Author Topic: BRFC Vs Lions  (Read 888 times)

dobo

BRFC Vs Lions
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »
Anyone that was at the game want to share for those that were not able to make it?

a 2-0 win over 4th in the BPL isn't exactly mind blowing but it was a young roar team in early pre-season against a team coming to the end of their season and playing decent football.

anyone stand out/anyone look out of their depth? Any goss from the staff or notable sightings?

I have one second hand and probably meaningless but apparently Thomas B was there to watch and wearing Roar gear. perhaps they are still on good terms?

Chico Raul

Re: BRFC Vs Lions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
Anyone that was at the game want to share for those that were not able to make it?

a 2-0 win over 4th in the BPL isn't exactly mind blowing but it was a young roar team in early pre-season against a team coming to the end of their season and playing decent football.

anyone stand out/anyone look out of their depth? Any goss from the staff or notable sightings?

I have one second hand and probably meaningless but apparently Thomas B was there to watch and wearing Roar gear. perhaps they are still on good terms?
Ditto. Couldn't make the game so would like to know more.
Marco's twitter shows the team sheet.
Marco mentioned a Spanish trialist. Gullermo Torres coming on for the last 23 minutes.
And the Roar report talks about a midfielder called Emilio Martinez who is not on that team sheet. Martinez I assume is the WSW player / ex??
Also Oxborrow was on the teamsheet.

Interesting about Thomas!

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:19:49 AM »

Ditto. Couldn't make the game so would like to know more.
Marco's twitter shows the team sheet.
Marco mentioned a Spanish trialist. Gullermo Torres coming on for the last 23 minutes.
And the Roar report talks about a midfielder called Emilio Martinez who is not on that team sheet. Martinez I assume is the WSW player / ex??
Also Oxborrow was on the teamsheet.

Interesting about Thomas!
Nico Martinez is the fellow who was at WSW..

On Twitter I follow a handle called "MrWalkerAgent" who seems to be able to get a fair bit of inside info that comes out as correct. He(they) have recently said to "stay tuned on Broich", however there was no acknowledgement what/where he could be going (Roar or otherwise).
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

mellod

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:24:19 AM »
Didn't attend, so only some highlights from twitter.

- Penalty given away by North and saved by Theo
- Goals from Shannon Brady and Rahmat Akbari (don't know much about him, isn't listed in the teams on the Roar website)
- Mitch Oxborrow trialled (so no contract yet?)
- Guillermo Torres trialled and came on for Holman (is apparently a striker). Not a lot of information available for him. Apparently a 21 year old striker from Spain?
- Emelio Martinez wasn't listed as a trialist, so not sure what that means. Maybe this guy? http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/player/emilio-martinez/1iozyp498emx31k6tm4eo5wo82

Chico Raul

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:32:29 AM »
Didn't attend, so only some highlights from twitter.

- Penalty given away by North and saved by Theo
- Goals from Shannon Brady and Rahmat Akbari (don't know much about him, isn't listed in the teams on the Roar website)
- Mitch Oxborrow trialled (so no contract yet?)
- Guillermo Torres trialled and came on for Holman (is apparently a striker). Not a lot of information available for him. Apparently a 21 year old striker from Spain?
- Emelio Martinez wasn't listed as a trialist, so not sure what that means. Maybe this guy? http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/player/emilio-martinez/1iozyp498emx31k6tm4eo5wo82

Not visible on Marco's twitter but once I downloaded the image of the teamsheet, I could see Emilio Martinez at number 29. Torres was number 25.
Isn't Akbari one of the youth?
http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/article/joeys-selection-caps-roar-teens-amazing-journey/18jx441zk7bdd1qh4jz3rmst1e

Paolo

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »
Was there last night, and yes it was the first hit out of the new season, with all our new  people missing, so it should be treated as such. Tons and tons of possession, but as usual we were not able to penetrate a tight defence. Again it looked like the team was under instructions not to shoot but score from inside the 6. Holmann impressed me playing with purpose and extremely difficult to dispossess even when against 3 players harassing at the same time. Macarrone did the pregame drills , he can certainly pack a powerful shot, ( I hope we will use hime wisely, he is more of a Barisha then McLaren , thats for sure.). Torres came on with all the changes and looked like a triallist... I mean was trying to be involved etc, but nothing really came off... better luck next time..
P.

Chico Raul

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »

The list of youth players in the NPL  is on a different site
http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-9385-136882-423193-25546857&a=STATS

On the team sheet from last night:
15 Leck
16 Reardon
23 Akbari
27 Sawyer
28 Yoon
43 Bilic

Then we had Oxborrow, Martinez and Torres on trial.

Also, just checked out The Mr Walker Agent handle and he mentions Jesse Makarounas as close to being signed by Roar back on 17th July
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:31:42 AM by Chico Raul »

Fixer

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
Martinez is in the youth squad , ex WSW youth player , no relation to Nico.

