Author Topic: Congratulations Sydney  (Read 414 times)

Septic Bladder

Congratulations Sydney
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »
On behalf of the Brisbane Roar Supporters Forum, I would like to congratulate Sydney on their Victory yesterday in the Grand Final.

Justice was done in the end and the best team this season, probably ever (only one defeat) won the Toilet Seat and The Double.

It was a pulsating match, end to end play, brilliant TV.

I hope they can keep the bulk of their squad so that they can give the ACL a good shake next year. We really need to build big, strong,dominant clubs. That is the successful story in Europe and Asia.

Well done.

Looking forward to next season.

My.2cents

• I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
Re: Congratulations Sydney
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »
On behalf of the Brisbane Roar Supporters Forum, I would like to congratulate Sydney on their Victory yesterday in the Grand Final.

Justice was done in the end and the best team this season, probably ever (only one defeat) won the Toilet Seat and The Double.

I hope they can keep the bulk of their squad so that they can give the ACL a good shake next year. We really need to build big, strong,dominant clubs. That is the successful story in Europe and Asia.

Well done.

Could not agree more, except for the following bits:
Justice was not done
Best team ever is not Sydney
The match did not even come close to pulsating
brilliant TV (Were you watching home and away again?)
I hope they keep the bulk of their squad and get ripped a new one in the ACL.
And yes, looking forward to next season-could not agree more.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 06:20:32 PM »
Didnt they get the greatest ever total points and the greatest ever winning margin?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:22:15 PM by Septic Bladder »

Da Weana

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
Congrats Sydney- yes
pulsating match-sorry no

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Brisbane only lost one match in 2010-11, then didn't lose another until round 9 of the following season, 36 matches.

I only watched bits of the match here and there. Looked pretty desperate. Get the ball without regard for the health of the person with the ball.
11 yellow cards. And that desperation brought nothing really. Deadlock in the mid field by the look of it.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Septic Bladder

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:32:56 PM »
Brisbane only lost one match in 2010-11, then didn't lose another until round 9 of the following season, 36 matches.

Yes, but, Sydney earned 66 points from 27 games against Brisbane's 65 from 30 games. And goal difference of 43 against Brisbane's 32.

Season 1016-17 v 2010-11. Part of one season plus part of another season doesn't count.

I stand by my comment: Sydney are the GOAT.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »

Well done.

Justice was not done

Did you want The Tards to win?

gooseman22

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 05:12:15 AM »

Well done.

Justice was not done

I wanted Arnold to lose.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »

Well done.

Justice was not done

I wanted Arnold to lose.
So you wanted Muscunt to win?

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
Sydney were the best side this season no doubt. I won't be congratulating them though.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

gooseman22

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »

Well done.

Justice was not done

I wanted Arnold to lose.
So you wanted Muscunt to win?

No...just wanted Arnold to lose....couldn't work out a way of both losing :-(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:17:10 PM by gooseman22 »

Septic Bladder

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
According to Ray GATT in The Australian today the secret to Sydney's success was all about emotional intelligence:
--------------------------

He didn?t score a goal or even make a tackle, but he has been one of the secret weapons behind Sydney FC?s stunning success this season.

The name Mick Conway won?t even register with Sydney fans.

Up until now, the emotional intelligence expert, chief executive and founder of XVenture, had shunned all requests for an interview, but broke his silence yesterday to speak exclusively to The Australian about his involvement with the players and getting them to believe in his program.

The results are there for all to see. The Sky Blues carried all before them, winning the Premiers Plate by a record margin, breaking myriad records along the way, culminating in Sunday?s epic penalty shootout win over Melbourne Victory in the A-League grand final.

Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold paid tribute to Conway?s contribution after the two connected in July.

Having experienced the lows of a disappointing 2015-16 season when the club plunged out of ?finals contention late in the second half of the season, he knew he needed to change things.

An introduction to Conway ? who is an also an Adjunct Professor at Macquarie Graduate School of Management ? via former Sydney FC captain Terry McFlynn led to him being made part of the staff.

?One of the key things that Graham identified as a necessary area of improvement from last season was the coach and team?s mental game,? Conway said yesterday. ?The levels of concentration in the latter part of games, dealing with frustrating moments, being calm under pressure and managing anxiety and disappointment were some of things Graham saw as potential barriers to success.

?I worked closely with Graham from the pre-season helping finetune their mental game, and our friendship has been built on trust and a genuine care for each other. This is the fundamental platform and foundation of all our work. The players are a fantastic bunch of men who bought into what I was doing from the start.?

Conway isn?t new to the sports arena. He was on the board of the Central Coast Mariners at one time and has worked in various advisory roles in cricket, including with the Sydney Thunder and Sydney Sixers women?s Big Bash teams. He did work with former Australian cricket captain Steve Waugh and is mentoring world water skiing champion Leanne Campbell.

?It?s been a joy to work with Graham and the team,? Conway said. ?When I met him for the first time I had all I needed to believe this team could be the best we?ve ever seen.

?I set all the team, including the coaching staff and the captain (Alex Brosque) a challenge. Did they want to be known as a good team or great team?

?You have your answer now. The commitment has been there from day one ? every day, playing, training or day off, they did not miss a beat.

?It?s a credit to their enormous hard work and, most importantly, trust, which is one thing that was essential from the moment we started this.?

The Englishman would not reveal the full details of his program but is adamant ?it provides a competitive edge?.

?I can?t tell you everything we did, but emotional intelligence focus is at the cornerstone of the work,? he said. ?Most of our work with the team has been learning about themselves and each other, enhancing their ability to monitor and assess their own and their teammates? emotions, and use this to guide them in their thinking and actions and the application of this in the game.?

So how can he improve on what he has done this season?

?I am excited by the prospect of taking it to another level,? he said. ?We want to set new standards and keep the bar high. There are so many improvements we can all make for next season. We need to given we?re now competing in the Asian Champions League.

?This year we set the challenge to go from good to great, the greatest A-League team so far. Now we need to move that bar higher.?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/the-secret-behind-sydneys-fcs-stunning-success/news-story/887912491d9eb404d6371cf11946fd10

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203902
  • Total Topics: 7973
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10