Author Topic: Peter Skapetis set to trial with Brisbane Roar  (Read 2466 times)

mellod

Peter Skapetis set to trial with Brisbane Roar
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
Former Australia youth international Peter Skapetis is to trial with Brisbane Roar as he seeks to reignite a career stymied by back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament injuries.

After six seasons in England, which included spells with Queens Park Rangers and Stoke City, the 22-year-old former South Melbourne junior is back on home soil and out to win a Roar deal for the 2017-2018 A-League season.

Skapetis looked to be on an upward trajectory when Mark Hughes signed him for the Potters in 2014.

But a ruptured ACL proved a significant setback, and his hopes of a breakthrough at the Britannia Stadium were cruelly crushed when lightning struck twice as he returned to action after the first rupture.

Skapetis went on to feature for Derby County's under-23's and was close to a deal at Championship club Cardiff City recently, but financial fair play rules intervened to deter Neil Warnock from signing him.

Renowned for his pace and power, Skapetis also had a stint with non-league Dover Athletic before opting to return home.

Having left for England at 16, Skapetis will now bid to force an A-League breakthrough, with John Aloisi having the first option for one of Australia's unluckiest youngsters.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/07/31/luckless-skapetis-aims-open-roar-door-after-injury-hell?cx_navSource=related-side-cx#cxrecs_s

BrynFC

Re: Peter Skapetis set to trial with Brisbane Roar
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »
Back to Back ACL's

be interesting how he goes

gooseman22

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
Back to Back ACL's

If we tape him and Corey Gameiro together, we should have a fully functional striker.

BrynFC

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
Back to Back ACL's

If we tape him and Corey Gameiro together, we should have a fully functional striker.

that could work, but for how long  :)

I accepted that giving Corey another chance, was a risk, i think he's done his knee three times??  but i hope he restarts his footballing career.

But not sure about Peter, with the age of our squad, we should be minimising risk, not increasing it.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
Best of luck to the kid.. Obviously does have something about him if he was on the books in England.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

mellod

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 05:34:50 PM »
Rumour that he will be offered a contract after the game against Peninsula Power: https://twitter.com/MrWalkerAgent/status/894060137907863552

I thought he looked quite good. Decent goal, full of running.

mellod

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2048
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204766
  • Total Topics: 8012
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online