Author Topic: No Major Shirt Sponsor?  (Read 824 times)

BrynFC

No Major Shirt Sponsor?
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »
Well, i see we have the new shirts out for the up coming season and noticed there isn't a Main Sponsor on the front of the shirt??

I did notice that we picked up a new rear shirt sponsor "East Coast Car Rentals"

No sure on the new home shirt, maybe it will grow on me.

http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/photo-gallery/major-announcement-introducing-our-201718-playing-kits-wkleu5xa74201wjkspdkjls7b

coast

Re: No Major Shirt Sponsor?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
I absolutely HATE the new strip.

We are orange and black, not this insipid umber and white shit!  Looks like an old Arsenal strip that's been soaked in bleach.

Who makes a decision like this?   A cretin with no taste and no sense of tradition, that's who. 

What the f**k is happening with our club? 

The ONLY positive I can take from this is that the last time we had a disastrous season, that too coincided with a change to a lame strip - that horrible all orange.  We tanked and they changed the strip back.  I'm predicting the same thing to happen again.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:45:25 AM by coast »

Chico Raul

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »
A kit is just a kit to me. It looks like an orange version of an Arsenal shirt. It's ok. Nice to see the pricing at $79.
I don't know why we have a maroon kit and also an away kit. Happy with maroon.
Good to see FBK and Corey Gameiro.
Enjoyed the David Bowie Heroes theme.
Sounds like after Victory in Ballarat we play Olympic down at Goodwin Park.

miron mercedes

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »
I am ok with all the strips. They are like club songs....everyone has a different favourite so no one strip will please all.
I would be curious though to know who actually picks the strip ? A Bakrie ? some sort of committee ? Danny the kit man ???
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

dobo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
I quite like the Maroon (i was really against it last season), i like the away strip (though i wouldnt buy it myself), I dont like the home, hate the white shorts, bring back the black. It would look infinitely better if they just changed the white to black in that strip.

coast

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 03:30:34 PM »
New era, yeah.  A horrible, insipid home kit, a coach who shows no indication of knowing what he is doing, a back room of bovver boys left over from Minder, and a squad that looks like a mashup of a retirement home, a car crash rehab centre and a kindergarten.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:32:40 PM by coast »

Fixer

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »
New era, yeah.  A horrible, insipid home kit, a coach who shows no indication of knowing what he is doing, a back room of bovver boys left over from Minder, and a squad that looks like a mashup of a retirement home, a car crash rehab centre and a kindergarten.

Jeez , you must be a barrel of laughs to live with ....

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »
Unusually upbeat and positive coastie.
Personally, the new colours remind me of the ice creams we used to have when I was a kid. My mouth started watering as soon as I saw the combination.
I like the diversion to a deep blue. A refreshing change. I hope the maroon kit works better this season.

The Orange and Black fans may be disappointed, but now they know how us orange, maroon, and blue fans felt.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

coast

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »
Unusually upbeat and positive coastie.
Personally, the new colours remind me of the ice creams we used to have when I was a kid. My mouth started watering as soon as I saw the combination.
I like the diversion to a deep blue. A refreshing change. I hope the maroon kit works better this season.

The Orange and Black fans may be disappointed, but now they know how us orange, maroon, and blue fans felt.

Lol.  Yeah, generally coincides with extreme pressure of work.  I really, really need a holiday.   One week and two weeks in 3 years of generally 6 day weeks...

I'm willing to concede that it may be me.  At least some it.  Still hate the home kit.  Like the away, and the maroon.

My favourite kit was season 1.  Orange top, blue shorts, maroon socks. Brilliant. 

That being said, I wouldn't be averse to a complete switch to maroon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:46:30 PM by coast »

Septic Bladder

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 11:23:57 PM »
I absolutely HATE the new strip.

We are orange and black, not this insipid umber and white shit!  Looks like an old Arsenal strip that's been soaked in bleach.

Who makes a decision like this?   A cretin with no taste and no sense of tradition, that's who. 

What tradition. You have changed strip and colour combinations on a regular basis.

Orange, blue &  maroon - a sartorial crime
Orange and Black - dull and boring
Orange - best strip imo, even though it was pure Hollandia
Orange & White - not too bad, touch of The Arsenal.

jamboree

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 07:04:03 AM »
It is only a kit. Barcelona have worn salmon pink/bright pink. Still played alright.
I like the blue away kit. Better than white.

My concern is the lack of shirt sponsor. Highlights the lack of promotion A league gets in the general public plus the consequences of poor management. I would have thought that a shirt sponsor would be more likely given channel ten have the TV rights.

Have they previously had shirt launches like this one ?
At least the backroom management appears to have improved. Early promotion of memberships, a shirt launch, some social media coverage...Mark Kingsman seems to be doing ok. Of course the membership packs have not arrived yet but...

theoworldwide

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »
I like all 3 shirts. They do an excellent job of articulating how out of touch management are with their customers. 

Matters like this should be outsourced to fans. There is more energy, time, passion and talent in the club's supporter group than the club administration will ever have. So let the fans call the shots and leave the club with the final say. Logo was the same debacle.

Poor clubs like ours need to do things smarter.

coast

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »
I like all 3 shirts. They do an excellent job of articulating how out of touch management are with their customers. 

Matters like this should be outsourced to fans. There is more energy, time, passion and talent in the club's supporter group than the club administration will ever have. So let the fans call the shots and leave the club with the final say. Logo was the same debacle.

Well said.

Herbielives

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 12:02:57 PM »
Mark Kingsman is the owner of East Coast Car rentals.

Not a real sponsorship coup really is it?

coast

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
Mark Kingsman is the owner of East Coast Car rentals.

Not a real sponsorship coup really is it?

The club should be so much bigger than it is.  All those titles and somehow we ended up with nothing.

BrynFC

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »

Well said.

Completely agree

miron mercedes

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
Does anyone know who within the club actually chooses the strips ? At the launch it appeared that Kingsman liked the blue jersey ...so I assume he didn't pick the jerseys colours or designs ? 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:51:03 PM by miron mercedes »
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Murk

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
Prefer orange and white to orange and black, which strikes me as too strong and discordant.
Suspect orange and black was forced on us as a compromise, a concession to the group that has ever tried to get us playing in black.Black has certainly not been with us since the beginning.

spongebob

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Can't say I am a fan of the new strip.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204439
  • Total Topics: 7996
  • Online Today: 16