Chico Raul

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
Martinez is in the youth squad , ex WSW youth player , no relation to Nico.
Yes. I missed that. He is listed on the NPL side. Looks new. Played 3 games.
And I guess strictly speaking, if Oxborrow is going to be an injury replacement then it was just Torres on trial.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
The female kangaroo has a pouch. The male kangaroo doesn't. So the male kangaroo has pouch envy. "Why don't i get a pouch? I've got things to carry too. At least give me a pocket".

The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles.

mellod

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »
Highlights of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhtNIf_xv4

Classic Roar defensive blunder in the 15th minute.

Reardon with a good header and unlucky to not score. Good save.

Akbari hit the post and made a great run for his goal. Hopefully one to watch.

Chico Raul

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »
Highlights of the game

Classic De Vere blunder. We saw him do a lot of silly stuff last year and in it seems to be a feature of his game for ever. Papa and Jado are first choice for me.

dobo

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Highlights of the game

Classic De Vere blunder. We saw him do a lot of silly stuff last year and in it seems to be a feature of his game for ever. Papa and Jado are first choice for me.
We will be playing in a 3-4-2-1 more this year. so

Devere, Papa, north
Hingert TK Mckay/callettie Brown
         holeman     FBK
                Macarone

with corey on the bench to revert to a 4-2-3-1 if we need some more attacking play. this is unless we sign an unbelievable winger for cheap. JA confirmed as much in the CM yesterday.

Chico Raul

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
Highlights of the game

We will be playing in a 3-4-2-1 more this year. so

Devere, Papa, north
Hingert TK Mckay/callettie Brown
         holeman     FBK
                Macarone

with corey on the bench to revert to a 4-2-3-1 if we need some more attacking play. this is unless we sign an unbelievable winger for cheap. JA confirmed as much in the CM yesterday.
I am not sure the new formation will overcome De Vere's tendency to the cheap hand over.
Here is what the CM is saying about the new formation and possibility of Big Mac playing in the next friendly. (there is an error in Marco's text but we get the gist)

MARQUEE signing Massimo Maccarone is set to make his Brisbane Roar debut on Saturday week against Peninsula Power.
Maccarone watched from the stands as the Roar opened their pre-season campaign with a 2-0 Heritage Shield win over Brisbane Premier League outfit Lions FC at Richlands on Wednesday night.
But with the Roar hosting Melbourne Victory in an FFA Cup round of 32 clash at Perry Park on August 9, Brisbane coach John Aloisi is keen for the veteran Italian striker to get some game time under his belt.
Aloisi said Maccarone would be used against BPL club Peninsula at AJ Kelly Field, as will defender Avraam Papadopolous and former Victory star Fahid Ben Khalfallah, another pair who didn?t play on Wednesday night.
A decision is yet to be made whether Spanish attacker Guillermo Torres will continue his trial with the club.
Aloisi was happy enough with the win over Lions ? courtesy of second-half goals to Shannon Brady and substitute Rahmat Akbari ?- despite the Roar?s obvious rust.
The Roar coach implemented a new system that included three central defenders, two wing backs and two players in ?No.10? roles.
?It was a bit scrappy ? to be expected,? Aloisi said.
?It (the new formation) is a little bit different to what we?ve played in the past.
?There?s still a lot to work on but we have got some good central defenders. When we to build up in a three we can, if we have to go back to just building up with the two and having just normal fullbacks and having wingers we can.
?We change it up a little bit. We?re trying to evolve as a team, and try to play a little bit different in terms of the system but not in terms of the way we want to play.?

coast

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »
Three at the back is the new black, it seems.

Fixer

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
Yes , 343 in attack becomes 541 in defence , the problem is the speed of transition from attack to defence , Brown and Hingeart will have to be super fit to play that system we would also need to have decent back up in those wing back positions , Ingam looked decent last year and O'Toole was pretty sound v lions and against the Thai team last year.
We have plenty of cover in midfield centre , only weak areas are at the pointy end , need at least one more 7 or 11 to round us off.

Chico Raul

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »
Yes , 343 in attack becomes 541 in defence , the problem is the speed of transition from attack to defence , Brown and Hingeart will have to be super fit to play that system we would also need to have decent back up in those wing back positions , Ingam looked decent last year and O'Toole was pretty sound v lions and against the Thai team last year.
We have plenty of cover in midfield centre , only weak areas are at the pointy end , need at least one more 7 or 11 to round us off.
Apart from Torres on trial is Roar still in the hunt for a winger or has that ball been dropped now?

dave_saves

• Premiers & Champions 10/11, 13/14; Champions 11/12
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
Apart from Torres on trial is Roar still in the hunt for a winger or has that ball been dropped now?
surely you they're still looking for a winger. Torres from what I've gathered is a striker though, not a winger so much, and previously only played 4th division Spain at best. Guess we'll see if he can cut it at this level over the next few weeks.
Most Recent: Brisbane 1 (Hingert) lost to Sydney FC 3
Roar history (vs FFA Cup/HAL/ACL teams) P: 405 W: 171 D: 101 L: 133 GF: 610 GA: 510
Best: 7-1 Vs. AU (28/10/11), 6-0 Vs Global FC (31/1/17)
Worst: 0-6 Ulsan Hyundai (28/2/17)

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205416
  • Total Topics: 8049
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online