Author Topic: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season  (Read 3828 times)

Orange Emperoar

Re: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
I'm sad but not surprised.
I hope Thomas is not the greatest player ever to play for the club. I hope someone comes along that we begin by comparing to Thomas, but then eclipses him.
But for the foreseeable future, Thomas Broich is the greatest player ever to have played at the club.
Thanks mate.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Chico Raul

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
Anyone know why now? 
Did Thomas bring this on?
There are lots of contract discussions to be had and normally contract discussions will occur after the finals in a few weeks time.
Plenty has been said about the age of the squad, but when theory becomes reality it still hurts.
With Petratos gone, now Broich going, and surely Arana to go, I would expect some new acquisitions.
I am consoling myself with the hope that this means we keep JC. But there is only one Thomas Broich. He is a legend.

Cameron89

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »
Best player the A-league has had. No other player has had his impact on the pitch over a sustained period like him.

We've been lucky to have him.

mellod

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 11:40:45 AM »
It is going to be a long long time before we see another player like Broich in this league. The circumstances around his signing, the re-ignition of his passion for football, his love for Brisbane... he was a very rare find. Any players who match his skill will quickly go elsewhere. They certainly won't be here for 7 years and be talking about wanting to coach the club.

Harry H

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »
I understand he is a club a legend but he is well past his prime and it showed in many performances this season albeit that he had a couple of blinders in recent games.

Many have been whinging about all the over 30's in the first eleven but now you whinge because the oldest hasn't been kept!

All club legends eventually move on - other wise a team will turn into a nursing home.

Did Liverpool keep Gerrard? Did Chelsea keep Lampard?

As for joining the coaching staff - he is s complete novice. He needs to get some certificates and some experience before he joins an a League team with limited resources and playing staff.
Its always sad when a legend's time is up but I totally agree with you on this one . Better a year too short than a year too long

So what makes you think Broich is a NOVICE coach???? You know Thomas????? Fact is that he is the coach and the AA's train the team. Broich is the biggest threat to the AA's. Thomas has the pedigree... If the aa's combined IQ is above 100 i'd be surprised. Why do you all think Thomas talked about coaching recently. Its not that Thomas has turned anything down or asked to much... He's not being offered anything... Nothing. zilch. There is no talks. Go check the club website it's all there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Very sad news, truly the best player Brisbane and the HAL has seen. I understand that he is passed his peak, but he's still head and shoulders above most. What are the chances that we'll get someone even close to his current abilities? Anyone who can match him will cost too much.
Regardless, i hope we give him the send off he deserves.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:10:31 PM by artist formerly known as craigisroaring »
The female kangaroo has a pouch. The male kangaroo doesn't. So the male kangaroo has pouch envy. "Why don't i get a pouch? I've got things to carry too. At least give me a pocket".

The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles.

Chico Raul

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 02:35:23 PM »
Anyone know why now? 
There are lots of contract discussions to be had and normally contract discussions will occur after the finals in a few weeks time.
Plenty has been said about the age of the squad, but when theory becomes reality it still hurts.
With Petratos gone, now Broich going, and surely Arana to go, I would expect some new acquisitions.
I am consoling myself with the hope that this means we keep JC. But there is only one Thomas Broich. He is a legend.
I have just seen Craig Moore's comment on The World Game Site where it says that he said an "open-ended invitation" for Broich to join the Roar's operations remains in place, with the German having previously expressed a desire to take up a coaching position, but in the short term the likelihood remains that he could lineup against his old side next season. The former Roar defender described the decision as a choice between re-signing Broich or Joe Coletti, the young midfielder who has emerged as a star of the future.
Moore was critical of Broich making the announcement now in the lead up to Friday's game.

