Author Topic: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season  (Read 2396 times)

Besty

Besty

Re: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »
I wanted to see him coach for us, shame if we can't make that happen. Bummed, but honored to have seen such  great player in orange for years

mellod

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
Aloisi will have to come out and explain this situation, otherwise many fans will want him gone.

He can't be that stupid to not offer Broich anything at all. We should be able to offer him something. Whether Broich would accept it, that's another matter.

Jesus can you imagine Broich coming to Brisbane next year with Victory? The thought is sickening.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
This day was always gonna come but it still hurts badly.

I can understand that he wants to continue playing so best of luck to him and I hope he'll be able to come back to the Roar once he retires.

Coaching appears a few years away at least at this stage.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:38:13 PM »
He (Aloisi) said at this point he didn?t know whether he could offer me a new deal and how much he could offer me, so it left me in a really uncertain position,? Broich revealed on Tuesday

Well bloody find out then Aloisi, ffs. If the club are willing to let this legend go I will be furious, I was always under the impression it was never about the money with Broich so this seems like Aloisi does not want him. What a bunch of stooges, so they are just going to let him walk away and now there is a big chance he will be playing for another club in the A-League, what a disgrace.

Finsta

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 08:38:32 PM »
Aloisi will have to come out and explain this situation, otherwise many fans will want him gone.

He can't be that stupid to not offer Broich anything at all. We should be able to offer him something. Whether Broich would accept it, that's another matter.

Jesus can you imagine Broich coming to Brisbane next year with Victory? The thought is sickening.
According to the article JA has told Broich that he can't guarantee him a spot so I'm thinking Broich has made the decision to cut ties now so there will be no lingering negotiations and he'll be able to walk away with a clear mind and open to offers.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:41 PM »

According to the article JA has told Broich that he can't guarantee him a spot so I'm thinking Broich has made the decision to cut ties now so there will be no lingering negotiations and he'll be able to walk away with a clear mind and open to offers.

I wont mind as much if he plays some where overseas but if he plays for another club in the A-League, I will be beyond furious. Rather pissed off to be honest, this type of news should really be kept quiet until after the season/finals end.

Besty

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »

Probably going to happen. Better bring me a bucket.
And a pitchfork

Herbielives

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
Easy fix.

Get rid of Arana & Katabian (remember him?). They are soaking up $$$$$ for no reason.

Offer to Thomas.

Surely JA isn't that stupid to let him go easily.

He has been one of the best on park for us, not only in the past but this season also.

Great players are hard to come by in the Aleague and this guy is a legend

denzele

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 11:50:54 PM »
Well that's not the way to treat absolute legend of this club . Very disappointed in handling this by the club . To see him play potentially  against us if he signs with another club here that would be devastating.

Not sure what Aloisi is up to but I don't  like this at all . What's next ? Giving Arana/Pepper new contract ?

scribbo

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:57 PM »
I would like to know the full story but I am amazed that Aloisi cannot find a spot for him next season. He is still better than about seventy percent of the players going around in the A-League, I thought he was applying for Australian citizenship.

He is a legend and should be shown some respect, Aloisi should get his finger out and make some sort of an offer to possibly make him stay on.

I know it is a team game but without Thomas I very much doubt we would have three titles in the cabinet.

I agree, if Arana and Pepper are here next season then what a load of crap.

spongebob

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »
According to the article Broich is quoted as saying "We?ve got capable people in charge. They just chose one path, and this path happens to not include me, but I?m sure the Roar will be very competitive in the future,? he said.

That reads like he is being pushed out the door.

dobo

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 08:01:22 AM »

I wont mind as much if he plays some where overseas but if he plays for another club in the A-League, I will be beyond furious. Rather pissed off to be honest, this type of news should really be kept quiet until after the season/finals end.
I think it probably is best that it came out now, at least we can give him a proper send off (I suspect if we are leading with 5 to go he will be subbed and get a long standing ovation)

I don't want to see him go but in all honesty he is no where near as good as he once was, and we have had to shoe horn the way Aloisi wants to play to suit him and Holleman posing in the same team. It really took Broich 5 or 6 rounds to look like he was up to speed and that will probably be longer as he gets older. He is definitely a club legend no matter what happens and it has been an absolute honour to watch him play.

