Author Topic: Socceroos V Japan  (Read 521 times)

Septic Bladder

Socceroos V Japan
« on: August 31, 2017, 11:16:20 PM »
Horrible.

My heart sank when I saw Kruze as centre forward.

Then I got deeply depressed with all the traditional Mad Ange play out from the back at all costs strategy.

And I just hate the 3 at the back philosophy.

And then we bring on Cahill, who can only do one thing, and we don't lob any balls on to his head.

Ange was mumbling mess post match - obviously has lost the plot.

Still a 50:50 chance, but seriously, Ange's team peaked at the Asian Cup and is now in decline.

I'm glad he is leaving soon.

My.2cents

• I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
Re: Socceroos V Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:27:17 AM »
Horrible.

Then I got deeply depressed with all the traditional Mad Ange play out from the back at all costs strategy.

And then we bring on Cahill, who can only do one thing, and we don't lob any balls on to his head.

Still a 50:50 chance, but seriously, Ange's team peaked at the Asian Cup and is now in decline.

For the first time ever, i think I agree with everything you just wrote.

I think I need a shower...

theoworldwide

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
I think it was always going to be very tough to win. We had to...

Regardless of what happens with the wcq. .. ange has done more for Australian football than I've witness anyone else achieve. .. so I'm not going to beat up on him line the media will.

4 draws.....players have to put the ball I the net it there job...opportunity lost

coast

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:48:43 AM »
Horrible.

Yes on every point.

What a disappointment Ange has proven to be.  World Wide - he did a lot at first, yes, but since the Asian Cup he has produced one of the worst Australian sides, in terms of performances, that I have seen.  He is now, unfortunately, doing Australian football nothing but harm.

Herbielives

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
Some terrible selections indeed.

Leckie is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen in a Socceroos shirt. 44 games for 5 goal return.

No point sacking Ange now, he is going after world cup anyway. Thank god for that. He was good at club level but way out of his depth at national team level. Failed dismally with the younger National Teams and we hand him the reigns to the senior squad!!!

Point to ponder - JA wants us to play the same formation as the Socceroos.

I hope Im proven wrong otherwise it's gonna be a long year

Chico Raul

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
Some terrible selections indeed.

Leckie is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen in a Socceroos shirt. 44 games for 5 goal return.

No point sacking Ange now, he is going after world cup anyway. Thank god for that. He was good at club level but way out of his depth at national team level. Failed dismally with the younger National Teams and we hand him the reigns to the senior squad!!!

Point to ponder - JA wants us to play the same formation as the Socceroos.

I hope Im proven wrong otherwise it's gonna be a long year
Japan were more potent, and once one nil up could play more counter attacking style given a draw would not be bad for them. Big crowd would have helped them.
Having been to the first game in Melbourne, I actually think we were better last night over 90 minutes than in that game.
If you had said at the start of the qualifiers that we needed to go to Japan and win or at least draw,  at best most people might have hoped for a draw.
Our situation is down to  those draws in winnable situations earlier on rather than this result. Two more points and the situation would be much more comfortable.
I am bitterly disappointed not so much with the result but more that we may not qualify. That will be catastrophic for the game here.
I don't think that the defensive formation was the problem at all.
I am left wondering how we might have fared with Mooy available and a full fit striker and Kruse playing more wide.
As for Roar, I think we should play 4-4-2 or at least with 2 up front because Big Mac does not look like the sort of forward nor the right age and energy level to play on his own. In fact, unless he dramatically improves (hopefully the problems are his fitness and lack of understanding with the group), I would not be playing him at all.
If he goes ok tonight, I will be encouraged, but on the showing to date, we have a huge problem in terms of the striker role.
And you can see from last night v Japan, how important having a fit striker on for 90 minutes is.

Fixer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 01:11:37 PM »
Behich or Davidson are better left backs than Smith or Gersbach , don't know what they have done to upset Ange, even Zullo should be in the mix for the position that we struggle in

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205202
  • Total Topics: 8037
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0