Author Topic: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5  (Read 20184 times)

theoworldwide

Re: Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »
When you see those numbers it's mental.

Meanwhile. ..Okon seems to have recruitment more quality https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mariners-go-double-dutch--469660. And he is only 30!

theoworldwide

« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »
I would love to her postecoglou's honest opinion about this. JA's tactics, recruitment and disregard for Australian youth probably wouldn't sit well with ange.

As much as I love him as national coach..(because he pushes boundaries and get results) .. I'd love to see him one day coach in the a league after his OS stint to raise the bar here again. He is the coach of coaches imo

miron mercedes

« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:22 PM »
I would love to her postecoglou's honest opinion about this. JA's tactics, recruitment and disregard for Australian youth probably wouldn't sit well with ange.

As much as I love him as national coach..(because he pushes boundaries and get results) .. I'd love to see him one day coach in the a league after his OS stint to raise the bar here again. He is the coach of coaches imo

My impression is that Ange is something of a mentor to JA . Didn't he recommend JA to the Roar ?
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »
Dario Vidosic has signed with the Nix
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

medley

« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »

My impression is that Ange is something of a mentor to JA . Didn't he recommend JA to the Roar ?

I'd love to know Ange's thoughts on the current management group.
Made up of at least two of the guys he got rid of.
It could be a while till we win a best and fairest award again.

jamboree

Re: HAL Player Movements/Transfer Thread #5
« Reply #365 on: August 09, 2017, 05:40:34 AM »
There has been a lot of negativity about the roar signings over the off season but some perspective is necessary.

MVC
- signed their old players back again.....................Deng, Milligan, Barbour....Troisi
- they sign players known in the aleague .......Berisha, Barbour..., Austin, Ingham, Geria, Williams, Donachie
I haven't seen a lot of youth players coming through their first team.

SFC
- forward line of mostly overseas proven players -- Bobo, Ninkovic, Polish RW with old brosque the only australian attacker.

WSW
- Spanish striker, Jumpei, ? Martinez return, Bonevacia and Lustica (ex Roar)

At least the roar bring in 'new' players to the a league or bring australian players back. I realise that roar have signed an overseas marquee but at least some players around him are young australian attackers (gameiro, skapetis, d'agostino). We have had the only genuine, young australian striker for a long time in Maclaren. D'Agostino may become the next australian striker in the a league. Roar don't follow the rule of attacking players visa (in fact we only have 3 visa spots taken so far) and pack the defence with australians.

Id like to see where Sydney and MVC finish this year with ACL. If they both finish 1st and 2nd then fair enough. Roar finished 3rd with ACL + extra 2 games + off field stuff.

Chico Raul

« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
There has been a lot of negativity about the roar signings over the off season but some perspective is necessary.

MVC
- signed their old players back again.....................Deng, Milligan, Barbour....Troisi
- they sign players known in the aleague .......Berisha, Barbour..., Austin, Ingham, Geria, Williams, Donachie

SFC
- forward line of mostly overseas proven players -- Bobo, Ninkovic, Polish RW with old brosque the only australian attacker.

WSW

At least the roar bring in 'new' players to the a league or bring australian players back. I realise that roar have signed an overseas marquee but at least some players around him are young australian attackers (gameiro, skapetis, d'agostino). We have had the only genuine, young australian striker for a long time in Maclaren. D'Agostino may become the next australian striker in the a league. Roar don't follow the rule of attacking players visa (in fact we only have 3 visa spots taken so far) and pack the defence with australians.

Id like to see where Sydney and MVC finish this year with ACL. If they both finish 1st and 2nd then fair enough. Roar finished 3rd with ACL + extra 2 games + off field stuff.
I have just been re-watching the qualifier of us v Tevez United/Shanghai last season. TK was immense.  Agree that Roar have brought in some awesome players. Broich, Berisha, Corona and TK.
Also immense that night was Borrello.
I would see Taggart as a genuine young Australian striker though he lost his way a bit when he went overseas. D'Aggers has potential but has a long way to go to show that he is up with Golden Boots such as Taggart and Macca.
Corey Brown was the young bolter who seized his chance last year. It's up to the likes of Caletti, D'Aggers, Ingham,  Oxborrow, Skapetis, and Gameiro to take the chance as and when it comes.
If I had to pick one player that is top of my worry list at Roar it is Luke De Vere. All credit to him that last year he overcame that shocking injury. But he really now needs to cut out the stupid errors. Starting today.
Agree that the ACL is the great leveller. We were doing well up to that Tevez United game but after that it really was a bridge too far with ACL and A League for us last year.

mellod

« Reply #367 on: August 09, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »

MVC

SFC

WSW

I have just been re-watching the qualifier of us v Tevez United/Shanghai last season. TK was immense.  Agree that Roar have brought in some awesome players. Broich, Berisha, Corona and TK.
Also immense that night was Borrello.
I would see Taggart as a genuine young Australian striker though he lost his way a bit when he went overseas. D'Aggers has potential but has a long way to go to show that he is up with Golden Boots such as Taggart and Macca.
Corey Brown was the young bolter who seized his chance last year. It's up to the likes of Caletti, D'Aggers, Ingham,  Oxborrow, Skapetis, and Gameiro to take the chance as and when it comes.
If I had to pick one player that is top of my worry list at Roar it is Luke De Vere. All credit to him that last year he overcame that shocking injury. But he really now needs to cut out the stupid errors. Starting today.
Agree that the ACL is the great leveller. We were doing well up to that Tevez United game but after that it really was a bridge too far with ACL and A League for us last year.

Unfortunately have to agree about Devere. Obviously has talent, but is prone to errors and doesn't have the pace to rescue himself. Can't wait to have Bowles back to give us another option.

Finsta

« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
Daniel Mullen has signed with the Nix

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

theoworldwide

« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mariners-will-make-the-finals---brama-470640

What a difference the right coach makes to recruitment?

Finsta

« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mariners-will-make-the-finals---brama-470640

What a difference the right coach makes to recruitment?
Time will tell.. The boy's only just arrived in town and he's spruiking it up as being the messiah.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

theoworldwide

« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2017, 01:51:47 PM »
That's true. I guess I'm impressed by okons ability to secure 4 foreign players this season from good leagues whom have plenty of first team minutes and are of of the right age. On paper it sounds very good. That coupled with his young but experienced squad will make ccm a interesting team to watch. I hope they do well.

theoworldwide

« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204184
  • Total Topics: 7988
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online