Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix - 9/12/17 - HAL Rnd 10 - CBUS Super Stadium  (Read 1824 times)

Chico Raul

Papa served the mandatory one match suspension last week.
There was meant to be a review into the incident but Ihave not heard what happened. Just speculation that it may be six games.
Anyone know what his suspension is?
So it is a 7 match ban including the mandatory 1. ie 1 + 6

denzele

Papa served the mandatory one match suspension last week.
There was meant to be a review into the incident but Ihave not heard what happened. Just speculation that it may be six games.
Anyone know what his suspension is?
So it is a 7 match ban including the mandatory 1. ie 1 + 6
That is insane . What Avram did is bad and unprofessional and there's no excuse. He deserves some time off as a punishment. 3 games max . Not a 7 games way too long .

What did Simon get for holding a player by the throat ? Nothing of course .

Chico Raul

A very dour game indeed. Hopefully the people who went to Paul McCartney go their money's worth.  I would hate to think that the debacle of having to play at Robina was unnecessary.
Tin Tin's injury is a real concern and with him out and Papa out, we lose two of our best performing players.
Once Tin Tin was off, we lost a lot in attack.
Brown should have given us the lead but missed a sitter. Maccarone also made a pig's ear of an open goal, although he showed class at other times.
We did well to keep a clean sheet against a team that has been scoring freely. We had a bit of luck and some superb saves by Young to thank for that, but also good work by Pepper and Bowles.
Some of the free kicks we conceded were unnecessary and we were lucky not to be punished.
Why Gameiro had to grapple with opponents was a bit baffling. I thought he would be better than that and might have done better if he played a bit more cleanly.
All in all we lacked fluency but given the disruption to the side with players injured or returning from injury and underdone, that was to be expected.
The question it left me with was this. If we could not beat Wellington, who were down a few players, how on earth do we lift to get a result against Victory?
No doubt the JA haters will be out again after this one. I just think we lacked a lot of quality and the responsibility for that lies with individual players rather than the coach.
The Skapetis stomp was inexcusable and incredibly stupid. He was lucky not to be sent off.

Septic Bladder

When does the Big Bash start?

cottonjaws

I went to Paul Macartney instead of the long trip down the coast - from what I saw it was a very sound choice.

denzele

Missed this one . How bad is injury for Eric ?

dobo

A very dour game indeed. Hopefully the people who went to Paul McCartney go their money's worth.  I would hate to think that the debacle of having to play at Robina was unnecessary.
Tin Tin's injury is a real concern and with him out and Papa out, we lose two of our best performing players.
Brown should have given us the lead but missed a sitter. Maccarone also made a pig's ear of an open goal, although he showed class at other times.
We did well to keep a clean sheet against a team that has been scoring freely. We had a bit of luck and some superb saves by Young to thank for that, but also good work by Pepper and Bowles.
Some of the free kicks we conceded were unnecessary and we were lucky not to be punished.
Why Gameiro had to grapple with opponents was a bit baffling. I thought he would be better than that and might have done better if he played a bit more cleanly.
All in all we lacked fluency but given the disruption to the side with players injured or returning from injury and underdone, that was to be expected.
The question it left me with was this. If we could not beat Wellington, who were down a few players, how on earth do we lift to get a result against Victory?
No doubt the JA haters will be out again after this one. I just think we lacked a lot of quality and the responsibility for that lies with individual players rather than the coach.
The Skapetis stomp was inexcusable and incredibly stupid. He was lucky not to be sent off.

I dont know if you have been watching the victory lately but they (and the wanderers) are playing about as dire football as us. the cant buy a win at the moment which usually means we will give them the game gift wrapped with a bow on top.

back to the wello game. we were absolutely crap again. two weeks in a row. wello organised well, got in 2 banks of 5 and 4 and were patient. they waited for us to play a ball forward and pressured the touch, more often than not we turned the ball over or at best played the ball back to our defenders. I think we only turned them around 2 or 3 times the entire game.

We just have no link between the attack and defence. no way to move teams around and create space (i dont think cbus helped us, it looked very slow and heavy across the ground and i swear is significantly smaller than suncorp).

I am struggling to see how we can improve, or what it will take to improve.the players look well and truely out of ideas. where i thought there was at least a spark  about our attack in the first couple of rounds, just missing a little quality in the final 3rd now looks very flat and uninspired.

I dont like the way Aloisi has us set up in attack. when we win the ball the #10 (whether it be holeman, daggers, or Macca as we ended up) goes forward and sits on the last man with Macca. our 2 DMs sit way back and there is a massive hole between the 2. too often macca gets the ball there and looks to drop it to the #10 in that space but there is no one anywhere near. our only option is to go wide and we dont seem to have any quality there or it moves too slowly.

Finally someone has to make a front post run, even if it is just to draw defenders and keeper. this week we could have had about 4 goals if there was someone running near post. again it ended with only macca in the box looking for the deep ball.

Chico Raul

I dont know if you have been watching the victory lately but they (and the wanderers) are playing about as dire football as us. the cant buy a win at the moment which usually means we will give them the game gift wrapped with a bow on top.

back to the wello game. we were absolutely crap again. two weeks in a row. wello organised well, got in 2 banks of 5 and 4 and were patient. they waited for us to play a ball forward and pressured the touch, more often than not we turned the ball over or at best played the ball back to our defenders. I think we only turned them around 2 or 3 times the entire game.

We just have no link between the attack and defence. no way to move teams around and create space (i dont think cbus helped us, it looked very slow and heavy across the ground and i swear is significantly smaller than suncorp).

I am struggling to see how we can improve, or what it will take to improve.the players look well and truely out of ideas. where i thought there was at least a spark  about our attack in the first couple of rounds, just missing a little quality in the final 3rd now looks very flat and uninspired.

I dont like the way Aloisi has us set up in attack. when we win the ball the #10 (whether it be holeman, daggers, or Macca as we ended up) goes forward and sits on the last man with Macca. our 2 DMs sit way back and there is a massive hole between the 2. too often macca gets the ball there and looks to drop it to the #10 in that space but there is no one anywhere near. our only option is to go wide and we dont seem to have any quality there or it moves too slowly.

Finally someone has to make a front post run, even if it is just to draw defenders and keeper. this week we could have had about 4 goals if there was someone running near post. again it ended with only macca in the box looking for the deep ball.
The set up in attack is all based on trying to thread through or cross a ball into Macacarone. His holding of the ball is reasonable and his touch has improved and at times is very good. I guess last year the attack was very much structured around Macca and the way he played. A different style altogether. There are problems with the way we are structured around one player. Not least because the opposition sets up to cut off supply. Unfortunately for us, we have not seen this focus by the opposition on Maccarone offset by our other attackers being able to score on a regular basis. Another problem is what to do when Maccarone is suspended or injured? We have no-one else. D'aggers being the best option it seems and he is yet to convert any of his chances. He plays with energy but no bite as yet.
So far, the case against bringing in rehabilitating players and older players who typically take a long time to recover from injury has been clear cut. We find ourselves in a dire predicament. The hope of capitalising on home games is a forlorn one given the injury situation and we have a lot of travel coming up after that. Prospects are not looking good. And those ACL games tend to be high energy games. I cannot see the squad coping. What we saw against Wello looked like and most probably was the battle of the wooden spooners.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205415
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2