Author Topic: Dane Ingham expelled from All Whites squad after arriving out of condition  (Read 636 times)

mellod

Defender Dane Ingham has been sent home from All Whites camp after arriving out of shape.

Coach Anthony Hudson confirmed that the 18-year-old had turned up out of condition and has already left the squad.

"He was unfit, his body fat was high. We've given him a couple of fitness tests and he's not where we need him to be," Hudson told Newshub.

The Brisbane Roar back was called up to the national side earlier this year alongside his brother Jai, playing in the World Cup qualifiers against Fiji and all three of the All Whites' games at the Confederations Cup.

Hudson spoke of the importance of Ingham to the squad going forward, saying it was a difficult decision but one from which the teenager would take plenty of learnings.

"Young kids make mistakes, especially when they've only just turned professional. Unfortunately, he needs to learn, and he will learn.

"It was a very difficult conversation, I know he was upset and it's hard for him.

"I've told him he's a massive part of what we want to do. He's going to be back in here in no time and I know he's going to respond the right way."

Ingham has played on only three occasions for the Roar but made an immediate impact, netting a goal in his second game to become the fourth youngest goal-scorer in A-league history.

The additional squad depth is something Hudson says has enabled him to make such cuts, admitting he would have had to "bite the bullet" if the same incident had occurred in previous years.

"I've been wanting to make these decisions two-and-a-half, three years ago. Now we have the squad," said the Englishman.

The All Whites will play the Solomon Islands on Friday in the first of two World Cup qualifiers.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/08/defender-dane-ingham-expelled-from-all-whites-squad-after-arriving-out-of-condition.html#.WaTOiOBh2aM.twitter

Chico Raul

Is this just a kid not taking things seriously or is his level of conditioning a reflection of the club's approach which seems to be to slowly prepare players to be ready in five weeks time?

theoworldwide

Hard to imagine any roar player training in the brisbane heat to be carrying much body fat

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Personal responsibility on this one IMO. He's a pro now. I would expect the club to guide him somewhat but off his own back and knowing that qualifiers were coming up he should've made sure he'd be as fit as possible.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.160 W.82 D.34 L.44

Chico Raul

According to the Murdoch media:Roar football director Craig Moore met with Ingham on Wednesday, and said the club would provide the shattered 18-year-old with the support he needed.

?I don?t think it was good the way the situation was handled,? Moore said.

?We were never given any guidelines by the New Zealand Football Association about the level of fitness Dane was expected to be at.?

medley

[quote

?We were never given any guidelines by the New Zealand Football Association about the level of fitness Dane was expected to be at.?
[/quote]

Is this bloke serious??
How fit does he want the Roar to be going into the season?

Chico Raul

[quote

Is this bloke serious??
His brother at Victory seems to have no problem.
But then again, Victory seemed to be fit and up for the FFA Cup.
How many current internationals do we have on our books?
Prior to the incident I believe it was one. Which is not exactly a great number to manage. It seems bizarre.
If Roar manage the players fitness regimes then I think Roar stuffed up.
What is the point of having ex professional and ex international players working for the club if they don't apply their experience. You would think they might communicate with the All Whites fitness people and vica versa and if nothing came down the pipe from NZ, then ask the question. The international window is well advertised.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:43:41 AM by Chico Raul »

coast

[quote

Is this bloke serious??
Prior to the incident I believe it was one. Which is not exactly a great number to manage. It seems bizarre.
What is the point of having ex professional and ex international players working for the club if they don't apply their experience. You would think they might communicate with the All Whites fitness people and vica versa and if nothing came down the pipe from NZ, then ask the question. The international window is well advertised.

I would have thought the All Whites staff should shoulder most of the blame.  The kid's 18.  How was it that they left him to his own devices? 

dobo

[quote

Is this bloke serious??

I would have thought the All Whites staff should shoulder most of the blame.  The kid's 18.  How was it that they left him to his own devices? 

Yeah from what I remember reading the Socceroos are all monitored at their club prior to coming into camp. Im pretty sure all the gps data from trainings leading up and even their food intake is all sent to the roos staff for monitoring in the lead up.

the backroom staff need to take some accountability

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204439
  • Total Topics: 7996
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online