Finsta

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 09:07:22 AM »
I don't understand all the disgust at JA and the Club..

FACT: Thomas Broich is 36 turning 37 in January. The only way his form can go now is downwards.

I believe JA would've liked to have kept Broich on but at this time he couldn't give Broich a definitive answer and it was Broich who made the decision to settle his future right now and not wait to see what could possibly pan out over the off season.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

mellod

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
I don't understand all the disgust at JA and the Club..

FACT: Thomas Broich is 36 turning 37 in January. The only way his form can go now is downwards.

I believe JA would've liked to have kept Broich on but at this time he couldn't give Broich a definitive answer and it was Broich who made the decision to settle his future right now and not wait to see what could possibly pan out over the off season.

I think there is an expectation from some that, because of everything he has done for the club, Broich would be offered another contract no matter what. I certainly don't agree with that, as there is a limit to everything. If Broich was demanding huge money and a starting spot every game, that is too much. I do think, however, that Aloisi and the club should have by now, been able to provide him with a solid offer that would keep him at the club. A bench role with a reasonable wage so he can have another year with not too much pressure before retiring from football at the club he obviously wanted to finish his career with.

While his fitness is not what is once was, he is still absolute class and could give us 30 minutes of genius per game. 30 minutes with Broich on the pitch could change a game. Hell, he still runs harder and chases the ball more than half of the other players in the league.

In addition to this, we currently have a number of players (Pepper, Arana, Katebian) coming off contract who offer no where near what Broich would (not only on the park, but off the park with fans). It should be an easy decision to say, not re-sign Pepper and Katebian and offer Broich that money (obviously this would not work if Broich is wanting a big payday).

Septic Bladder

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
I understand he is a club a legend but he is well past his prime and it showed in many performances this season albeit that he had a couple of blinders in recent games.

Many have been whinging about all the over 30's in the first eleven but now you whinge because the oldest hasn't been kept!

All club legends eventually move on - other wise a team will turn into a nursing home.

Did Liverpool keep Gerrard? Did Chelsea keep Lampard?

As for joining the coaching staff - he is s complete novice. He needs to get some certificates and some experience before he joins an a League team with limited resources and playing staff.

scribbo

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »
I agree he is past his prime but I still think that he is good enough to be playing another year with the Roar and Aloisi should have been in the position to make him an offer of some kind, whether he accepted it or not is another story but he should have been made an offer.

As has been said thirty minutes or so starting or off the bench would be ideal. He is a game changer and those players are so hard to find.

miron mercedes

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 10:15:46 AM »
I understand he is a club a legend but he is well past his prime and it showed in many performances this season albeit that he had a couple of blinders in recent games.

Many have been whinging about all the over 30's in the first eleven but now you whinge because the oldest hasn't been kept!

All club legends eventually move on - other wise a team will turn into a nursing home.

Did Liverpool keep Gerrard? Did Chelsea keep Lampard?

As for joining the coaching staff - he is s complete novice. He needs to get some certificates and some experience before he joins an a League team with limited resources and playing staff.
Its always sad when a legend's time is up but I totally agree with you on this one . Better a year too short than a year too long
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

roarsome

• Peace...through superior firepower!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:04 AM »
After getting past the initial breaking of the news i guess it really has come to this for TB. Flashes of brilliance but a body that age has caught up with. I think the reason so many people are upset is they were unprepared for this being announced RIGHT NOW. But if he has to go, what better way than to go with another piece of silverware hey!

theoworldwide

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »
Here's hoping we win the final and have him end on a high

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203661
  • Total Topics: 7969
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)