Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix - 16/04/2017 - Rnd 27 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 1327 times)

Harry H

Firstly. Apologies. I have bagged Holman; mainly due to lack of intensity and effort; but also lack of quality. I apologize.  He has been very good recently, and sensational v the Nix. Hopefully, he will be the catalyst taking us forward. It was not just the goals (which were awesome), but also the commitment and quality. 
Borrello was outstanding too.
In the presser we were told that Jack had an op and we have to wait for the results. Best case he can play in a couple of weeks with a mask. Worst case will be next season.
McKay? anyone know. I thought we were told he might be back for finals, but no mention.
Defensively v the Nix the three goals, plus one on the bar, and a few other near misses says it all. We were poor. We had two players out of position, and a combination that looked nervy. Biggest concern for me was De Vere's lack of pace and slow reaction time. I thought he was better v Antlers. Given no Jack, no Bowlesy, I though the Crestani option was a better one than Ingham. At least he can tackle; and with Borrello being the Everywhere Man we did not lose any punch going forwards. Brandon did the work of two players.
Joe Caletti made mistakes (but so does Matty McKay). Not his best, but still Roar's wunderkind.
But it was always going to be a game where the Nix who have good attackers were simply going to enjoy themselves; throw caution to the wind; and go and attack; which they did.
In our favour, no-one on the Fox panel gives us a chance so hopefully the Mexicans are underestimating Roar.
Stop the Grub (Santalab) and you beat Wanderers. Although Steve Lustica could be interesting.
Please can someone get the pics of Nichols's gestures after the 4-5 final  last year; make copies; and place in Roar's dressing room on Friday night!

Classic so you apologise then you continue on about just what you made the apologise for??  So your saying you were wrong about Holman. Then you continue on to critique players in the team then call out opposition players. And name a past roar player as been one to watch. Haha. I guess given this you could be wrong about everything after the apology.

Chico Raul

Firstly. Apologies. I have bagged Holman; mainly due to lack of intensity and effort; but also lack of quality. I apologize.  He has been very good recently, and sensational v the Nix. Hopefully, he will be the catalyst taking us forward. It was not just the goals (which were awesome), but also the commitment and quality. 
Borrello was outstanding too.
In the presser we were told that Jack had an op and we have to wait for the results. Best case he can play in a couple of weeks with a mask. Worst case will be next season.
McKay? anyone know. I thought we were told he might be back for finals, but no mention.
Defensively v the Nix the three goals, plus one on the bar, and a few other near misses says it all. We were poor. We had two players out of position, and a combination that looked nervy. Biggest concern for me was De Vere's lack of pace and slow reaction time. I thought he was better v Antlers. Given no Jack, no Bowlesy, I though the Crestani option was a better one than Ingham. At least he can tackle; and with Borrello being the Everywhere Man we did not lose any punch going forwards. Brandon did the work of two players.
Joe Caletti made mistakes (but so does Matty McKay). Not his best, but still Roar's wunderkind.
But it was always going to be a game where the Nix who have good attackers were simply going to enjoy themselves; throw caution to the wind; and go and attack; which they did.
In our favour, no-one on the Fox panel gives us a chance so hopefully the Mexicans are underestimating Roar.
Stop the Grub (Santalab) and you beat Wanderers. Although Steve Lustica could be interesting.
Please can someone get the pics of Nichols's gestures after the 4-5 final  last year; make copies; and place in Roar's dressing room on Friday night!

Classic so you apologise then you continue on about just what you made the apologise for??  So your saying you were wrong about Holman. Then you continue on to critique players in the team then call out opposition players. And name a past roar player as been one to watch. Haha. I guess given this you could be wrong about everything after the apology.
Absolutely Harry.
Where I have criticized players and been proved emphatically wrong as with Holman last night and recently, I am prepared to man up.
Re Santalab. His style of play strikes me as grubby, but if he can model himself on say Macca and reform, I look foward to the day.
Re Lustica. Ex players often rise to the occasion against former clubs. Hopefully not.

coast

If I were Aloisi, which I'm not last time I looked, I would be playing Oar as left wing back from now on. He is perfect for the role.  It might be is way back into the Roos.

medley

Next week will be Thomas last home game for the roar. Many players to go..

I fear you are correct H. If so this would be a massive loss and criminal if he wasn't to get the send off he deserves.
I'd rather see the stooges depart.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
We can't have it both ways....... By that I mean, plenty are asking for regeneration then when the Old Bull looks like finishing up they whinge about it....

What will happen will happen. I would like to see Broich for another season but can and will accept him finishing up if the club believes it's for the best.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

mellod

The only way I can see it making sense not offering Broich a new contract would be if he was asking for crazy money. He doesn't seem like the kind of player who would do that. He has been fantastic this season and still provides a creative spark that other players lack. Hopefully he and the club can work something out. I would hate for him to have to finish his career anywhere other than Brisbane.

Harry H

If I were Aloisi, which I'm not last time I looked, I would be playing Oar as left wing back from now on. He is perfect for the role.  It might be is way back into the Roos.

Brad Smith is light years ahead of oar. Oar played there last night against a team playing for nothing. I couldn't base much on that.

coast

Brad Smith is light years ahead of oar. Oar played there last night against a team playing for nothing. I couldn't base much on that.

Very glass half full of you, H, but true nonetheless.

coast

Broich could become our version of Zidane - playing great to first team coach via the youth team.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203661
  • Total Topics: 7969
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13