Author Topic: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season  (Read 2673 times)

medley

Re: Broich confirmed leaving at end of season
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »
I don't profess to have any mole in the camp at all, just one or two former insider friends with current player connections. So lets call it what it is...pure hearsay! Now you can take this with a pinch of salt but everything I have seen happen in the past backs it up....for me! What I hear is that Ross and Moore are pulling the strings and John is the puppet! Both are "grubs"!! (Ross in the tunnel, Josh Mclogan's reason for leaving lies etc)
I don't believe it has anything to do with playing style (Murk) but rather the professional incompetence and poor man management from the above three. That's the wrong direction I reckon Broich was referring to. Perhaps you can throw in poor recruitment, selection and loss of promising youth players too.
I don't think there's any sort of player revolt going on. Lets face it why would Pepper or Arana or the young guns do that?
To me Broich epitomises our playing spirit and club culture (this has been a huge part of my belief in the club), I don't get that from the Aloisi's or Craig Moore. They are there for themselves.
We, on the other hand, are the club! Most of us will support our team until we cant, me included. What I wont do though is wave the flag regardless of how management treat our players, particularly legendary ones!

Anyway....lets smash WSW tomorrow night. Go the Roar!!

Chico Raul

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »
I don't profess to have any mole in the camp at all, just one or two former insider friends with current player connections. So lets call it what it is...pure hearsay! Now you can take this with a pinch of salt but everything I have seen happen in the past backs it up....for me! What I hear is that Ross and Moore are pulling the strings and John is the puppet! Both are "grubs"!! (Ross in the tunnel, Josh Mclogan's reason for leaving lies etc)
I don't believe it has anything to do with playing style (Murk) but rather the professional incompetence and poor man management from the above three. That's the wrong direction I reckon Broich was referring to. Perhaps you can throw in poor recruitment, selection and loss of promising youth players too.
I don't think there's any sort of player revolt going on. Lets face it why would Pepper or Arana or the young guns do that?
To me Broich epitomises our playing spirit and club culture (this has been a huge part of my belief in the club), I don't get that from the Aloisi's or Craig Moore. They are there for themselves.
We, on the other hand, are the club! Most of us will support our team until we cant, me included. What I wont do though is wave the flag regardless of how management treat our players, particularly legendary ones!

Thanks Medley. I will be there tomorrow as per usual. 

Besty

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »
This thread is all about opinions on a very emotional issue for us all. There will always be extra scrutiny thrown at members of the forum who advise they have "inside" word. Majority of the time it's because in the past there has been plenty who've preached that they know things but in the end it has been shown up as their own opinion only.

Yeah, this. At least we haven't got as bad as some of the keyboard warriors on Facebook. There have been plenty of times in the past where I haven't agreed with aspects of what management was doing. Be it Miron's coaching style, everyone being on the piss with Frank, signing the Chinese Beckham, I could go on. Point being, this is another decision I don't agree with, admittedly it hurts a bit more because it's Thomas, but I'm also tempering this feeling with the knowledge that he's 37 with a dodgy ankle, and I'm just so glad to have seen all the years that have come before this one. At least we're still playing good football, we haven't plumbed the depths of the old days (S2-5) where you used to turn up and watch us lose almost every time and it could be worse, I could follow the Sea Bogans.

poidda

dobo

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »

I agree with the part about Thomas, he always gives his all. He was a big part of why we used to overrun teams in the final minutes and came back from the dead so many time, but with his ageing legs going so has our ability to overrun teams. however i dont really agree with the second part, particularly with Moore i cant really recall any time where Moore has come out to big note himself, he generally works behind the scene and only comes out to tow the club line, he seems to work for the club.

I think he really does love the club. I still remember him as the player that came out to lead the roar a couple of days after having surgury for testicular cancer. he definitely burned a lot of goodwill to the fans by speaking out against Ange and was ultimately proved to be in the wrong but at the time i really think he truely believed that ange's approach was not going to be successful and was wrong for the club (it was a revolution in the aleague). the club had come off its best season in 08-09 under frank and was going ok (3w3d3l) sitting mid table when frank was sacked and sank to the worst finish ever (9th 1 point off last) under ange. Ange then sold the 3 most exciting players (zullo, Oar, sarota,) released our best striker (van dijk) and pretty much gutted the squad and replaced them with untried, or no name players. Ange himself was pretty much unemployable at the time as well with his results with the young socceroos and i think Moore was looking at that and was truly worried about the direction.

I dont know about the Aloisi's, neither have done or said anything that makes me think they love the club but they have re-dedicated for another 2 years even after being screwed around by the owners, even with speculation of an easy out to Adl so there is some affinity there. who knows maybe Aloisi will be the next to revolutionise the aleague playing style and getting rid of broich is the first step (i highly doubt it given the make up of the squad already for next season, but maybe he will find the next Broich, someone that will become the next Brisbane legend)

in the mean time I have 2 more chances to see broich at suncorp and i will enjoy every minute that i get.

scribbo

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
Great gesture that they are having a one minute of clapping on the 22 minute for Broich.

denzele

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
Great gesture that they are having a one minute of clapping on the 22 minute for Broich.
What will happen if WSW score in 22 minute? ;D

Chico Raul

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »
What will happen if WSW score in 22 minute? ;D
Ha Ha. Stranger things have happened.
When you sit down and think it through, the likelihood of Roar winning tonight, flying to Thailand midweek, playing, going to Melbourne who are resting this week and who have no travel, beating Melbourne, and then Perth or  City beating Sydney next week to engineer a GF in Brisbane, it really is 5000-1 Leicester City type odds. This plus Thomas's obvious love of Brisbane explains why he made the announcement earlier in the week. Given only a handful of diehards are coming to the ACL games, this is Thomas's last hurrah in front of the home supporters.
I would think the odds of us winning in Thailand and beating Ulsan are marginally higher. There is a slim possibility of Thomas playing an ACL game here after Ulsan game maybe. But if we lose in Thailand then the Ulsan game will be a dead rubber for us. No guarantee he would even play.
I am still hoping for a miracle but realistically this is Thomas's send off. 

Yowie Dude

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:24:59 PM by Yowie Dude »

Yowie Dude

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204186
  • Total Topics: 7988
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 141