Author Topic: TIFO Account Details  (Read 19076 times)

priyank

Re: TIFO Account Details
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
Maybe we should also try running something like a kickstarter campaign and marketing it through Facebook and Twitter. Perhaps the club would be willing to help by promoting it on their Facebook channel and or donating a signed jersey for the highest pledge

taking monies (signed jersey/promotion etc) from club for tifo related stuff is a big no...
not even gonna bother explaining why...

ein rebell....

Roar 36

« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »
1K into the account. No explanation required!

B2B

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »
Do all these funds go into just the TIFO'S or whats the go?

Terroarist

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
mostly. some money is used to pre-purchase things like t-shirts, scarves etc which in turn are sold to generate more income.
also items like megaphones, batteries, zip-ties etc are also purchased out of the account as they are required to ensure matchday runs smoothly.
** All content posted remains the property of the author. News Ltd does NOT have my permission to reproduce any of my published content, either in full or in part.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »
Maybe need to change the Thread title to "Match Day Logistics Fund".. :-p
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Roar 36

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
mostly. some money is used to pre-purchase things like t-shirts, scarves etc which in turn are sold to generate more income.
also items like megaphones, batteries, zip-ties etc are also purchased out of the account as they are required to ensure matchday runs smoothly.
Over the years I have significantly  financially supported the TIFO fund. I have never asked how the money is spent, whether it be on a TIFO or promotional material.
All I know is, I trust the TIFO guys who , to me, are the back bone of this club.

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
Over the years I have significantly  financially supported the TIFO fund. I have never asked how the money is spent, whether it be on a TIFO or promotional material.
All I know is, I trust the TIFO guys who , to me, are the back bone of this club.

To add as well, as one of the Den Leadership team, I've crunched the numbers for the last two financial years of TIFO funds (to give us an idea of where the finances are at on a year-to-year basis... and because I'm nerdy for maths & stats :P ). It's a case of not justing knowing the available balance but how much we raised (and where applicable, those revenue streams) and spent, and being able to project ahead.

Roar36's contributions have been a massive help to the overall TIFO fundraising efforts, but, as we recognise it can never always fall on the shoulders of one individual, this is why we seek to have other revenue streams (supporter-generated merchandise, match-day raffles, annual trivia night, etc).

What we hope down the track is a broad-based fundraising way for as many people to be involved, and the same for the creation/construction/painting of these TIFOs themselves.

And regarding Kickstarter, my mate was part of a Kickstarter for post-production funding for a documentary he was working on. The cut that Kickstarter take just doesn't make crowd-funding (in that specific way) very attractive. Plus the logisitics of sending out all the pledges can be massive. There's a great video on Cracked about a film that raised $200k, and the sheer volume of man-hours required to pack & send ALL of the trinkets/ stickers/ shirts. The romance of the fundraise gets negated by the insane post-fundraise logistics.

miron mercedes

« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »
Why not simply put a little banner on this page somewhere asking for donations and showing the bank details to transfer into ? I am happy to pay a bit every now and then and have done in the past..... if it was easy and right in front of me I would do it more often .
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »
Why not simply put a little banner on this page somewhere asking for donations and showing the bank details to transfer into ?

Hi Miron,

This was the first post when the thread originated in late 2011. Four years and 10 pages later, it does get lost in the banter.

Ok an account has been setup for those that would like to contribute to the Tifo's for matchday and also anyone wanting to be involved and are on facebook you can go to this page and request to be added to the group so you are invoved in the discussions on what is being planned.

Here's the facebook page address : https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/193399677338116/?notif_t=group_activity

and here's the details if you would like to contribute funds:

Bank Account Details for donating towards banners/drum skins/and anything else:

BSB: 923 100
A/C number: 81764450
A/C name: Roar Supporters
When doing a bank transfer, please put your name in the description so we know where it's come from! This bank account will only hold funds for Roar donations, so there won't be any mix up of personal funds and donations. We will be able to keep track of all debit and credit transactions. We believe it is the fairest way.

miron mercedes

« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
Why not simply put a little banner on this page somewhere asking for donations and showing the bank details to transfer into ?

Hi Miron,

This was the first post when the thread originated in late 2011. Four years and 10 pages later, it does get lost in the banter.

Ok an account has been setup for those that would like to contribute to the Tifo's for matchday and also anyone wanting to be involved and are on facebook you can go to this page and request to be added to the group so you are invoved in the discussions on what is being planned.

Here's the facebook page address : https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/193399677338116/?notif_t=group_activity

When doing a bank transfer, please put your name in the description so we know where it's come from! This bank account will only hold funds for Roar donations, so there won't be any mix up of personal funds and donations. We will be able to keep track of all debit and credit transactions. We believe it is the fairest way.

cool...I will do something with it ...however my point remains...why not have a banner on here in a permanent spot so it is in your face ...the easier the access the more chance people may contribute.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

B2B

« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »

Hi Miron,

cool...I will do something with it ...however my point remains...why not have a banner on here in a permanent spot so it is in your face ...the easier the access the more chance people may contribute.
Even the occasional Facebook post too? Adding it to the match day events made.. Every little bit helps

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205415
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2