me as "high performance manager" anyway. its not like he has had an extensive career at the high performance level, and he never struck me as a player that values "high performance". He has lasted less than a year at all his previous post football jobs (strength and conditioning coach at jets, manager of western pride). There was apparently a bit of an argument between dodd and RA a month or so ago, probably RA telling Dodd he was doing a shit job because of all the injuries and how flat we have looked the last couple of months. Honestly no one could look at how the team has been playing, and the injuries we have had and say that Dodd has done a good job as High performance manager.

Interesting that JA has recently met with a Bakrie representitive for the first time, so I assume they have managed to convince him that there will be no further issues off the field.

miron mercedes

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:07:01 PM »

Interesting that JA has recently met with a Bakrie representitive for the first time, so I assume they have managed to convince him that there will be no further issues off the field.

I imagine they would be quite experienced at doing that.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Chico Raul

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »
In general I think extending the JA contract and by default RA is a positive.
Hopefully it is a sign that preconditions have been met and we can look forwards to a more stable club off the field.
I still have that jaded feel though, and possibly that is due to the ridiculous fixturing. It really makes it hard to keep the interest with home games once a month especially when the opposition is largely uninspiring too. If watching Tim Cahill in a blue shirt is as good as it gets, then it ain't that good. [I am a huge huge fan of TC in the green and gold. But seeing him turn up for another A League club is a turn off. And there is no-one else in the League that is what you might call a draw card].
Roar are going through a time of transition with the biggest challenge being (and has been for a few years now) the replacement of Berisha ; the replacement of Broich ; the replacement of McKay.
All three are great players and unique individuals.
- With Macca we have enjoyed a better behaved though less prolific alternative to Bes. Not quite up there with Bes, but a decent striker. Chances are he will leave. So we need another striker.
- We are seeing signs that Caletti can step  into the McKay hole if he continues to develop. Work In Progress so make sure we keep him.
- As for Broich, we seriously have a problem. The energy in his game v Victory defied the odds. His class was every bit as good as ever.
But diamonds like Broich are not for ever. I am seriously considering whether without Broich next season the games will be worth the price of admission.
Oar has promise and I was impressed with Holman for around 75% of the game v Victory. But seriously. He needs to be a 90 minute man and is not. We need a 10 goal a season midfielder. Scoring goals from midfield has been a problem for some time.
What gives me hope are the likes of Joe Caletti and the other youngsters. Papa has been a great acquisition too. [ I would like to see him as an option to back up TK as a six if needed.] 
JA needs to bring in new blood and no more Arana, Hervas, Pepper type experiments. Maybe we need a new scout.
And JA needs to retain the developing talent.
- Half of me hopes we come third so we go one better than FFA City.
- Half of me hopes we come fourth and still have a home final without the ACL fiasco next year.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:47:42 PM by Chico Raul »

medley

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:26:32 PM »

I hate to sound negative but I just get a feeling that the Adelaide coaching gig fell through for the bros  (at double the pay cheque apparently) and now any "off field problems" at Roar become less of a concern to them. And I say "them" with a hint of disgust! As I've said before, I hate nepotism.
Is there anything that could happen with the team that could separate them?

Chico Raul

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »

I hate to sound negative but I just get a feeling that the Adelaide coaching gig fell through for the bros  (at double the pay cheque apparently) and now any "off field problems" at Roar become less of a concern to them. And I say "them" with a hint of disgust! As I've said before, I hate nepotism.
Isn't if fairly common in football for a head coach to appoint assistants?
Perhaps less common for brothers but none the less, I think it is common practice and JA has been upfront on the reasons why he felt he wanted Ross to watch his back.
I am looking for stability with the hope that whatever happened in the Adelaide tunnel will not be repeated. RA is on notice for sure.
Given the turmoil off the field since the Mulvey era, JA is doing a good job with fewer resources than the three clubs above him.
He inherited an utter shambles.   
Remember Frans Thijssen!
Wasn't he the one that got us into the top six only  because Perth cheated?

medley

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 05:58:51 PM »
Of course head coaches appoint assistants, but who is the head in this instance? And my post had nothing to do with "the tunnel incident".
 We have had, imo, some very good assistants...Rado, Trani, these were well respected by the players. I don't think Ross would be up there with them.
Aloisi did inherit a shambles but has much really changed behind the scenes? Not his fault maybe.
Frans? That's not even a discussion!
Perhaps I just have a dislike for brothers running the show and having each other's backs no matter what. Tell me , would JA sack RA for poor performance and attitude?

coast

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »
Oh well.  Several more seasons of uninspiring stuff.

I don't know what it is about JA.  He just doesn't seem to me, personally, to be the coach we need.

He's probably the coach we can afford.

Kingy

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

The Adelaide coaching GIG was a bit of a farce the entire time anyway so I doubt that comes into consideration. That entire story was based on an SA journalist noticing that the Aloisi's were off contract at the end of the year and were originally from Adelaide while AUFC might be looking for a new head coach next season. There were no facts and the story wasn't based on any evidence, rather just a coincidence of where Aloisi was born.

As for him re-signing, I am pretty apathetic about it. I think JA would benefit from a new assistant coach, but it's unlikely to happen and we could do a lot worse that JA and RA.

Bakries are full of it, even if there isn't more drama this off season we will still be run on a shoe string budget. People wonder why we end up with Arana and Hervas type players, our scouting network consists of JA watching youtube videos.

Dinoweb

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 06:19:05 PM »
Bakries are full of it, even if there isn't more drama this off season we will still be run on a shoe string budget. People wonder why we end up with Arana and Hervas type players, our scouting network consists of JA watching youtube videos.

While I agree that the club needs the Bakries to be doing more for it, I can't agree with the concerns over our selection of foreign players.

Yes, JA selected Hervas who was a liability. Arana has been mediocre but not bad, though you do expect more from a foreign signing. Then you have the likes of Corona, and Kristensen. Both of those have seemed like pretty good pickups to me. Papadopoulos is no slouch either.

On the whole I'd give JA a positive rating on the foreign selection front. He's probably been a better judge than most other A-League coaches.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »

While I agree that the club needs the Bakries to be doing more for it, I can't agree with the concerns over our selection of foreign players.

Yes, JA selected Hervas who was a liability. Arana has been mediocre but not bad, though you do expect more from a foreign signing. Then you have the likes of Corona, and Kristensen. Both of those have seemed like pretty good pickups to me. Papadopoulos is no slouch either.

On the whole I'd give JA a positive rating on the foreign selection front. He's probably been a better judge than most other A-League coaches.
Agreed.
Other clubs have had foreigners that has bombed such as: Adelaide with Guardiola and Mariners with Faty and Tavares.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049