Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs WS Wanderers - 21/04/2017 - Elim Final - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 3076 times)

BrisbaneDave

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:27:25 PM by BrisbaneDave »

Shand

PAX from today?

I purchased my tickets last night (about 9pm); PAX was 14,572

roarsome

• Peace...through superior firepower!
PAX as of 2pm 16911. So may get to 20k probably 18-19k though.

David Dodd

Should be clear to all now why Broich has not been offered a new deal. Wsw are mauling us down our left hand side because he is not there to help defend. Lucky not to be more goals down. Clear penalty. Clearly only one team in it tonight. Brisbane are all out of shape. No miraculous escapes for brisbane this time. On to next season.

fitzyrj

With that amount of time wasting and only 1 minute?? I call bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Should be clear to all now why Broich has not been offered a new deal. Wsw are mauling us down our left hand side because he is not there to help defend. Lucky not to be more goals down. Clear penalty. Clearly only one team in it tonight. Brisbane are all out of shape. No miraculous escapes for brisbane this time. On to next season.

Ouch.....  ;D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

denzele

I don't know about anyone else but this felt for me like Grand Final . Unbelievable. Yep we did it again .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:51:54 AM by denzele »

Snargitz

Ouch.....  ;D

The whole statement was ouch, Broich had an outstanding 2nd half both in attack and defense.

theoworldwide

A perfect game. Loved every moment.

Thanks broich for the memories.

Maximum feels tonight.

Septic Bladder

Most entertaining Roar game of the season!

Don't think I can recall a game this season with so many keeper saves.

WSW should have won it in the first half.

...and Brisbane should have won it in the second.

miron mercedes

true ...but we did win it ..and that's all that counts .
I just hope Thomas is available for the Victory game. Groins injuries can be either very long term or something you manage and play with . Depends ....
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Chico Raul

true ...but we did win it ..and that's all that counts .
I just hope Thomas is available for the Victory game. Groins injuries can be either very long term or something you manage and play with . Depends ....
It really does come down to perception, although in terms of the stats that matter, Roar edged it.

Domenic Bossi (The Age)
 Western Sydney outplayed Brisbane away from home and had it not been for a flurry of superb saves from Brisbane Roar goalkeepers Mike Theo and his replacement, Jamie Young, they would have walked away as the first team to beat the three-time champions in finals at Suncorp Stadium. They nailed their first five penalties clinically before Japanese winger Jumpei Kusukami's spot-kick was saved during the sudden-death phase of the shoot-outs.

Chico Raul (Brisbane Roar Tragic)
Brisbane Roar outplayed Western Sydney Wanderers  at  home over the 120 minutes despite a flurry of superb  saves from Wanderers goalkeepers Janjetovic, and they walked away as worthy winners keeping their Suncorp finals record intact. They nailed their six penalties clinically before Wanderers Japanese winger Jumpei  Kusukami's spot-kick was saved by Jamie Young during the sudden-death phase of the shoot-outs.

The difference here is that I am a self proclaimed one-eyed Brisbane Roar tragic. What does  that make Domenic Bossi?

The facts remains that:
(1) WSW failed to score in 120 minutes of open play. 
(2) Brisbane's goal keepers were rather good. See point 1
(3) Brisbane went into the game with a make shift right  full back arrangement on the right due to injury, and lacked cohesion. See point 1
(4) Brisbane were without the experience of their regular captain due to injury although Joe Caletti was for the most part admirable. See point 1 again.
(5) A WSW player rather recklessly got himself sent off. Am I the only one seeing a pattern with WSW at Suncorp?
(6) And finally......... as if it matters.....but for the benefit of  Domenic Bossi and the other Mexicans....Brisbane Roar did rather better in the penalty shoot out.
Apparently Roar regularly end training games with penalty shoot outs and were not unnerved by the shootout. i.e Success does not just happen.
Take that as it tip for free from the Brisbane Roar and safe trip home y'all!

dobo

The Brisbane vs SFC game that ended 0-0 mid season in Brisbane probably had more outstanding keeper saves. That was also one of the most entertaining games I have witnessed

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Just quietly how fucking good is Joe Caletti going? You forget that he's only 18. How the hell do you keep your composure for the full 120 minutes in a finals game??? Fucking immense!
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Herbielives

Caletti?  Seriously?

I rate him but he nearly cost us the game yesterday.

Popa had it sussed out and it was very obvious the tactic was to attack TK then switch play to Jumpei to attack Caletti. Jumpei made him look like a little boy. The kid is technically gifted I agree but he can't fuckin tackle and as a defensive midfielder he's no help in that area. Did U see him try and tackle??????...wow!. In the last three games he has rugby tackled in each game to try and stop them getting past him.

last night he looked like a little boy in a mans game. Sorry to say but he cant cut the physicality.

Jade North had to work extra for TK as he kept sliding over to cover Caletti. That's why North was knackered.

The kid needs to bulk up and learn how to tackle otherwise he will be a liability in that position. And I don't want that to happen cause I really like his talent and potential.

BrisbaneDave

Caletti?  Seriously?

Popa had it sussed out and it was very obvious the tactic was to attack TK then switch play to Jumpei to attack Caletti. Jumpei made him look like a little boy. The kid is technically gifted I agree but he can't fuckin tackle and as a defensive midfielder he's no help in that area. Did U see him try and tackle??????...wow!. In the last three games he has rugby tackled in each game to try and stop them getting past him.

last night he looked like a little boy in a mans game. Sorry to say but he cant cut the physicality.

Jade North had to work extra for TK as he kept sliding over to cover Caletti. That's why North was knackered.

The kid needs to bulk up and learn how to tackle otherwise he will be a liability in that position. And I don't want that to happen cause I really like his talent and potential.

Cost us the game? Please , there were plenty of other moments that could have cost us, no need single out him. He is a better version of Mckay in so many ways, Mckay can not tackle for shit either, Caletti is better than him in every other aspect.

Herbielives

Caletti?  Seriously?

Cost us the game? Please , there were plenty of other moments that could have cost us, no need single out him. He is a better version of Mckay in so many ways, Mckay can not tackle for shit either, Caletti is better than him in every other aspect.

Big call comparing him to Matty Mckay. Especially as he doesn't have his speed, agression or versatility although very similar in the sense that both go sideways or backwards with the majority of their passing game - maybe 80-90%.

Besides, didn't even mention Mckay. As I said, I like this kid but play him in games he can handle - not physical ones like last night.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Again it's good to point out that he is only 18 years old.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

spongebob

We should enjoy caletti whilst he is here. I suspect that he will be part of the starrting line up, have a good season next year and the  move overseas.

Dinoweb

Funny, in 30+ years I don't ever recall seeing a winner declared at half time, still I agree, WSW deserved a one goal lead at half time, and not because of a soft penalty. Roar could have had 5 in the second, not including any number of soft penalties of their own.

Would have preferred a regular time winner by Roar, but it was the right result on the night.

49 shots all night, 17 on target, 4 saves credited to Theo but 8 to Janjetovic tells a story.

A cracking game.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Recent

Members
Stats