Author Topic: Can We Get a Win against the Antlers?  (Read 2190 times)

Chico Raul

Can We Get a Win against the Antlers?
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »
Anyone think we can get a win?

Orange Emperoar

Re: Can We Get a Win against the Antlers?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »
Yes. We will be playing our best team so far in the ACL tonight, at home, with the expectation that the sacrifice in Perth is to have a purpose.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »
A win is a must if Roar want a slight chance of making it through.

Hopefully we can score a goal first and then go from there  ;D

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
I think we're a good chance. The players taking the field should be pretty fresh, focused and desperate to get a positive result.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Harry H

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »
I think we're a good chance. The players taking the field should be pretty fresh, focused and desperate to get a positive result.

I think he's going to keep flogging dead horses. The back 4 were were a horror show last week.. One change there (Papa)
The 6&8 were having one. One change there (TK) The front 3 were inexcusable... One change there. ( Thomas )
3 sets of fresh legs, 7 dead horses. We need about 5-6 changes to make a difference... Were a laughing stock at the moment.

coast

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 02:28:34 PM »
Anyone think we can get a win?

If the team performs at its best across the part, yes. That means Holman making his passes and managing to actually control the ball, and Borello not playing like a decapitated, drug addled rooster.

So, no, not really.  But I live in hope.

Tr0jan

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
No.

We lack the creativity to open them up regularly and the one or perhaps two chances that we do create will not be put away as we lack the firepower to deliver.

Also our defence is leaky as f**k against Asian opposition and Young's distribution is laughable at best. He'll gift the Antlers at least two clear cut chances.

Harry H

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 04:27:51 PM »
Bet 365 has us at $4.75 Them at $1.70  and $3.80 for the draw... So the bookies saying no f#%king way.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
I reckon Theo will be in goal, Papa and North in front, Kristensen marshalling the midfield, and Broich being creative up front. Just missing Pepper and Arana from the starting list has to boost our chances.
Arana has shown that he can have impact off the bench later on in the game.
If Pepper makes it onto the field for anything other than a critical injury replacement, I'll be very upset.

Harry H

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
line up pretty much as i expected. lots of dead horses, and out of form players. Why not have Arana on the bench? No Ingham? Guess JA fancies himself as the Aussie coach when Ange goes... And had  a little hissy fit when Ingham defected to the Russians.
No North? Haha. No idea. Jade is one of our best. Surely he should be on the bench?

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
line up pretty much as i expected. lots of dead horses, and out of form players. Why not have Arana on the bench? No Ingham? Guess JA fancies himself as the Aussie coach when Ange goes... And had  a little hissy fit when Ingham defected to the Russians.
No North? Haha. No idea. Jade is one of our best. Surely he should be on the bench?

The lineup is pretty strong imo, no pepper is a plus as well.

denzele

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 06:58:38 PM »
No excuses this one . This is best 11 we have at the moment. Better win this one and score some goals . That 0-9 goal difference it's just pathetic.

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »
Good finish from Jmac, lets keep it up!

Tr0jan

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »
I take it all back.

I'm happy to proven wrong.

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »
Big win and it keeps our hopes of the next stage alive, great stuff. I guess the so called dead horses did alright tonight  8)

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
So, yeah, that would be a yes.

Harry H

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
Big win and it keeps our hopes of the next stage alive, great stuff. I guess the so called dead horses did alright tonight  8)

Haha sure i'll take the points,,, was at the game with the other 10 people and we was lucky to get the points Dave... Not sure how it looked on TV!!!

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 06:13:13 AM »

Haha sure i'll take the points,,, was at the game with the other 10 people and we was lucky to get the points Dave... Not sure how it looked on TV!!!

I was at the game as well, decent crowd as I thought it would be much less. To be fair I was surprised when Holman scored, he normally sky bounds them but it was a great hit in the end, great finish from Jmac as well. Antlers played very well though and we did well to hold onto our lead.

Chico Raul

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 06:29:39 AM »

I was one of the other 10 at the game.
Lucky Harry?
As in Perth were lucky to beat us?  As in they took their chances and we didn't at the weekend?  It's all down to Macca in both games. And their star number 9 got dragged don't forget!
We started well in both halves. They came back at us later on in both halves and they had the one that trickled against the post in the first half. And a header that went wide.
They were better after they made the double substitution and the number six that came on also scored.
We made subs hoping to hang on and with half a mind on the next game. Daggers made a nuisance of himself. Brady looked overawed.
Their left back was awesome and won just about everything. The right back stuffed up for our goal. Swings and roundabouts.
It was a nervous 15 minutes at the end and Ange would be disappointed (as I was) that we held on and ran down the clock rather than dominate and finish stronger. But a win is a win!!
Last night we achieved a win in the ACL against a top Japanese outfit which is something Ange was not able to achieve with Roarcelona. I am glad to be one of the 10 (five and a half thousand)  witnesses.
For us this was a finals level game come early and an indication of how we might go.
I will watch the replay before my man of the match. But Papa was immense.
This business of not showing the replay on the big screen is really annoying. It really defeats the purpose of the screens. Might as well switch them off altogether and save the planet.
Pitch was not great.

Harry H

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »

I was one of the other 10 at the game.
Lucky Harry?
As in Perth were lucky to beat us?  As in they took their chances and we didn't at the weekend?  It's all down to Macca in both games. And their star number 9 got dragged don't forget!
We started well in both halves. They came back at us later on in both halves and they had the one that trickled against the post in the first half. And a header that went wide.
They were better after they made the double substitution and the number six that came on also scored.
We made subs hoping to hang on and with half a mind on the next game. Daggers made a nuisance of himself. Brady looked overawed.
Their left back was awesome and won just about everything. The right back stuffed up for our goal. Swings and roundabouts.
It was a nervous 15 minutes at the end and Ange would be disappointed (as I was) that we held on and ran down the clock rather than dominate and finish stronger. But a win is a win!!
Last night we achieved a win in the ACL against a top Japanese outfit which is something Ange was not able to achieve with Roarcelona. I am glad to be one of the 10 (five and a half thousand)  witnesses.
For us this was a finals level game come early and an indication of how we might go.
I will watch the replay before my man of the match. But Papa was immense.
This business of not showing the replay on the big screen is really annoying. It really defeats the purpose of the screens. Might as well switch them off altogether and save the planet.
Pitch was not great.

The difference between Ange's team and JA's is that Anges team knew what to do with possession when that had it. Mate one time there Papa got walked around by their winger like he was a witches hat.. And they went very close to scoring. Aside from that Papa was good as he usually is. Their finishing was poor but they created plenty. Not taking anything away from Maccas goal it was a great finish. They had 19 shots to our 11. They had 12 corners to our 4, and they had 55% possession. There is a hint of luck there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:25:33 AM by Harry H »

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online