Disappointed as I am, if it means keeping JC it is some consolation.
Put it another way.
Would it be any less disappointing if we were to keep our oldest player at the expense of our best younger players going elsewhere?
Something has to give. But it is still sad.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »
I'm betting Broich wishes now that he hadn't said anything to Marco. I reckon with Broich being so honest and upfront at most times, Marco played on it and kept digging for info until he got what he wanted.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Harry H

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
Anyone know why now? 
I have just seen Craig Moore's comment on The World Game Site where it says that he said an "open-ended invitation" for Broich to join the Roar's operations remains in place, with the German having previously expressed a desire to take up a coaching position, but in the short term the likelihood remains that he could lineup against his old side next season. The former Roar defender described the decision as a choice between re-signing Broich or Joe Coletti, the young midfielder who has emerged as a star of the future.
Moore was critical of Broich making the announcement now in the lead up to Friday's game.

Disappointed as I am, if it means keeping JC it is some consolation.
Put it another way.
Would it be any less disappointing if we were to keep our oldest player at the expense of our best younger players going elsewhere?
Something has to give. But it is still sad.

I don't rate Caletti to flat footed. I already seeing clubs pick him out.  Same problem as Clut. Remember him. Don't worry were going to lose young players as well. But we will keep Caletti.

Harry H

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
I'm betting Broich wishes now that he hadn't said anything to Marco. I reckon with Broich being so honest and upfront at most times, Marco played on it and kept digging for info until he got what he wanted.

No he didn't

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »

No he didn't
So Broich 100% wanted it out there? Fully knowing that it would disrupt preparations for the upcoming game?
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

scribbo

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
A choice between re-signing Broich or Joe Coletti...hmmm...ok, if you say so Craig.

Will be an interesting off season to see who Aloisi decides to keep and who he brings in, I will try to keep an open mind for now.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
I found out last night that Calletti's middle name is Kato and that he was looked at for the Japan national team. I don't know if that is new news.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Harry H

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »

No he didn't
So Broich 100% wanted it out there? Fully knowing that it would disrupt preparations for the upcoming game?

Your asking the wrong question... The question should be why are the club saying nothing??? The could have made a killing but they don't understand how to promote things. If you feel it will be a  disruptive preperation then thats up to you. It could been a celebration. The club are small time thinkers. When you do something repetitively over and over you become that.

denzele

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »
I don't believe nothing that comes out from Craig Moore. It wouldn't surprise me that he decided to cut Broich .

medley

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
Damn shame he's going, particularly the way it's happened.
I'd swap him with Moore and the bros any day. They are not good for the morale and spirit of the club.
All the best Thomas and thanks for the great memories.
Hopefully you'll be joining Matt Smith in Thailand.

Dinoweb

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »
I understand he is a club a legend but he is well past his prime and it showed in many performances this season albeit that he had a couple of blinders in recent games.

Many have been whinging about all the over 30's in the first eleven but now you whinge because the oldest hasn't been kept!

All club legends eventually move on - other wise a team will turn into a nursing home.

Did Liverpool keep Gerrard? Did Chelsea keep Lampard?

As for joining the coaching staff - he is s complete novice. He needs to get some certificates and some experience before he joins an a League team with limited resources and playing staff.
Its always sad when a legend's time is up but I totally agree with you on this one . Better a year too short than a year too long

Bugger, definitely the best player the league has ever had, and probably the best player I'll ever see in orange.

My whole family have been huge fans, and more often than not, the prospect of seeing number 22 has brought them along when they would otherwise have stayed at home.

I've never subscribed to the idea that age is a barrier. If you're good enough you're old enough cuts both ways in my book.

That said, Thomas is not the player he was three years ago. I totally agree with Miron, better one year too short.

I'm also glad the announcement has been made. It's highly likely this will be his last Lang Park appearance and I, for one, can't wait to give him the send off he deserves.

Can the club retire his number? They damn well should.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

denzele

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 07:02:00 PM »
Apparently there will be live streaming press on FB Club's page with Alosi tomorrow after 9:30am training lesson . Just got email . Will be interested to see if Broich attends .

Snargitz

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
Cut down the Wally Lewis statue and replace it with a statue of Broich holding aloft Matt Mckay who in turn is holding aloft the toilet seat.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0